• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef and Tupperware Together?

In summary, the conversation revolved around a hostess who wanted to do a show at her house with a Tupperware representative. The speaker, who is a consultant, explained that they have a policy of not doing combined shows with other direct sales companies. They also mentioned that Tupperware products are encroaching on their own product line and it could potentially divide the budget of guests. The speaker suggested having separate parties for each company and the hostess would benefit more from having a Tupperware party after the initial party. The speaker also mentioned the positive experience they had doing a show with a Thirty One representative.
amybee
So I have a hostess that booked with me in March. I spoke to her yesterday. She asked how I felt about doing a show at her house with a tupperware rep? I told her I have never done anything like that before. She is 45 minutes aways from me to start. How do I tell her in a nice way that I am traveling almost an hour to get to her house and that I do not want to share my show with a Tupperware rep. She is saying she will have about 12 people there. That can be true or she can have half that.

I like TW - but I would not do a show with them. Their product line is starting to encroach on ours. They carry cookware, micro-cookers, knives.....Let your host know that she is hurting herself as much as both consultants by doing this.

If a host approaches me with something like this I just let them know that I prefer to not do combo shows. Explain to her that instead of having 1 great show, she may end up with 2 not so good shows if her guests have to split their budget amount. Suggest maybe having your party this month and the TW party in a couple months after that.

Has she ever LOOKED at a Tupperware catalog?? Too many of their products are trying to "be like PC", but at a much higher price. (might work to YOUR advantage!)...but I'm with the others, I wouldn't do it. I'd just let her know that both product lines are too close and it wouldn't work out so well for her as the host/benefits for her.It's not like a combo show with Tastefully Simple or some totally different product line. (which I still wouldn't want to do).

I agree with the others... TW is too close to PC. I'd just tell her in a nice way that you prefer to not do combo shows. Is the TW consultant okay with doing a combo show? I can't imagine she would be...

I have made that mistake too many times for friends. Luckily I am still in PC and they do not do DS any more! We both end up with really poor totals. Especially now what with more and more people really having to keep to a budget. I would also say no.

My policy is never to do combined shows. Period. The few times I've been asked about doing them I've told the potential host that this is my policy. It divides the loyalties of the host and the spending money of the guests.

raebates said:
My policy is never to do combined shows. Period. The few times I've been asked about doing them I've told the potential host that this is my policy. It divides the loyalties of the host and the spending money of the guests.

What Rae said....

I always say " in my experience when you combine a show with another DS company it will also divide the $ of your friends. Most people come out to a show like this with a budget in mind. If there are 2 product lines to choose from this splits their budget and neither show will be a good one."
I stop here the if they have more questions I go further... "Let's think about why you decided to host a PC show? I know you want ... free, it will take sales of $500 to get that. With where your guest list and rsvp's are at we look on track for that. If we share with TW your sales would be around $250 and you would earn ... Free." "TW is a great Product line and if there are thing you are wanting at a good price I recommend you book a party with them about 4 weeks after your PC show. This will give your friends and family time to budget for what they want as well."If they say they don't care then I make it about me and my business.. " I understand how you feel. It seems better to get everyone there at once. I have made a decision for myself and my business that I do not combine DS shows. I do this business to make extra $ for my family and in my experience it is not beneficial for my business."

I agree TW is to close to our line, I did do a show 2 months ago with a Thirty One gal, and it was so awesome! She had about 20 people there and both of us did great :)

I've been thinking it would be great to partner with a Party for Gold show - then people are actually getting money (rather than buying something) so would be more inclined to buy what they want from PC rather than stick to a smaller budget.

I have done 2 combo parties that was for selling your gold. 1 show I really thought my sales would be really high. There were so many people who were walking away with $300-$800 :eek:. Even though they ordered, they definitely
didn't want to part with there cash. All and all, they were still both good parties. I wouldn't do a combo party with TW for all the reasons above. Not to mention, we know how guests complain about shipping. Now they have to pay shipping for 2 different orders. That could be $10 alone from there budget. I was thinking of doing a PC and wine combo party. I think that could be great.
If you were to do a combo party, I think it would have to be with a company that compliments PC products. Besides, I would bet the TW consultant really doesn't like the idea either, maybe she just won't speak up.

I wouldn't do a combo TW party--their product line is $$$$.I have successfully done combo parties with TS and I will continue to do them. There is a TS consultant in our PTO and we work well together. I think our product lines complement each other nicely.

DebbieJ said:
I wouldn't do a combo TW party--their product line is $$$$.I have successfully done combo parties with TS and I will continue to do them. There is a TS consultant in our PTO and we work well together. I think our product lines complement each other nicely.
You know, that could actually work in your favor! *LOL* The guests are dividing their $ and they see that an ice cream scoop with PC is $15, but it's double that with TW...guess which one they are buying! Alot of the 'similar' products with TW are that way- higher priced than ours.(I'd still not do a combo show though.)

Thank you everyone for you honesty. I will advise her that it may not work out in her favor as well and hope she decides not to do it!

The Only Product Line I would actually recommend to do with PC, is Watkins.
Both Compliment eachother nicely.
Plus, they don't directly step on eachother.

I'm doing an Open House "weekend" with a very good friend of mine that sells Scentsy. One day is at my house, and one is at hers, as we live about 45 mins to an hour apart. Reading this thread has me nervous!EDIT: also, it's the first weekend in November. Good time for holiday shopping, we hope!

I had a friend who was doing PartyLite. We did a combined much to my dismay as I had no idea he was planning that when I walked in to do my party and found he was all set up. There were about 15 people. We both did a whole $200 each in sales because people had to divide what they had to spend. Turns out that 5 people never even placed orders at all because they could not decide or they did not have the money to buy at all in the first place. That was an hour drive for me in each direction. So... be prepared for anything.

What is "Pampered Chef and Tupperware Together"?

"Pampered Chef and Tupperware Together" is a collaboration between Pampered Chef and Tupperware, two companies that specialize in kitchen and cooking products. This collaboration allows customers to purchase products from both brands in one place.

What products are available through "Pampered Chef and Tupperware Together"?

Customers can find a wide range of kitchen and cooking products from both Pampered Chef and Tupperware, including cookware, bakeware, kitchen tools, storage containers, and more. The selection may vary depending on the availability of products.

Can I use any discounts or promotions on "Pampered Chef and Tupperware Together" products?

Yes, you can use any applicable discounts or promotions on products from both Pampered Chef and Tupperware when purchasing through "Pampered Chef and Tupperware Together". However, please note that some exclusions may apply.

Do I need separate accounts for Pampered Chef and Tupperware to purchase through "Pampered Chef and Tupperware Together"?

No, you do not need separate accounts for Pampered Chef and Tupperware. You can use your existing account for either brand to make purchases through "Pampered Chef and Tupperware Together".

Is there a return policy for products purchased through "Pampered Chef and Tupperware Together"?

Yes, there is a return policy for products purchased through "Pampered Chef and Tupperware Together". The return policy may vary depending on the product and brand, so we recommend checking with customer service for specific details.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krzymomof4
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • dkitten13