• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

March Cn Question - Creative? or Not Allowed?

In summary, the conversation revolved around an article in the March CN about a consultant who utilized online homeschooling networks to book shows in her new area. Some participants expressed confusion and concern over the potential violation of consultant agreements, while others suggested that the consultant may have met with the homeschooling group in person or through email instead of using the online chat area. The general consensus was that the article should have been edited to provide more clarification. Some also commented on the appearance of a fellow consultant, who was featured on the cover of the CN. It was mentioned that there may be a response from HO on the issue in the future.
chefann said:
The policies used to come with the kit. I was sad to see them stop including them, because not everyone is going to jump up, download them, and read them when they're new.

I agree Ann! That's news to me. I always tell my new consultants to refer to their policies and procedures manual when I'm going to be out of my office. I didn't know they weren't getting them anymore! I can't even begin to count the number of times I pull mine out to check up on something.

What about the consultant's who don't use the net? I know that's unlikely but here in our small rural area of Maine, beleive it or not, there are those who don't use a computer or the internet! I'm forever trying to help people fill out all those forms by hand to submit a show, YUCK! I can't even imagine life with my computer LoL

lacychef said:
Exactly! HO knows it's against the rules:blushing:
I think the thing is, even HO is confused on the rules. Even the uppers are confused on the rules.

I have no doubt - NONE - in my mind that the featured person did not realize she was going against the rules. If she had, she wouldn't have been telling it to CN interviewer! She might have said she talked to people in a home-schooling circle she was joining in the new area.

If upper levels and HO personnel are confused, how are we supposed to not be confused?! There are a ton of consultants on up that I'm sure wouldn't have thought of that being against the rules, especially since it was featured in an HO publication. How I would like to plead ignorance and be able to use just basic web services - not to get away from personal relationships, but because there are people with whom I have personal relationships on a very web level! And part of me thinks, "well, everyone else will be thinking they can do it now, so I just should. Ask forgiveness, not permission." But the bigger part of me is the part that is committed to running my business ethically and with integrity, and since I know it's against the rules, I won't.

*sigh* I promise I wasn't trying to be a sh!t-stirrer or a rabble rouser; I'm just genuinely confused, and not much comforted to know that the leadership is confused, as well.

KateD said:
I think the thing is, even HO is confused on the rules. Even the uppers are confused on the rules.

I have no doubt - NONE - in my mind that the featured person did not realize she was going against the rules. If she had, she wouldn't have been telling it to CN interviewer! She might have said she talked to people in a home-schooling circle she was joining in the new area.

If upper levels and HO personnel are confused, how are we supposed to not be confused?! There are a ton of consultants on up that I'm sure wouldn't have thought of that being against the rules, especially since it was featured in an HO publication. How I would like to plead ignorance and be able to use just basic web services - not to get away from personal relationships, but because there are people with whom I have personal relationships on a very web level! And part of me thinks, "well, everyone else will be thinking they can do it now, so I just should. Ask forgiveness, not permission." But the bigger part of me is the part that is committed to running my business ethically and with integrity, and since I know it's against the rules, I won't.

*sigh* I promise I wasn't trying to be a sh!t-stirrer or a rabble rouser; I'm just genuinely confused, and not much comforted to know that the leadership is confused, as well.

Here is another "KateD" that agrees with EVERYTHING you just said... especially your last statement!

One of the issues with it getting into the newsletter is that the department that handles policy is not the department that would create the newsletter. So unless the publications department had someone from career solutions proofread, they wouldn't necessarily know there was anything wrong with it.

I'd hate to be the one responsible at HO for this mess!

chefann said:
The policies used to come with the kit. I was sad to see them stop including them, because not everyone is going to jump up, download them, and read them when they're new.
Why in the world would they NOT include the policies in the kit?? That makes absolutely no sense to me at all. Pampered Chef is all about supporting their consultants but if they aren't even giving new consultants the guidlines...:confused:

I know - silly, isn't it? They get the business guide, but that's not the policies. And there's plenty of room in the binder to include the policies.

The policies are listed on the back of the agreement. When someone signs up on line they can read them and then print them off.

We need to take extra care to point this out to new consultants and encourage them to read them.

I think they took the policies out of the business guide so that it could be streamlined. I know they wanted to have less repetition.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
  • BlessedWifeMommy
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chezshelly
  • ChefJeniLobdell
  • General Chat
Replies