• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a reliable way to transport your dishes for potlucks and parties?

In summary, I liked that the Chilzanne rectangle server fit in the rectangle wicker basket. I took deviled eggs to a church supper last night and I am happy to say that The COOL & SERVE fits nicely in the Insulated Tote. Of course that tote is a "retired" piece I use ALL the time but don't think I ever took to a show! I sold a few to people at church but I guess we didn't sell enough of them.
mspibb
Gold Member
I liked that the Chilzanne rectangle server fit in the rectangle wicker basket. I took deviled eggs to a church supper last night and I am happy to say that The COOL & SERVE fits nicely in the Insulated Tote. Of course that tote is a "retired" piece I use ALL the time but don't think I ever took to a show! I sold a few to people at church but I guess we didn't sell enough of them.

mspibb said:
I liked that the Chilzanne rectangle server fit in the rectangle wicker basket. I took deviled eggs to a church supper last night and I am happy to say that The COOL & SERVE fits nicely in the Insulated Tote. Of course that tote is a "retired" piece I use ALL the time but don't think I ever took to a show! I sold a few to people at church but I guess we didn't sell enough of them.

Thanks! That's one tote I hadn't tried yet. It seems so fragile I'm half afraid to carry it anywhere without some protection.

Pampered Jean said:
Thanks! That's one tote I hadn't tried yet. It seems so fragile I'm half afraid to carry it anywhere without some protection.

How does it seem fragile? I mean, yeah I understand that if I drop it, it will break since it is plastic. But overall, it doesn't seem fragile. When I go places with it, I don't need a tote to protect it. I just put it in the back seat or the floor of the car and go. And when I'm carrying it, I just carry it. I'm not doing the limbo or anything while carrying it, so chances are slim that I'll drop it.

Rereading, I realize my post sounds kind of smarmy, but I don't think you need to be afraid to carry it anywhere. Now the Dots Stemware...that's a different story.

On another note on the cool and serve.....
I am making deviled eggs for a picnic tomorrow afternoon, and realized that I am going to have to put them in something else and then transfer them to the C&S just before leaving, since I need for the inserts to stay in the freezer. Any other suggestions? I am a tad irritated with this.

lesliec said:
On another note on the cool and serve.....
I am making deviled eggs for a picnic tomorrow afternoon, and realized that I am going to have to put them in something else and then transfer them to the C&S just before leaving, since I need for the inserts to stay in the freezer. Any other suggestions? I am a tad irritated with this.

That is annoying. :) If you have the fridge space, just lay them out on plates. If you don't have the fridge space, any way you can store the filling separately, and assemble the eggs in the C&S just before you leave?

My mom made the deviled eggs for me (I don't eat 'em so I don't make 'em! LOL!!) she had them in a Tupperware egg holder in the fridge and I transferred them before I left for church.

leftymac said:
That is annoying. :) If you have the fridge space, just lay them out on plates. If you don't have the fridge space, any way you can store the filling separately, and assemble the eggs in the C&S just before you leave?

Good idea. If you are using the EAD to fill it doesn't take long!

I transport my C&S to shows in the large padded envelope from the supply order.

Fragile? FRAGILE? Jeez.

dannyzmom said:

I carry it to and from shows in the envelope too. That helps to keep it from getting scratched up while shoved in the bag-of-one-million-other-products-that-I-always-think-I-can-carry-but-then-always-end-up-struggling.

But if I'm taking it to a potluck or something, I don't think it needs anything.

I certainly don't think of it as fragile. (Then again, I didn't think Keith's post as smarmy. ;)) Still, I can see how carrying that along with a bunch of other stuff the way most of us moms arrive at gatherings could make you nervous. I love the idea of using the insulated tote. Much of the time I'm traveling quite a distance, so that would work for carrying and for keeping it cooler longer.

dannyzmom said:

that's what I do too

I use pillow cases-

I place my C&S in one - protects it from scratches traveling to/fro shows

I use a pillow case for my S/S bowls- other wise they get scratched up by rubbing against stoneware etc..

I have the lg padded pouch and transport my cookware again wrapped in a pillow case, because one time my handle got a cut in it..

( I do tons of shows- so my stuff really goes lots of places)

I had a show 2 hours from my house on a 98 degree day. I needed the C&S inserts frozen so I carried them in an insulated lunch bag (PC) and the C&S in my tote. We started late (urrggg). The host had made the deviled eggs ahead and had the filling in a bowl. I used the EAD to fill the whites and put them in the C&S. They were very impressed! By the time everyone ate and visited and ordered it was a full 6 hours from the time I took the inserts from the freezer and they were still very cold! Now if we had been outside the whole time they probably would have lost their cold but it was very impressive anyway.

pamperedlinda said:
that's what I do too

Cool...I forgot to check if it fit in there!!! Thanks!

leftymac said:
I carry it to and from shows in the envelope too. That helps to keep it from getting scratched up while shoved in the bag-of-one-million-other-products-that-I-always-think-I-can-carry-but-then-always-end-up-struggling.

But if I'm taking it to a potluck or something, I don't think it needs anything.

I've learned to pack everything I need in two of the reusable shopping bags. If it doesn't all fit in there and the TTA Tote, then I'm doing the wrong recipe(s).

pampchefsarah said:
I've learned to pack everything I need in two of the reusable shopping bags. If it doesn't all fit in there and the TTA Tote, then I'm doing the wrong recipe(s).

Wow! I idolize you! Wish I could get the packing down but I still end up with the TTA bag, Consultant bag weighing 100lbs, Carry All Tote with paperwork/laptop etc heavy as heck, DCB in a bag, C&ST in another bag, Salad Spinner stuffed somewhere or in a separate bag... Grrrr. I'm like a bag lady.

GO YOU! :balloon::balloon::balloon:

Ok, Sarah what recipes are you making and what tools are you taking? Two reusable shopping bags...WOW.. I thought I was good with one (very heavy) crate/tta and shopping bag for paperwork and cookbooks.... please do tell

I've NEVER liked the Consultant Tote. I should add, if I'm using the DCB, I bring that in the padded envelope. That way I'm carrying things on my shoulders (reusable shopping bag, computer bag, TTA), maybe one reusable bag in my hands and the DCB in my hands. Everything to the door in one trip.

I don't do just one recipe every show - I give the Host a couple of options for themes, then choose the recipe with the right amount of tools. I did a Slap Yo Mama Margarita show, and added a flip cake in the Fluted Stone (in this case, no DCB, but I carried the Martini Glasses in their box in my hands - looking forward to the new Glassware Tote!!). My show next weekend is Chocolate Decadence, so we'll be making Janet's Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Trifle (the Trifle Bowl fits in the TTA, and any tools such as Knives, Mix & Scrape, etc, will go in around it). If the host has over 10 guests in attendance, we'll also make a torte, and the torte pans, CBB, Cake Pedestal (taken apart), etc, will easily fit into the bags. If I'm bringing rubs &/or Sprinkles, they go in the CBB.

It's really a matter of HOW you pack, and only bringing what you need for the recipe. At most, I'll bring a couple of other products to show off - but, only if I have room in the bags. My Margarita show was the ONLY one in 3 years where more than one person bought what was demo'd (everyone wanted the QSP and the Lemon Sprinkles, haha). Most people choose what to buy by looking through the catalog and hearing what others recommend, so why bother bringing all my inventory, and breaking my back, if it's not even helping me get sales?

I agree with Sarah on this one. Occasionally, people are like "you should bring more items!" but I just say "whatever" to myself and move on. You can't bring everything. I fill up my consultant tote and that's it.The only extras I bring to show are the C&S tray and the Trifle Bowl.

Thank you, Sarah & Keith. I pack up my crate saying I'm going to cut back and then second quess myself and start adding more. That will now be changed. One trip and one trip only to the door.

I have gotten down to the two reusable bags for the last two shows. I have a backpack for my laptop and my paperwork too, and have been carrying the C&S too for June shows. Haven't sold any of those yet, not even to hostesses. No one seems to be too impressed, so I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks so much for this thread. I am a little concerned about schlepping stuff because I have bad shoulders, and I don't mind making more than one trip, but wow, PC makes a lot of stuff. Sarah, your philosophy makes so much sense. When I think back on PC parties I have been to, most people buy stuff exactly as you describe, the catalog, asking friends, asking the consultant questions. This thread will really help me!and honestly, I have searched and searched, using the search tool and the acronym thread, even google, but what is the CBB?
tia
marghi

BlueMoon said:
Thanks so much for this thread. I am a little concerned about schlepping stuff because I have bad shoulders, and I don't mind making more than one trip, but wow, PC makes a lot of stuff. Sarah, your philosophy makes so much sense. When I think back on PC parties I have been to, most people buy stuff exactly as you describe, the catalog, asking friends, asking the consultant questions. This thread will really help me!

and honestly, I have searched and searched, using the search tool and the acronym thread, even google, but what is the CBB?
tia
marghi

I'm guessing CBB is the Classic Batter Bowl? Just a guess, though! :)

For shows, I bought a $29 rolling craft crate from Costco. It has pockets on the side (file pockets) for all paperwork, a pocket on the front for recipe cards, pens, cookbooks, etc., and the rest of my stuff fits inside (including the laptop). The only other thing I carry is the TTA tote.

pampchefsarah said:

WoW!! You are SO good!!

Related to Need a reliable way to transport your dishes for potlucks and parties?

1. How does the "Carrying the Cool & Serve" work?

The "Carrying the Cool & Serve" is a collapsible, insulated tote designed to keep your food and drinks cold for up to 6 hours. It features a zippered top and adjustable shoulder strap for easy transportation.

2. What is the capacity of the "Carrying the Cool & Serve"?

The "Carrying the Cool & Serve" has a capacity of 12 quarts, making it perfect for storing and transporting enough food and drinks for a small gathering or picnic.

3. Is the "Carrying the Cool & Serve" leak-proof?

Yes, the "Carrying the Cool & Serve" is leak-proof, thanks to its water-resistant lining. This makes it perfect for transporting cold dishes, beverages, and even ice without any mess.

4. How do I clean and maintain the "Carrying the Cool & Serve"?

To clean the "Carrying the Cool & Serve", simply wipe it down with a damp cloth and mild soap. Make sure to let it air dry completely before storing it. For best results, avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners.

5. Can the "Carrying the Cool & Serve" be used for hot food as well?

No, the "Carrying the Cool & Serve" is not designed for hot food. It is only meant for keeping cold food and drinks at a safe, chilled temperature.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Fluffy215
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
baychef
  • pc_am1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • naekelsey