• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating a Hiatus from Pampered Chef: How to Keep Your Business Active

Explain that due to your health you will not be able to participate, but you are still excited to see them succeed.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I have a dilemma. I need to step back from PC for a few months due to my health and my DH's upcoming surgery. I am putting my Feb newsletter together and thought I should mention it, but I don't know exactly what to say. I am going to still be available for catalog shows and orders, but kitchen shows are going to be a real stretch at least until April. Finding a sitter for the kids is hard enough without finding a sitter for DH. I can't seem to come up with good enough wording to let them know without sounding like I am quitting or not going to be available if they have PC needs. I will need them to stay active until I get back into the swing of things.
Any ideas on what to say?

Just be straight with them and explain that due to medical reasons you won't be able to do cooking shows until X but you are still leaving them with the opportunity to take advantage of the wonderful host specials through catalog/online shows. Maybe even offer the extra $15 FPV

People always want to help. You could try wording it so that is comes across that you want to be able to stay active in order to be available to your customers and in order to do that, you will need to be modifiying your business to incorporate catalog shows rather than cooking shows. Let them know they can still get the same great benefits, that you will help coach them as to how to make catalog shows a huge success. Since they may miss out on tasting the new recipes you may want to include a new recipe card for everyone that orders, or a seasons best for the host of a catalog show. Just a few ideas!

Maybe have a contest for the highest catalog show. Do you have some samples that you could offer as a prize?

I would just say "Due to... I wanted to let you know I have to take a break from cooking shows right now but I will still be available for catalog shows and individual orders. Please feel free to call or email me if you need anything, I'll be here for you!"

Then when things pick you, just let them know what your world is back in order and you are available to provide full services for them.

Love what wadesgirl put, but also add "or, you could do your own cooking show to start off your own business!"

cmdtrgd said:
Love what wadesgirl put, but also add "or, you could do your own cooking show to start off your own business!"

Sure, just say it better than I did. Good point though! If someone really wants to do a kitchen show, encourage them to try it out for themselves.

Related to Navigating a Hiatus from Pampered Chef: How to Keep Your Business Active

1. How long can I take a hiatus from my Pampered Chef business?

There is no set time limit for taking a hiatus from your Pampered Chef business. However, it is recommended to communicate with your direct upline and notify them of your plans to ensure a smooth transition.

2. Can I still earn commission while on hiatus?

No, you will not earn commission during your hiatus period. However, you can continue to earn commission by placing personal orders or hosting virtual parties.

3. What will happen to my team during my hiatus?

Your team will continue to operate as usual during your hiatus. Your upline will provide support and leadership to your team in your absence. It's important to communicate with your team and let them know of your plans.

4. Will my website and personal page still be active during my hiatus?

Your website and personal page will still be active during your hiatus. However, you will not be able to make changes or updates to them. It's recommended to inform your customers and followers of your hiatus and any changes in your availability.

5. How can I keep my business active during my hiatus?

There are several ways to keep your business active during your hiatus, such as participating in virtual parties, hosting online cooking classes, and continuing to promote your business on social media. You can also stay in touch with your customers and team through email or messaging platforms.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcsmilez
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
kam