• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Consultant: Surviving Chaos and Politics as a Busy Mom

In summary, the author is a Pampered Chef consultant and they came up with this idea for a show. They have a 13 year old daughter, a 9 year old son, and 2 ½ year old twins daughters. There is so much chaos in their house that George W. Bush wouldn't even dream of getting involved in the "peace keeping." So, they came up with this idea for a show where they would get out of their house and talk to their hostess' friends and family. Some people might think it is offensive, but the author doesn't care
susiescookingcorner
Ok, I am always looking for new openings for my show. I came up with this one this morning while I was laying in bed. I wanted to get some opions.

Here it is:

I became a Pampered Chef consultant for political reasons….My house is full of political reasons for getting out several times a month. I have a 13 year old daughter that given a few days would have Osma Bin Ladin waving a white flag. I have a 9 year old son that requires more attention than Sadam Hussien. And then there are my 2 ½ year old twins daughters. They simulate the North Korean government with their fingers on the trigger of a nuclear missle at all times! There is so much chaos in my house that George W. Bush wouldn’t even dream of getting involved in the “peace keeping”. So you can see why I take time at the beginning of my shows to thank my hostess for gathering her friends and family in her home in order for me to get out of mine!

Does anyone think that would be offensive?:confused:

Thanks!

I think I would be lost! As a SAHM, following the news is not high on my list of things to do. I would probably give you a courtesy laugh on that one.

I'm not too sure with it. It doesn't bother me but, you never know what a person's oppinion about politics will be.

Yes that is what I was worried about. I don't know if I want to mix politics in it. Even if it is in a funny way.Thanks for the opinions!

Personally I think it is great! But, I would definately have to know the kind of crowd to use it on to make sure you wouldn't offend anybody.

I thought it was funny... as long as you had it down, and were quick with it!

But I'm not one to get easily offended.... but wait... why would anyone take sides with Saddam or Osama?

LOL! I suppose the only part I wasn't sure about was about the President. But I have to say that I am republican and that was not intended as any kind of jab at our president. Just good humor. I guess the best of comedians uses many of these subjects in their content. I was really just going for the funny factor. All of the CD's that I have listened to and many of the workshops that I attended at Conference stressed the importance of being an edutainer. That is my only goal.

Yikes! If you knew your crowd, but right now things like this are such a hot topic, especially with 9/11 right around the corner. I know its been 5 years, but people are still (understandably) very sensitive about it.

I think it's funny....but I'd be careful about using it unless you know your crowd VERY WELL!!!! And then you still need to watch it....you NEVER know who you are going to offend these days! And, it's usually the one's that you think you won't! Plus, you don't want to hurt your sales & bookings;)

I think it's really funny, but I do agree that some people might not understand what you are talking about. I am a republican too, but some are not and do not agree with the war. And I try to make it a policy to keep politics out. I have done shows with some very nice people who happen to believe the opposite from what I do and when they try to bring it up at shows I simply say let's not go there, now back to the tools......and I usually get a laugh out of that.

I don't have any real opening I usually feel out the crowd first when it comes to jokes and I generally try to keep it on topics about kitchen and cooking.

I wouldn't use it (even though it is kinda funny) because you never know who has a son or daughter over there, and maybe a family member that has been killed. This is a party, not a trigger to remember bad things.

It's cute - but I think people go to Pampered Chef parties to get AWAY from all the politics. They just want to relax and have a good time - and that would probably generate political discussions which is what you do not want at your party...not to mention offending some people! Oh and I am a republican too - I would not be offended at all - I think its humorous but you just dont know about some people......sounds like you are off to a good start tho with including your family and guests do relate to that....just think of something else funny about them and why you need to get out!!!

Last edited:
Thank you all so much for your honest opinions....that is truly what I was looking for!!

I think it's funny but maybe you could make it less "political" and more personal. Alluding to your older children's moodiness and knowing that you have toddler twins makes me feel for you. I think making sure everyone knows you have four kids and that you like getting out of the house is effective for reasons to become a consultant. Telling something about yourself that is memorable is a great way to connect with the audience....

Having a little 'jingle' about the crazy life at home might be a benefit to getting future consultants. I'm sure you're not the only mother out there that does this/would do this to get away from the kiddies! In fact, my newest recruit is doing it for that exact reason! But...I'd have to agree with the majority - this particular one could end up hurting your business, rather than helping it. :( So, I'd take the political inuendos out of it, and change it around a bit to something funny that everyone would enjoy. ;) You are BOUND to run across a SAHM or a military mom or someone that could not only relate to you - but look to you and Pampered Chef as a way for her to get some 'alone time'! :D

HTH!

Its cute in its on right, but again you would have to really know your crowd, I personally probley wouldn't use it. But something creative like that is a good idea!!!

I wouldn't use it. Maybe you could instead insert quips about weird celebrities or fictional characters. Like the Terminator, Rambo, Harry Potter, etc. Then you wouldn't step on people's toes.

That is an excellent idea! Thank you! I will start working on that right away!!!Thanks!

Susie, if you have used this opening already, how has it worked? I would personally worry about someone who was so incredibly focused on negative things like this intro suggests.

It is supposed to be light and fun, but I wouldn't use it....maybe military people would benefit from that type of humor, but the average civilian hears enough of politics outside of the kitchen show.

It is really cute, but being from a military family...having my own military family and living in a military community I would totally steer clear of that one. I am sure that it would offend a lot of people in my neck of the woods. My husband is doing a tour in South Korea right now and I am VERY sensitive about anything that has to do with North Korea. When he was in Iraq I was very sensitive about that...I would be very careful how you use that. It might been seen by some that you are making light of current situations that aren't light at all. Just my 2 cents...have a great day...and good luck!

I did laugh at it, at the thought of haivng all that chaos, but like many others have said it's pretty risky.
My son is leaving to go over in the next week to Iraq so really, it's no joking matter to me for sure.
I'm a Republican too and wasn't offended at all about the little part of President Bush though.

And thank you to all our military and their families.

Kris

Related to Pampered Chef Consultant: Surviving Chaos and Politics as a Busy Mom

1. How do I book a show with Pampered Chef?

To book a show with Pampered Chef, simply reach out to your consultant or visit our website to find a consultant near you. Your consultant will work with you to find the perfect date and time for your show.

2. What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef show?

Hosting a Pampered Chef show is a fun and easy way to earn free and discounted products. You also have the opportunity to learn new recipes and cooking techniques from our consultants.

3. Can I invite friends and family who live in different states to my show?

Yes, absolutely! Our consultants are able to host virtual shows, so your friends and family from all over the country can join in on the fun and shop from the comfort of their own homes.

4. What types of products can I expect to see at my show?

At your show, you can expect to see a variety of high-quality kitchen tools and cookware. From knives and bakeware to kitchen gadgets and small appliances, we have everything you need to make cooking and entertaining a breeze.

5. How long does a Pampered Chef show typically last?

Our shows typically last around 2 hours, but it ultimately depends on the number of guests and the type of show you are hosting. Your consultant will work with you to find the best timing for your specific needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tabitha Wilson
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kara Eaton
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Jeesjohn
  • Colleen Burlet