• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

McCain's Speech: Reflections & Questions

In summary, McCain's speech focused on change, retraining, and responsibility. He differentiated himself from President Bush and outlined his plans for the country.
susanr613
Gold Member
I can't believe I'm the first (well maybe not) to post on McCain's speech.

Liked:
- He went beyond bipartisan - he wants everyone to hang out with him
- Trashed Bush, citing Lincoln, Roosevelt, and Reagan
- Trashed previous admins inclusively
- Leveraged the war experience in a very classy way
- Handled the hecklers really well and with humor

Intrigued by:
- Job retraining program: if he wants gvt to butt out, how are all these people going to be retrained? Hmmm

Still not happy that he is a Republican with core Republican stances on energy, choice, and assistance. Boo hoo!

Now it's time to buckle down and look at platforms.

Susan, I agree with what you liked about the speech...

I know you are not happy that he is a "Republican",(some conservatives would even argue that HE is a Rebublican....) but seriously just vote on your values and beliefs and who you would feel more safe with and I'm sure you will make the right decision...and I'm saying that no matter WHO you decide to choose.

McCain has been trying to separate himself from President Bush. I don't like it because I like President Bush, but I don't think he feels he has to worry about President Bush supporters. He wants the middle people. It's irritating to me, but he will get my vote anyway because I could never vote for the other party.

I always vote for the candiate, not the party. And there is no way I want someone with 142 days or what ever it is in the White House in as President.

I'm intrigued at how the Republicans have successfully hijacked the "Change" message and made it their own.Obama is not happy about it, either. His sound bites the last couple of days seem to indicate that his temper is about to get the best of him.

JAE said:
McCain has been trying to separate himself from President Bush. I don't like it because I like President Bush, but I don't think he feels he has to worry about President Bush supporters. He wants the middle people. It's irritating to me, but he will get my vote anyway because I could never vote for the other party.

Again, I completely agree with your opinion and I do like Bush too, I feel the same way in my voting for him. I didn't want McCain to win the first go-around, when he was running against all the other republicans, like Huckabee, Guliani and all the others. I was not very excited when I heard that he made it, but I will support him because when it comes to who has our best interests at heart, he does and he does not scare me like Obama, and I am even more on board now that I've heard more and more about Palin and her speech the other night, I feel better electing McCain with her there, because I feel that if he messes up, SHE WILL HOLD HIM ACCOUNTABLE! For us! And that's what I want..... someone for us and not themselves and I think she will enforce that and not let him waiver. Okay, that's JMHO.,...

Last edited:
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I'm intrigued at how the Republicans have successfully hijacked the "Change" message and made it their own.

Obama is not happy about it, either. His sound bites the last couple of days seem to indicate that his temper is about to get the best of him.

Oh Yeah! He's pissed and he's about to blow, good, I hope so, because then we'll see some true colors!

I also liked in his speech at the end where he said he would do whatever he could to earn our trust and that he would not let us down...I thought that was very touching.

MissChef said:
Oh Yeah! He's pissed and he's about to blow, good, I hope so, because then we'll see some true colors!

How can you guys tell? I haven't heard/seen anything regarding that one!

chefsteph07 said:
How can you guys tell? I haven't heard/seen anything regarding that one!

Oh..... I didn't hear it on the TV news, I heard it on the AM radio stations. He did some form of speech, for the media, statement.... whatever, can't think of the exact words. But you could hear it in his voice! He's livin on the edge! LOL!

each candidate is going to have to:
- figure out what definition and degree of change will earn votes and strike the balance between substantial and scary
- prove that they are capable of making change happen
- state what they will do to "change"

Related to McCain's Speech: Reflections & Questions

1. What is the main topic of McCain's speech?

The main topic of McCain's speech is his reflections and questions about current political issues and the direction of the country.

2. When and where was McCain's speech delivered?

The speech was delivered on October 17, 2017 at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

3. What were some of the key points mentioned in McCain's speech?

McCain discussed the importance of American leadership in the world, the need for bipartisanship and compromise in politics, and the threat of authoritarianism and nationalism.

4. Did McCain address any specific events or policies in his speech?

Yes, McCain referenced the rise of authoritarian leaders around the world, the current state of US-Russia relations, and the need for Congress to pass comprehensive immigration reform.

5. What is the overall message or call to action in McCain's speech?

The overall message of McCain's speech is a call for Americans to come together and work towards a better future for the country, putting aside political differences and focusing on the values and principles that unite us as a nation.

Back