• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Losing 15 lbs with Slim Fast: Has Anyone Done It?

In summary, the conversation discusses the effectiveness of the Slim Fast diet for weight loss. Some participants have had success with it, while others found the shakes unappetizing. Suggestions for making the shakes more tolerable include drinking them ice cold and adding fruit or yogurt. It is noted that the diet may be effective for temporary weight loss, but may not be sustainable in the long term. Some participants also recommend incorporating healthy snacks, such as fruit or nuts, to curb hunger between meals. Personal experiences and modifications to the diet are shared, but it is ultimately recommended to consult a doctor before starting any weight loss plan.
heat123
Silver Member
I'm going to try this one and do 2 shake supplements for breakfast and lunch then do a low carb dinner or sensible dinner and I have stepped up my exercise schedule to 3-5x a weej. Anyone done this diet and did it work for you? I want to lose 15lbs by April! Here's hoping slim fast does it!?!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
All I can say is YUCK!! I really thought I would stick with it. I wanted to, but just couldn't stomach those shakes. They are much better ICE cold, though. However, after trying the Herbal Life shakes for awhile I think I could now successfully do the Slim Fast. Those things (Herbal Life) are just plain nasty! The texture AND the taste will do you in.

Oh btw, good luck! And you really don't need to lose an ounce let alone 15 whole pounds!

I think I was way too much of a snacker for those to work for me. I used to drink the chocolate drink in the can for a lunch supplement. If you just want a temporary weight lose, I think they may work, but not so sure if you want to keep it off....

Chef Kearns said:
Oh btw, good luck! And you really don't need to lose an ounce let alone 15 whole pounds!
Thanks you're too sweet but I packed on some lbs. since I saw you at confrence (mostly holiday time). ANd I want to be bikini ready in April!;)

I like chocolate fudge flavor cold and for the lunch shake I add a frozen banana to it, yum and it totally thickens it up and tastes like a icecream shake or something! But I do need another flavor for variety in the morning!

I tried slim fast before and really followed the plan. I lost 15lbs in no time. I stopped using it because it taste like it has oil/grease in it. I would defintely drink it ice cold - it takes away the oil/grease taste.

Christ Follower said:
I think I was way too much of a snacker for those to work for me. I used to drink the chocolate drink in the can for a lunch supplement. If you just want a temporary weight lose, I think they may work, but not so sure if you want to keep it off....
I figure if I get hungry between lunch and dinner I can have a fruit or nuts snack!;)

I did the slimfast diet after my DD was born and it did work, but I gained it back whe I stopped. I had to have a LOT of self-discipline. The biggest thing for me was to get me thru the majority of the day, I put my strawberry shake in the blender with a little ice and added yoplait's strawberry banana yogurt (no fat) to it and it lasted me from 7 in the morning until about 230 in the afternoon. then, since it was so close to dinner by then, I just had either another shake by itself or a handful of almonds with dried cranberries or 6 walnuts. They curve your appetite for hours! (the walnuts) I lost 27 punds in 3 weeks on this diet. I ate what I wanted for supper in moderation, and no snack before bed. So I essentially only had one meal a day. It really worked for me, but I had my plan approved by my family dr to make sure it would work for me and he loved my plan. He like dthe results too and recommended it to one of his family members. My mommy & me class loved the idea too. It beats having to count points for everything you eat all day long. I hated that!!

Best of luck to you!!

ragschef said:
I did the slimfast diet after my DD was born and it did work, but I gained it back whe I stopped. I had to have a LOT of self-discipline. The biggest thing for me was to get me thru the majority of the day, I put my strawberry shake in the blender with a little ice and added yoplait's strawberry banana yogurt (no fat) to it and it lasted me from 7 in the morning until about 230 in the afternoon. then, since it was so close to dinner by then, I just had either another shake by itself or a handful of almonds with dried cranberries or 6 walnuts. They curve your appetite for hours! (the walnuts) I lost 27 punds in 3 weeks on this diet. I ate what I wanted for supper in moderation, and no snack before bed. So I essentially only had one meal a day. It really worked for me, but I had my plan approved by my family dr to make sure it would work for me and he loved my plan. He like dthe results too and recommended it to one of his family members. My mommy & me class loved the idea too. It beats having to count points for everything you eat all day long. I hated that!!

Best of luck to you!!

Man what a success story! YOu should have been a slimfast spokesperson LOL! Thanks for sharing! I too thought about weight watchers but the points are hard to keep track off all day! Here's hoping I have 1/2 the succes as you in 2 months time!;)

Slimfast really worked for me too. I liked to put the shakes in the freezer for about 15 minutes before I drank them, so it was really like a shake, and since it was thicker, it took longer to drink. I only liked the creamy milk chocolate. They also have the bars, but I thought they were really rich. For snack, I would eat fruit, but really liked snacking on fat free butter popcorn. I lost over 20 lbs. doing this, and ate what I wanted for dinner. But now, two babies later, I really need to start it again!

Glad to hear it's worked for you all, that gives me hope! To add to my motivation, my cousin and I are doing a "Biggest loser" competition to see who can lose the most by April! :) That should keep me on track! Or at least I hope it does!

I did it a long time ago. At that time they sold the powder to add to milk. I thought those tasted better then the cans already mixed up. It wasn't as thick.

pampchefrhondab said:
I did it a long time ago. At that time they sold the powder to add to milk. I thought those tasted better then the cans already mixed up. It wasn't as thick.
I tried those back in the day when powder was the only option but for some reason it Always gave me a headache:confused: ? But haven't expereienced that problem with cans?

heat123 said:
Glad to hear it's worked for you all, that gives me hope! To add to my motivation, my cousin and I are doing a "Biggest loser" competition to see who can lose the most by April! :) That should keep me on track! Or at least I hope it does!
What a great idea to do a challenge with each other. I think that totally helps. I'm back on the WW wagon (wow, how many times have I said THAT?!) and I do all the tracking online. That makes it SO easy! Especially because I'm on the computer essentially all day. Ha! Maybe that's the problem and why I've been on WW so long!

I agree with Sandra (chef kearns), you don't need to lose 15 pounds! But, you go girl and GOOD LUCK!!!:D :D

pamperedbecky said:
What a great idea to do a challenge with each other. I think that totally helps. I'm back on the WW wagon (wow, how many times have I said THAT?!) and I do all the tracking online. That makes it SO easy! Especially because I'm on the computer essentially all day. Ha! Maybe that's the problem and why I've been on WW so long!

I agree with Sandra (chef kearns), you don't need to lose 15 pounds! But, you go girl and GOOD LUCK!!!:D :D

Thanks Beck!;) Seriously though, I feel about 10lbs heavier since Confrence:cry: ! Afraid to even weigh in for starting this contest :(.

I tried the WW trial week FREE but still couldn't track my points daily.:yuck:

I'm hoping with having a new walking schedule with my mom 3x a week before kids go to school at 6am:yuck: and tues/thurs with a freind will jump start my metabolism again? I noticed it totaly slowed last year and I'm turning 35 in April so hopefully this helps!

Good luck with your go round with WW!

rancherswife said:
Slimfast really worked for me too. I liked to put the shakes in the freezer for about 15 minutes before I drank them, so it was really like a shake, and since it was thicker, it took longer to drink. I only liked the creamy milk chocolate. They also have the bars, but I thought they were really rich. For snack, I would eat fruit, but really liked snacking on fat free butter popcorn. I lost over 20 lbs. doing this, and ate what I wanted for dinner. But now, two babies later, I really need to start it again!
That's exactly why I need to lose after 2 kids gaining 47lbs the first time and 21 the 2nd time!:eek:

Related to Losing 15 lbs with Slim Fast: Has Anyone Done It?

1. Can I really lose 15 lbs with Slim Fast?

Yes, it is possible to lose 15 lbs with Slim Fast. However, individual results may vary depending on factors such as starting weight, diet, and exercise routine.

2. How does Slim Fast help with weight loss?

Slim Fast is a meal replacement program that provides portion-controlled, low-calorie meals and snacks. By replacing high-calorie meals with Slim Fast products, you can create a calorie deficit and ultimately lose weight.

3. Is it safe to use Slim Fast for weight loss?

Slim Fast is generally considered safe for healthy adults. However, it is always recommended to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any weight loss program, especially if you have any underlying medical conditions.

4. Can I still eat regular food while using Slim Fast?

Yes, you can still incorporate regular food into your diet while using Slim Fast. However, it is important to make healthy food choices and stick to the recommended calorie intake for weight loss.

5. How long does it take to lose 15 lbs with Slim Fast?

The amount of time it takes to lose 15 lbs with Slim Fast varies for each individual. On average, you can expect to lose 1-2 lbs per week, so it may take around 2-3 months to reach your goal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• imported_heat123
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
imported_heat123
  • heat123
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefkristin
Replies