• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Moving to Northern Michigan with a 3-year-old: Wish me luck?

In summary, Brenda is moving to Michigan with her three-year-old son. She is excited to be joining a cluster of women and is looking forward to using the word "cluster" without the F-word. She recommends packing lots of new toys and snacks for the trip, and warns that taking a three-year-old on an airplane can be a long day.
Braedensmom
Wish me good luck as I pack up my entire life and move to Northern Michigan. :eek: (I'm just stressed about taking a 3 yr old through 2 different airports- whoever said terrible two's DID NOT MEET MY 3YR OLD!!)

I've already got my PC contact and will be going to Marna's (sp?) cluster meetings!!! I heard she is GREAT!!

I have to say I am so glad I stumbled on this site. It is like a virtual cluster meeting. And I am so glad that I finally can use the word "cluster" without the F' word after it! :D

Thanks for everything ladies and gentlemen!!!

Brenda, good luck with your move...I agree with you on the terrible 2's, my son got worse before he got better...he is almost four and starting to be more fun and no so terrible!

Good luck to you! Have a safe move and enjoy the experiences on the way! We look forward to you joining us again when you get there!

So come is it you'se gonna be a Yooper der, hey?I never get any of the memos.

I always thought the 3s were worse than the 2s...fill a backpack for your little one with lots of things to do + snacks! Portable DVD players are also a lifeline while traveling!

Braedensmom said:
Wish me good luck as I pack up my entire life and move to Northern Michigan. :eek: (I'm just stressed about taking a 3 yr old through 2 different airports- whoever said terrible two's DID NOT MEET MY 3YR OLD!!)

I did the "take the kids on an airplane" thing last summer - my 3 kids were 6, 2-1/2 and 9 weeks:eek: . We were flying from Cincinnati to Missoula, MT (and back again 2 weeks later), with stops in Chicago (2 hr layove) and Denver (2.5 hour layover). Needless to day, the travel days were LOOOOOOOOOONG days for everyone. But, we all survived and the kids did suprisingly well!:D

My advice... LOTS OF NEW TOYS AND SNACKS!!! If you can, pack a seperate "goodie" bag for each leg of the trip. I did this and even did bags for the layovers, since they were just about as long as the flights.

I filled the bags for my kids with things from the dollar store, crayons, coloring/activity books, matchbox cars, some of their favorite snacks and a couple juice boxes. Being the very industrious person I am (HA!), I even wrapped each item in tissue paper to help take up more time on the plane (actually, I enlisted my MIL to do this for me and she included cute notes for the kids to read as well).

By the time the kids opened everything in the bag (oh, take an extra plastic grocery bag for all of the wrappings), ate the snacks and had their juice, the flight/layover was just about done. And to keep them in their seat on the plane, they were told they couldn't play with anything unless they were sitting down with seatbelts fastened! It made me a bit crazy getting all of this ready, but it worked so well, it was worth it (even my oldest who has ADHD, had a good time!)

Good luck... let us know how everyone fares!

Oh yeah, 3 is DEFINITELY worse than 2!!!

And how awesome that Marna will be your hospitality director! She is WONDERFUL!! (Met her a few times at meetings and conferences)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
So come is it you'se gonna be a Yooper der, hey?

I never get any of the memos.

Not if Marna is going to be her Hospitality Director.

Where are you moving to?

Good luck with the move! See you when you settle in~

Whoohooo... so will I see you at Marna's meeting on Monday?! Marna rocks, and she does fantastic meetings! Cannot wait to meet you!

She is in the Saginaw area, which is mid state... how far north are you moving? I am about an hour and a half north of Marnas place.

I am moving to Gaylord!! I probably wont be going to cluster meetings until June. I'm about an hour away from being a "Yooper", but I still got the accent, ay!

I was so excited when I met a girl from Michigan and she loved watching "Strange Brew" too, I think its only Michiganders and of course Canadians that get that movie! :)

My parrot whistles the "Strange Brew" tune.

Braedensmom said:
I am moving to Gaylord!! I probably wont be going to cluster meetings until June. I'm about an hour away from being a "Yooper", but I still got the accent, ay!

I was so excited when I met a girl from Michigan and she loved watching "Strange Brew" too, I think its only Michiganders and of course Canadians that get that movie! :)

Marna has a director on her team that lives in Gaylord. Not sure that Dianne does her own meetings, but I do know she too makes the drive to Saginaw, so maybe you all can carpool!

1. What is "I'll Be Gone for Awhile"?

"I'll Be Gone for Awhile" is a versatile and convenient meal preparation tool offered by Pampered Chef. It is a portable cooler that keeps food fresh and at a safe temperature for up to 6 hours, making it perfect for picnics, road trips, and other on-the-go occasions.

2. How does "I'll Be Gone for Awhile" keep food fresh?

The cooler is designed with a thermal lining and insulation that helps maintain the temperature of the food inside. It also has a zippered closure and a velcro handle, which creates a tight seal to keep air and heat out.

3. What types of food can I store in "I'll Be Gone for Awhile"?

"I'll Be Gone for Awhile" is suitable for storing a variety of foods, including sandwiches, fruits, vegetables, salads, dips, and more. It can also be used to keep beverages cold.

4. Is "I'll Be Gone for Awhile" easy to clean?

Yes, the cooler is designed with a wipeable and water-resistant interior, making it easy to clean with a damp cloth. It is also machine washable for more thorough cleaning.

5. Can I customize "I'll Be Gone for Awhile" with my own design or logo?

Unfortunately, "I'll Be Gone for Awhile" cannot be customized with individual designs or logos. It is only available in the original Pampered Chef design.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCSarahjm
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
chefann
Back