• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Okay, Time for Some Policy Interpretation.

Using Photos on the Web SiteYou may use any photos the Home Office has posted in the Personal Web Site gallery and a professional-looking portrait of yourself, such as the ones taken for free by Merrill Corporation at National Conference.
PampChefJoy
Gold Member
I designed this to be used as a Facebook profile pic... it maximizes the space allowed by FB for an avatar (200 px wide by 600 px long). After reading through the guidelines, I can't figure out if this is allowed or not allowed within them... basically because they probably didn't think someone was going to photoshop together an avatar with so much stuff... what do you think?
http://www.tastytidbits.net/images/augustFBavatar.jpg Would you find this useful?

Holy smokes batman! Im not good for policy interpretation but it looks fab! Kudos!

Wow. This whole thing as an avatar? this size? How cool is that? Like Melissa, I have no idea what's legal, but if this is I would definitely pay for something like this. It is wonderful.--I wonder if it could be customized to allow for our own image (a pic of the consultant) in the mix, so it wouldn't be the same from one consultant to the next?Marghi

Jinkies, I love 'em! I don't see myself using it as an avatar but I do think of it as a photo to share ... I take it they're individual ones.

This may be a stupid question...what is an avatar. The only avatar I know is the one my son watches on TV..lol

In the new training course, it said our photo should be on the profile photo...looking straight at the camera...no cartoons...no product features... Would this go somewhere else?

Hmm... no, I meant it for use as the profile photo. So why would they cover it in the training course and not put it in the policy manual? Is it a suggestion or is it a rule?

I think it was a suggestion...

PampChefJoy said:
Hmm... no, I meant it for use as the profile photo. So why would they cover it in the training course and not put it in the policy manual? Is it a suggestion or is it a rule?

i would have to say suggestion... becuase they make the point that most people like to do business with someone who can look them in the eye... its the whole psychological thing about not trusting people who cant look you in the eye.... by having a straight shot of your face, you are essentially "looking them in the eye"

PampChefJoy said:

It seems like it is a strong suggestion. It's covered in section 13, "What should I do first?" of the "Social Media and the Pampered Chef" training course if you'd like to check it out. It is, however, assuming that you are creating a personal profile and not a fan page. I can see how a logo, products, etc. would be inappropriate and offputting in that case. With a fan page, though, people "like" you because of PC and are visiting for that reason so it could be more appropriate.

Bottom line, I love it and I'd use it if it were possible to do some tweaks. Is it possible to make a version that cuts one of the pictures, perhaps the recruiting one and leaves a blank section for which you could provide simple directions to insert one's personal picture? That could be the best of both worlds. :D

My plans were to make one generic one for each month that featured the recruiting and guest special and upcoming host special for booking incentive. I could leave a blank space but if I fear that I would spend too much time helping people edit or put together the images and I don't have time to teach photoshop (and I'm not familiar enough with other image editing programs). If anyone wants to make their own, it's 200 px wide by 600 px long to fit perfectly in there. I am using the same photos available to everyone so anyone can put together one that fits their needs.Beyond that, I may offer some sort of custom design service for a charge for people that want it done for them, but I'm still thinking on that one.

The policy itself says:

Using Photos on the Web
You may use any photos the Home Office has posted in the Personal Web Site gallery and a professional-looking portrait of yourself, such as the ones taken for free by Merrill Corporation at National Conference.
Our recipes and their photos are considered The Pampered Chef’s intellectual property, along with any other photos we take, product descriptions, trademarks, logos, etc. If you choose to use those recipes and photos already posted on Consultant’s Corner or at www.pamperedchef.com to promote your business on your Personal Web Site and other social networking sites, you must clearly identify yourself as an Independent Consultant in your post and may not alter, misuse or misrepresent the content in any way.

When the training course talks about choosing a photo for your website, the part about a picture of you, making eye contact and all that is a recommendation. HO can regulate what you can do with their copyrighted pictures, but in the end it can't really tell you what picture you have to use on your FB page, as long as you're not violating their copyright. If you wanted to make your profile picture a photo of your front door, you could do that. It probably wouldn't be the ideal choice, but HO wouldn't be able to tell you to take it down.

So as long as the useage of the pictures is within the guidelines of the policy, then you can use it as your FB profile picture. The only part in the policy that I think might apply is the "alter" part. Technically, you haven't altered the individual pictures, but you have made one big picture out of several individual ones.

What is the purpose of "Okay, Time for Some Policy Interpretation."?

The purpose of "Okay, Time for Some Policy Interpretation." is to provide a clear and comprehensive understanding of the company's policies and guidelines for employees to follow.

Who is responsible for interpreting and enforcing policies at Pampered Chef?

The Human Resources department is responsible for interpreting and enforcing policies at Pampered Chef. They ensure that all employees are aware of the policies and adhere to them in their daily work.

What should I do if I have a question or concern about a particular policy?

If you have a question or concern about a specific policy, you should reach out to your manager or the Human Resources department for clarification. They will be able to provide you with the necessary information and address any concerns you may have.

Are there any consequences for not following company policies?

Yes, there may be consequences for not following company policies. This can range from a verbal warning to more severe disciplinary action, depending on the severity of the violation and the company's discretion.

Can policies at Pampered Chef change over time?

Yes, policies at Pampered Chef can change over time. As the company evolves and adapts to new challenges and opportunities, policies may be updated or revised. It is important for employees to stay informed and up-to-date on any changes to policies that may affect their work.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Back