• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the best creamy white sauce for seafood enchiladas?

In summary, the person is planning to serve seafood enchiladas for a luncheon and is looking for a creamy white sauce to go with it. They are considering using half and half or heavy cream, butter, cheese, and green onion for the sauce, but are concerned about the sour cream curdling in high temperatures. Suggestions given are to make a roux with flour and butter, slowly adding in the cream, or using a combination of cream cheese and cream to thicken and stabilize the sauce. Spices such as cumin or chili powder can also be added for a Mexican touch.
Laura420
Hey guys... I have a luncheon planned and for the main course I want to serve "Seafood Enchiladas".

I am going to stuff the enchiladas with small bay scallops, shrimp and some crab meat. I have the filling figured out, spices and all, but I am having an issue with the sauce.

I want to do a creamy white sauce, not thin but not "alfreado" either. I thought I could start with either half and half or heavy cream, some butter and incorporate some cheese, such as jack or a white cheddar, and some green onion for color...

I have searched online and most "sauces" contain sour cream... however, I am worried about that since sour cream tends to curdle at high temps. I am going to bake the enchiladas off for about 20 minutes or so, so I need the sauce to hold and not break in the oven...

anyone have a suggestion?

I've used a dill mixture with sour cream and mayo on fish that I broil and it is fine.
If you keep the temps to 350 I would think you would be fine. That would be the
temp. for macaroni and cheese. Let us know what you try and how it works. Your
ingredients sound wonderful.

One option could be to make a roux with flour and butter, then slowly add in the half and half or heavy cream to create a creamy base. You can then add in the cheese and green onions, and adjust the consistency by adding more cream if needed. This will help prevent the sauce from curdling in the oven. Another option could be to use a combination of cream cheese and heavy cream or half and half, as the cream cheese will help thicken and stabilize the sauce. You can also add in some spices like cumin or chili powder for a Mexican flair.

1. How do I come up with new ideas for recipes?

One great way to brainstorm new recipe ideas is to think about your favorite meals and try to put a unique twist on them. You can also browse through cookbooks, magazines, and websites for inspiration. Don't be afraid to experiment and try new flavor combinations!

2. What tools or resources can help with brainstorming for new kitchen gadgets?

Some helpful resources for brainstorming new kitchen gadgets include talking to friends and family about what they would find useful in the kitchen, researching current trends and popular products, and experimenting with different kitchen tools to see what improvements can be made.

3. How can I involve my family in the brainstorming process?

One way to involve your family in the brainstorming process is to have a "kitchen challenge" where each family member comes up with a unique dish using a specific ingredient or kitchen tool. You can also ask for their input and suggestions for new recipes or kitchen gadgets.

4. What do I do if I am stuck in a creative rut?

If you are feeling stuck in a creative rut, take a break and do something unrelated to cooking or kitchen gadgets. Sometimes stepping away from the task at hand can help clear your mind and spark new ideas. You can also try brainstorming with a group or seeking inspiration from different cuisines or cultures.

5. How can I keep track of all my brainstorming ideas?

There are many ways to keep track of your brainstorming ideas. Some popular methods include writing them down in a notebook or journal, creating a vision board or mood board, or using a digital platform like Pinterest to save and organize your ideas. Find a method that works best for you and stick with it!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
caroladams
Replies
Views
byrd1956