• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Delicious Margherita Pita Pizzas for Your Next Show | Easy Recipe

In summary, to make Margherita Pita Pizzas, you will need pita bread, tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, and olive oil. While fresh mozzarella is the traditional cheese used, shredded mozzarella or a blend of Italian cheeses can also be used. To assemble, spread tomato sauce on pita bread, top with mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, and basil, and drizzle with olive oil before baking. The pizzas can be made ahead of time and served as an appetizer or main dish.
Buttercup72
Hi all I am making these Saturday for a show. I tried them for dinner tonight. They are great. I am wondering if anyone else has made these. It says to use 4 pita bread rounds and that they make 8 servings. I am not sure if it is to be 4 cut in half or if you split the pita to make 8 whole rounds. It says to cut them into quarters. That is what had me confused. It doesn't say to make 8 out of 4, but maybe I am missing something.

Thanks for the help!

Margherita Pita Pizzas
{pg 13 The Pampered Chef’s It’s Good for You Cookbook}
INGREDIENTS:
2 teaspoon pantry Italian Seasoning Mix
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 garlic clove, pressed
4 flat pita bread rounds (without pockets)
2 plum tomatoes, sliced
1 cup (4 oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 tablesppons snipped fresh basil leaves
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. In Small Batter Bowl, combine oil, seasoning mix, vinegar and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well. Place pita rounds on Rectangle Stone. Brush one side of each pita round with oil mixture using Pastry Brush.
2. Using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with v-shaped blade, slice tomatoes. Top pita rounds evenly with tomatoes and cheese. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are lightly browned. Sprinkle with basil. Cut Pizzas into quarters using Pizza Cutter; serve warm.

YIELD: 8 servings.

PREP TIME: 15 minutes

BAKE TIME: 10-12 minutes

If this is the recipe, then you cut each pita into 4 pcs. Each person gets 2 pcs as a serving. I hope this helps.

Thank you very much!

1. What ingredients are needed to make Margherita Pita Pizzas?

To make Margherita Pita Pizzas, you will need pita bread, tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, and olive oil.

2. Can I use a different type of cheese for the Margherita Pita Pizzas?

While fresh mozzarella is the traditional cheese used in Margherita Pita Pizzas, you can also use shredded mozzarella or a blend of Italian cheeses.

3. How do I assemble the Margherita Pita Pizzas?

First, spread tomato sauce on the pita bread. Then, top with slices of fresh mozzarella cheese. Add halved cherry tomatoes and torn basil leaves on top. Drizzle with olive oil and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly.

4. Can I make Margherita Pita Pizzas ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the Margherita Pita Pizzas ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Just make sure to bake them within a day or two for the best results.

5. How do I serve the Margherita Pita Pizzas?

Once the Margherita Pita Pizzas are out of the oven, you can slice them into wedges and serve them as an appetizer or snack. They can also be served as a main dish with a side salad or vegetables.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Monty060609
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cookinfletch
Replies
Views
Admin Greg