• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Opinion Needed: Shaun T's Rockin' Body

In summary, this deal is available on Groupon right now: the DVD set is available for $20 with shipping, and it includes the Insanity workout by Shaun T. The program is made by the same company that has made P90X and Insanity, and DH is currently doing it with Shaun T. Some people have found the program to be too high-impact, but others have enjoyed it.
NooraK
Gold Member
This is a deal available on Groupon right now:

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-shaun-t-seven-workout-dvd-set?c=all&p=2

It is a BeachBody program, so the same company that has made Insanity and P90X. Does anyone have experiences with it?

DH is doing Insanity with Shaun T and he really likes it. I tried to do it but its too high impact for me but I did like Shaun T. If you buy this from Beachbody, you're going to pay 72.98 with shipping (not including tax). With this, its $20 plus $6 tax. Ya, I'd much rather pay the 26! I might have to consider this. I love Zumba so this might be right up my alley! Thanks for posting this. I think I might have to buy it later!

Currently I'm doing Turbo Fire and I really like it. Its a lot of kick boxing though so having something to dance to would be a nice addition!

I have it and love it! Fun to do on those days when I can't make the gym or for my second workout of the day.I got mine with a Groupon deal also.

Thank you!

I bought a Groupon for six months to the local gym for $25, and I've yet to use it because of schedule issues. I knew that would be a hurdle, but I was OK paying $25 even if I only end up using it once or twice before the end of the year.

This would be something I can do at home, or that DH could even take on the road with him.

There are two options, which would you suggest? I'm thinking of leaning toward the deluxe version because of the ab workout and the wrist weights.

Yes, I would do the one with the Hip Hop Abs -- it's a great workout!

This looks fun, and like you dont have to be a dance diva to follow along! I actually bought it myself. (it is one of those things I can do and not tell my DH so he can laugh and say "another dvd??"). Some of the others are hard for me to do for long because of back and hip issues....hopefully this and what I do on the treadmill can work! FINALLY.

Did you end up getting it??

I did...so far, I really like it. I got it Wednesday, and did the Mark, Move, and Groove the last two mornings. Even for 15 minutes, you are sweating! And it's rather easy to follow along- so far. Next week, I'll step it up and follow his outlined video schedule as best I can and see what happens.

But if you got it, I'd love to know what you thought, or we can keep each other honest for 4 weeks?

esavvymom said:
Did you end up getting it??

I did...so far, I really like it. I got it Wednesday, and did the Mark, Move, and Groove the last two mornings. Even for 15 minutes, you are sweating! And it's rather easy to follow along- so far. Next week, I'll step it up and follow his outlined video schedule as best I can and see what happens.

But if you got it, I'd love to know what you thought, or we can keep each other honest for 4 weeks?

I did receive it, but haven't used it yet. :grumpy:

I ended up getting the Deluxe set, and discovered that it's really an addition to the other set, and the calendar of workouts is written with the assumption that one has the original set. I've been contemplating getting the other set as well, since it's on sale for $19.95 through a BeachBody coach.

I'd love to have an accountability partner. Hubby has offered to help and be a coach for me, but it's different when it's not someone you're married to. :rolleyes: ;)

Is Groupon offering another deal on Shaun T right now? I know I saw his name, either Groupon or Living Social.

Becca_in_MD said:
Is Groupon offering another deal on Shaun T right now? I know I saw his name, either Groupon or Living Social.

I'm not sure, and of course Groupon isn't a site with a search feature.

You can, however, get the same program directly though Beachbody for $19.95 right now:

https://extranet.securefreedom.com/MillionDollarBody/csShopping/ShoppingCart_Detail.asp?PriceID=93182&Cat=

The above link is to a particular coach's website, I'm sure you can go to the main site if you'd prefer. You will be offered personal support by the coach if you purchase through Beachbody, they sell on a direct sales basis as well.

Becca_in_MD said:

I don't see one, but I'm new to this Groupon thing. :) I only saw it when Noora posted.

It's $20 with Groupon. It was on it under Washington DC as the city. It said there's a $6 shipping charge. If you want it, just change your city once you get to the Groupon page.

I got it too. I'm currently doing another workout program but wanted this as something different or to add to it. I ended up not doing anything last week due to a horriable stomach bug (couldn't eat anything for 4 days!) so I'm hoping to get back in the groove this week!

So I finally dragged myself out of bed early enough to get started on this. I did order the basic Rockin' Body, but it hasn't arrived yet, so I did one of the Workouts on the Deluxe DVD. I can't say I was able to keep up with the energy level of those on the stage, but I did the whole thing.

I'm going to have DH take a before picture of me tonight when he gets home, and maybe even some measurements. That way I'll be able to track my progress. I'm hoping to be able to get him to join me.

I ordered the Insanity workout last week. Also a BeachBody program :O Not sure if I'll be able to do this as I'm obese. I still haven't recive it, but hubby and my 12 year old son are very anxious. They want to do it with me.

Starting with "insanity" probably wouldn't be advised (I wouldn't do it..I'm 60lbs too big). But if you have another to start with, then maybe move up to Insanity later.

Insanity is well....insane!!!! My knees and back couldn't take it. I didn't even make it through week one! Shaun T does both of them. Got to say, he seems so tough and manly in Insanity. In Rockin Body, I just want to laugh at him. He seems very.....girly!

I love Rockin' Body... the workouts are really fun and you don't feel like you're really working out.

pctharper said:
Insanity is well....insane!!!! My knees and back couldn't take it. I didn't even make it through week one! Shaun T does both of them. Got to say, he seems so tough and manly in Insanity. In Rockin Body, I just want to laugh at him. He seems very.....girly!

I was shaking my head through half of the workout this morning :D Girly wasn't the exact word I was thinking of but, that describes it quite well. Maybe I can step up to Insanity once I get Rockin' Body under my belt.

Shaun T is VERY girly but I find him funny... makes me giggle. My co-worker said he loves to touch himself, and if you watch, you notice he does like to rub himself all over with his moves... lol.If you want another good starter workout, try Turbo Jam with Chalene Johnson. Turbo Fire is the more marketed one these days but Turbo Jam is more basic and do-able by all levels. Turbo Fire made me ache even though I was in shape. The movements are very intense.

PampChefJoy said:
Shaun T is VERY girly but I find him funny... makes me giggle. My co-worker said he loves to touch himself, and if you watch, you notice he does like to rub himself all over with his moves... lol.

If you want another good starter workout, try Turbo Jam with Chalene Johnson. Turbo Fire is the more marketed one these days but Turbo Jam is more basic and do-able by all levels. Turbo Fire made me ache even though I was in shape. The movements are very intense.

Good to know. I'll definitely look for suggestions once I master the one I have.

Is anyone on the BeachBody website? I don't have any buddies yet.

I am on BeachBody... my user name is GadgetGal.

I am thinking of trying Shakeology... anyone have any experience with that?

I think I found you on BB, Noora... look for a buddy invite from me.

PampChefJoy said:
I am on BeachBody... my user name is GadgetGal.

I am thinking of trying Shakeology... anyone have any experience with that?

I got a free sample of the chocolate a while ago, and could not stomach the particular chocolate flavor so early in the morning. I'm considering trying one of the other flavors, and I've also heard they've changed the chocolate formula, and there is a vegan version that many people like. I have a friend who has signed up to be a coach, and posted on her FB after about a month of Shakeology that she realized in the afternoon that she hadn't had her regular two cups of coffee that day, and didn't even feel like she needed them.

PampChefJoy said:
I think I found you on BB, Noora... look for a buddy invite from me.

Yep, you found me!

I personally like Herbalife. There are so many different things you can do with the flavors (we have a local place to get shakes). If you want more info on Herbalife, let me know.

I really do love Turbo Fire. I got Rockin Body to do in addition to it. I just don't find that it challanges me quite enough. And I just can't get over the difference in Shaun T from that to Insanity!

He DOES like to touch himself a lot!

1. What is "Opinion Needed: Shaun T's Rockin' Body"?

"Opinion Needed: Shaun T's Rockin' Body" is a workout program created by fitness trainer Shaun T. It consists of high-energy dance workouts and strength training exercises designed to help people lose weight and tone their bodies.

2. Is this program suitable for beginners?

Yes, "Opinion Needed: Shaun T's Rockin' Body" is suitable for people of all fitness levels. The workouts can be modified to fit your individual needs and abilities.

3. Do I need any special equipment for this program?

No, you do not need any special equipment for "Opinion Needed: Shaun T's Rockin' Body". However, it is recommended to have a set of dumbbells for the strength training exercises.

4. How long are the workouts in this program?

The workouts in "Opinion Needed: Shaun T's Rockin' Body" range from 25-45 minutes, depending on the specific routine. There are also shorter 15-minute workouts for those with limited time.

5. Can I do this program at home?

Yes, "Opinion Needed: Shaun T's Rockin' Body" is designed to be done at home. You do not need a gym membership or any special equipment, making it convenient for those who prefer to workout at home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Zombielicious
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • pchockeymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies