• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Husband's Professional Stunt Driving...

In summary, Stephanie's husband is a professional driver who does demonstrations for the workers at the Blazer factory back east. He is sponsored in a drifting competition and did amazing with a stock car. His mother was proud of him and said he was being safe. He also teaches collision avoidance to police and fire department instructors.
Stephaniecafe
Hey, just wanted to post this YouTube somebody got video of my husband doing one of his driving demo's for a motivation to the workers at the Blazer factory back east-- technically not supposed to get video out of the GM desert proving ground down here, but my husband is the one in the Blazer! He does stuff like this all the time, but I wanted to share! It's called Chevy Trailblazer SS and corvette ballet... Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5dJXGz3Erg

That's really cool!! My boyfriend is into "drifting" too. Those gear head!!

My husband has actully been sponsored in a drifting competition;) and done amazing! He had a Japanese professional driver come over to his car and the other driver got mad because my husband hadn't done anything special to trick out his car to do stunts.:mad: It was all stock... right off the factory floor! The Japanese guy couldn't figure out how my husband could do it! I was so proud of him!! It all comes from sitting in the back of the car and pretending to drive backwards all those years as a kid!:rolleyes: And his mom said he wasn't being safe...

I just have one question....are the tires okay? They looked like they might be in a lot of pain. :) LOL

That was pretty cool, i even had to call my husband in here for that!

THAT would be my DH's dream job!

390_crazy_driver.gif
Looks like just another day of Jean and Marla trying to get into the number 1 parking place at HO.
390_crazy_driver.gif
(Actually, what a cool job!)

^^ ROTFL! KG, you are tooooo funny! The mental picture of this being Doris and Marla is hilarious!!!!:D :D

Stephanie this is cool!:thumbup: :cool: I am going to have to call my son down and have him watch it and when DH comes back home, he'll have to watch it too! My son is so into drifting... it's crazy! I told him that he is crazy if he thinks I'm letting him drive at 16, if he doesn't loose his major obsessed love for drifting and he better do it quick like too!!:rolleyes: You can just imagine how much he loved the last Fast and the Furious!!

Thanks for sharing!!;)

I'd love to take up drifting, too, but I'm too cheap to keep buying new tires.

Part of the sponsorship was just to pay for the tires! It is brutal! But yea, it is crazy he gets paid to do this stuff!

MissChef said:
^^ ROTFL! KG, you are tooooo funny! The mental picture of this being Doris and Marla is hilarious!!!!:D :D

Stephanie this is cool!:thumbup: :cool: I am going to have to call my son down and have him watch it and when DH comes back home, he'll have to watch it too! My son is so into drifting... it's crazy! I told him that he is crazy if he thinks I'm letting him drive at 16, if he doesn't loose his major obsessed love for drifting and he better do it quick like too!!:rolleyes: You can just imagine how much he loved the last Fast and the Furious!!

Thanks for sharing!!;)
If you ever make it to Arizona, my husband will have to take him for a spin in a corvette at work. The whole place is enclosed and high security but he gets to take groups out there for driver training and take them on rides. I have many a nephew who worship DH. One of the things he does is teach collision avoidence and get people certificates for going through professional training. It would save you on insurance! He has great references. He actually teaches the instructors at police academies and fire departments all over the country-- I am most proud of his commendation from the SS here in Phoenix for his excepitonal service. So, your DS would be in good hands. Just a thought.

Related to My Husband's Professional Stunt Driving...

1. Can anyone become a professional stunt driver?

No, becoming a professional stunt driver requires extensive training, skill, and experience. It also involves physical and mental challenges that not everyone may be able to handle.

2. How do you become a professional stunt driver?

To become a professional stunt driver, one must first have a strong foundation in traditional driving techniques. They then need to attend specialized training programs that teach the necessary skills and safety techniques for stunt driving. Many professionals also start by working as a stunt double or stunt performer before becoming a full-time stunt driver.

3. What kind of vehicles do professional stunt drivers use?

Professional stunt drivers use a variety of vehicles depending on the type of stunts they are performing. These can include cars, motorcycles, trucks, and even specialized vehicles built specifically for stunts.

4. Is stunt driving dangerous?

Yes, stunt driving can be very dangerous. Professional stunt drivers undergo rigorous training and follow strict safety protocols to minimize the risks involved. However, there is always a level of danger when performing stunts, and accidents can still happen.

5. How do you ensure the safety of the stunt driver and others on set?

Safety is the top priority for professional stunt drivers and their teams. They undergo extensive training and follow strict safety protocols. Before any stunt is performed, a thorough risk assessment is conducted, and all necessary safety measures are put in place. This includes using specialized equipment and having trained professionals on set to handle any emergencies.

Back