• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Residents in the Home of Tkg & Tkl

In summary, the cats were named Pyewacket and Puck, and they are siblings. Pyewacket is the last one born, but the first one over the edge of the box. Puck was fearlessly exploring while Pye was happy to cuddle and purr. They need two more cats, and Dan is considering getting a cat for his allergist wife.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
On The Kat Lady's birthday, one of her friends dropped off these little furballs.

This is Pyewacket.

IM005785.jpg

Pyewacket? What else would you name a black cat that was born on Friday, the 13th? (You could look it up.)

Pyewacket's litter mate, Puck, also came to live with us:

IM005786.jpg

The Scottish Terrierists are intrigued - Techeadh wants to play but Scottie just wants to chase them. (It's pronounced, "Tay-chew" and it's Gaelic. It means "To scamper, flee, run away, escape...any of which is an appropriate term for him.)

We need two more cats. :rolleyes:

What cute cats

Pye is a snuggler. Puck is appropriately named, too. She was the last one born but the first one over the edge of the box. She has been fearlessly exploring while Pye is happy to cuddle and purr.

I have 5 of those furbabies, and those 2 are just so adorable! I love em!!! May they bring you as much joy as my 5 have.

I have 4. Our newest addition was a approx. 5 week old kitten my son brought home on my husband's birthday in August. She is adorable. She is an orange striped calico. My son named her "Little O" because she is orange. It's funny enough when we have to get medicine at the vet for Hot Rod Lockhart. Now we have Little O Lockhart. Sounds Irish! She joins Snowball (14years old), Hot Rod and Rosie (9 year old brother and sister). I forget what a kitten is like sometimes. My legs have the proof!

Ah-Choo! Sorry, I'm allergic!!The one with white looks like it's smiling for the camera!!

Stampaholic1961 said:
Ah-Choo! Sorry, I'm allergic!!

The one with white looks like it's smiling for the camera!!

LOL! I'm allergic too! AND I was going to say the same thing about the smile.

OK- why would you want to name the cat after a yacht commissioned by Roy Disney?:D(Gotta love Wikipedia...)
They're cute. But like many others here, I'm allergic. As Dan says, So many cats, so few recipes.

AWWW how cute!! :)

geesh KG I would have been happy to give you my 2 kitty's!!:D

kidding...but they do drive me batty!!

they have always been indoor cats (7 yrs) and all of a sudden they feel this need to go outside. Finally after a few weeks of fighting at the door w/ them I gave in and let them out, they won't leave the porch!:confused: :confused: they wander around for a bit and come back inside.

Your's are very cute though!

Congratulations! I LOVE Kittens! I have had a cat always since I was 4 years old and found my first stray (Trinket).

DS and I look at kittens to adopt everytime we go to the pet food store, but can't even think of getting one yet. We have our "old lady" Alley, who would freak out if we brought home a kitten for her!:eek: She is 16 and getting very crotchity in her old age.
One day though...........

gotta love kitties! They are cuties =)

How cute!
If you want more, my mom has 3 to give away:cool:

That's okay, Lacy, we also have Shadow (another sleek, all black cat, and I mean ALL black, even her whiskers) and 18 yo Bandit, who has had a stroke but still howls when there isn't enough food in his dish.Between the four cats and the two Scottish Terrierists, no wonder I like to go out on the road.

Ha, I love how you refer to your dogs!
We have 2 siamese twin kittens & they drive us crazy, running all over the house.

congrats on the new additions to your family KG

once we're settled back in our own home, we plan to start own family (cats, i'm talking cats)

:)

They're gorgeous KG!!!
Tonia, your kitties are beautiful, too!

We have a cat with two "teenage" kittens. They're all outside cats. We live out in critter country, so they have jobs to do.

Oh my gosh - how cute! I have 3 and would love to have more, but DH says "No!"

Thanks for sharing the pic!

Enjoy the new guys - cute and cute smile!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
On The Kat Lady's birthday, one of her friends dropped off these little furballs.

This is Pyewacket.

IM005785.jpg

Pyewacket? What else would you name a black cat that was born on Friday, the 13th? (You could look it up.)

Good name, KG! My youngest furball is Ichabod... got him on Halloween!

raebates said:
We have a cat with two "teenage" kittens. They're all outside cats. We live out in critter country, so they have jobs to do.

My hairdresser has 3 or 4 cats. They are are outdoor and indoor cats and we were petting Whiskers, her star mouser. She was telling me that with all of these experts in her house, she still had a mouse in her son's dresser which is embedded in the wall!!

I have Moose the wild man Maine coon!! He can be lovey and he sleeps at the foot of my bed every night, but my son says he is *****y!!! He can become cranky and he is such a fraidy cat!!

I love the pictures of the new additions and the other pictures of the kitties. I like dogs too, but as a pet owner, I will take my kitties any day. I worry less about him being alone all day than I would a dog.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KAT LADY!!! Is it the 11th or the 12th??? Aren't Libra cat lovin women the best?:rolleyes:

Actually, it was back on the oneth.It took this long to get a photo that was usable!

Too cute KG!

I have Jasmin who turned 3 in Aug. We adopted her back in March and love her! She came to us declawed and we thought she would stay inside. She however thought the summer was so beautiful that she would venture out. She now comes home with "presents" and she can definitly hold her own. My husband even saw her in a fight when coming home late and said we have nothing to worry about.

Attachments

• Emilia and Jasmin 2.jpg
    Emilia and Jasmin 2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 249
Last edited by a moderator:
Rebecca, either Emilia is teeny tiny or Jasmin is HUGE!!!!

Don't ya love the way kids hold onto cats... My kids have discovered that putting the cats in a headlock usually keeps them in place longer. And they wonder why the cats aren't really excited when the kids get too close!!!

Well, thank you! :blushing:

Oh. You meant the kittens.

Thanks - I'll pass that along to Puck & Pye. (Say those two names, out loud, together quickly!)

HA! I had to sait a few times before I got. I'm not necessarily smarter than the average dutch girl.

My friend also had a black cat she named Pyewacket. We have no idea when it was born because it just sort of wandered into her life. We soon understood why it was discarded by it's previous owner, however. This cat was clinically insane.

Like, seriously. Insane.

Pyewacket ran away one day and never came back. We can only assume someone else is dealing with her now :)

Pyewacky might have been a better name.Patrick McManus, who is a delightful outdoor humor writer, often writes about a stray dog that wandered into his life. Since he stuck around, Patrick named him, "Stranger." Within days, the name was shortened to, "Strange."Perhaps he was related to Pyewacky somehow.(I first met Strange in McManus' first collection of short storeis, A Fine & Pleasant Misery. (The title describes camping.)

It's a good thing that the names, Puck and Pyewacket, are not gender specific.The vet tells us that our kittens, marketed as girls, are actually boys.And no, as a matter of fact, I didn't look closely.

Beaker: I'm a girl bird!Yes, she actually says that. :) And yes, we know she is a girl bird because we had her tested. Many species of hookbills (a grouping that includes parrots, parakeets, ****atiels, ****atoos, etc.) cannot be sexed by sight. So unless you have one of the few that can, or your bird starts laying eggs, you have to have a surgical or DNA test done.

"****atoo" reminds me of a great old joke about a guy with a tatoo on his ****. But I can't tell it here because the **** markers will ruin it.

Related to New Residents in the Home of Tkg & Tkl

1. What is the significance behind the name Pyewacket for the black cat?

Pyewacket is the name of the black cat that was born on Friday the 13th and it is a reference to a witch's familiar in the 1958 film "Bell, Book and Candle".

2. Is there another cat that came to live with Pyewacket?

Yes, Pyewacket's litter mate, Puck, also came to live with us. Puck's name is a Gaelic word meaning "to scamper, flee, run away, escape", which is a fitting name for a playful kitten.

3. How do the resident Scottish Terriers react to Pyewacket and Puck?

The Scottish Terriers, named Techeadh and Scottie, have different reactions to the new furballs. Techeadh wants to play with them, while Scottie wants to chase them.

4. What does "Techeadh" mean and why was it chosen as the Scottie's name?

"Techeadh" is a Gaelic word meaning "to scamper, flee, run away, escape", which reflects the energetic and playful nature of the Scottie. It was chosen as his name because it is a unique and fitting name for him.

5. How many more cats do you need?

We need two more cats to complete our furry family.

Back