• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Mushrooms Recalled Due to Possible Listeria Contamination

In summary, the recall includes all varieties of fresh mushrooms sold under the brand names of Whole Foods, Fresh Thyme, and Giorgio with a "best if used by" date of October 16, 2021 or earlier. The contamination was discovered during routine testing by the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development and is believed to have originated from one of Giorgio's suppliers. The potential health risks associated with consuming these mushrooms include serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, elderly people, and those with weakened immune systems. There have been no reported illnesses related to this recall, but it is important to check your fridge and discard any affected products as a precautionary measure. If you have purchased any of the recalled mushrooms, do
erinb
Gold Member
A southeastern Pennsylvania mushroom farm is recalling packages of enoki mushrooms because they may be contaminated with a bacteria that can cause a potentially fatal illness.

Phillips Mushroom Farm of Kennett Square, Pa., said in a statement Sunday the enoki mushrooms have been distributed in the United States and Canada through retail and food service channels. They were packaged under various brand names and sold between Jan. 13 and 30.

The company says the mushrooms were packed in clear plastic bags with blue, green or red graphics panels, plastic tills wrapped with ilm or one pound bags for food service.

Phillips officials say the mushrooms may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, which can cause listeriosis, an uncommon but potentially fatal disease that is most dangerous to people with weakened immune systems, such as infants, the elderly and people with HIV.

The recall covers 3.5-ounce, 4-ounce and 1-pound packages of the mushrooms.

http://www.phillipsmushroomfarms.com/EnokiRecall09.pdf

Here we go again.

O.k., I'm about to start my own garden inside, since it's too cold to start one outside right now!! Apparently you can't trust anything now! I don't even trust organic! I personally think organic is just a label slapped on the same products just to up the price, but that's for another thread!

1. What specific products are being recalled?

The recall includes all varieties of fresh mushrooms sold under the brand names of Whole Foods, Fresh Thyme, and Giorgio. The affected products have a "best if used by" date of October 16, 2021 or earlier.

2. How did the contamination occur?

The potential contamination was discovered during routine testing by the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development. It is believed to have originated from one of Giorgio's suppliers.

3. What are the potential health risks associated with consuming these mushrooms?

Listeria monocytogenes is a type of bacteria that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, elderly people, and those with weakened immune systems. In healthy individuals, it can cause short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain, and diarrhea.

4. Have there been any reported cases of illness related to this recall?

There have been no reported illnesses associated with the recalled mushrooms at this time. However, it is important to check your fridge and discard any affected products as a precautionary measure.

5. What should I do if I have purchased any of the affected products?

If you have purchased any of the recalled mushrooms, do not consume them. You can return them to the store where you purchased them for a full refund, or dispose of them in a sealed plastic bag in the trash. If you have already consumed them and are experiencing any symptoms, seek medical attention immediately.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Back