• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Longaberger Basket Fest at Fort Hood: A Texas Road Trip for Basket Addicts!

In summary, the author went to the Basket Fest at Fort Hood and bought baskets. She liked some of the baskets she bought and didn't like others. She also liked the clearance baskets.
Teresa Lynn
Gold Member
if anyone in Texas is a Longaberger addict :angel: like myself road trip to Basket Fest at Fort Hood until Oct. 21
OH my gosh!!
We went today (a few minutes short of a 3 hour trip one way)
I wove my own basket, took 4 of my favorite baskets that the LB family members signed, won the hourly giveaway of a special medium market basket designed for the fest in Fort Hood, and shopped my lil heart out.. They had specialty things & baskets for this event AND a clearance on retired items. Came home with incredible deals on baskets....
The people at the door were laughing at my husband he kept carrying bags to the car.

I went to the one in Williamsburg!!!! MY LL has a sister who was suppossed to go and get her some baskets...I wonder if she did!!
Congrats on the win! I SO wantedd to win something!!!

the only thing that would ahve made it better was if I could have gone to the one in Massachusetts at yankee candle.

I kept standing there asking my husband should I buy this one ?
then I'd ask his opinion on a couple I couldn't decide on.
He had 2 answers
1. if you like it buy it
2. get whatever you want.
One guy told him he was making it hard for the rest of the husbands.

Teresa Lynn said:
the only thing that would ahve made it better was if I could have gone to the one in Massachusetts at yankee candle.

I kept standing there asking my husband should I buy this one ?
then I'd ask his opinion on a couple I couldn't decide on.
He had 2 answers
1. if you like it buy it
2. get whatever you want.
One guy told him he was making it hard for the rest of the husbands.

Your husband is a smart man. My husband always says "A happy wife makes a happy life...":blushing:

were the baskets on sale...as compared to party prices? I didn't now they had such things. I love baskets, but not enough to pay such prices. I like ours better...just wish we had more selection. My SIL loves these things and has parties all the time.

the clearanced baskets, protectors, purses and liners were on sale I know I saved $$$ :)
the ones that were made for the events only were the smaller ones and they were the normal $40-$70 price range for small baskets.

I'd LOVE to go to one of these things... I'd LOVE it even more to go to the Homestead for an actual visit. =) I've lived overseas since 2002, so I never have the chance.

I am a Longaberger consultant, too, and I always hate it when guests at my shows ask about Dresden. Then, I have to say that I've never been... But, someday, I will!!

Angie,
How long have you been selling?
I'd like to know the original prices of the clearanced baskets I bought I just threw away several years worth of catalogs the other day...

My hubby just tossed & burned a couple of LB baskets. They were gifts from his previous wedding & he didn't want them anymore! I don't remember what they were. I think one was a recipe card holder & another was about the size of a square napkin on taller.

angmillar said:
I'd LOVE to go to one of these things... I'd LOVE it even more to go to the Homestead for an actual visit. =) I've lived overseas since 2002, so I never have the chance.

I am a Longaberger consultant, too, and I always hate it when guests at my shows ask about Dresden. Then, I have to say that I've never been... But, someday, I will!!
I went there (Dresden) a couple years ago and it is so worth the trip. I stayed at the Longaberger hotel and felt very pampered. Unfortunately I was only able to be there for about 20 hours so I didn't have time to check out the town - except to find a protector for one of my discontinued baskets. Next time...

My LL just moved away but I really need to stop buying. I have baskets stashed in closets!:eek:

I hate that they discontinued the large picnic basket - that was our wedding present to just about everyone along with It's a Wonderful Life DVD, wine glasses, wine, bread, salt, PC wine bottle opener, bread knife, salt & pepper mill... - and a card with the words they say when they are moving that couple into their home. I know they have a new picnic basket but I think it's host only with $$$$ in orders. The other was like $129. Oh, well, now that I can't do that I can get a cheaper basket and put more PC in it!

stashed in closets thats a crime... at my house we (ok I) buy furniture to display them on :)

We've added a hutch to our kitchen, a smaller console type hutch in my office (threw the baskets away that came with it) and a couple of their tables and bookshelves. Yesterday they had a line of all maple furniture and accessories not sure if that is a new trend for them or not.

Teresa Lynn said:
Angie,
How long have you been selling?
I'd like to know the original prices of the clearanced baskets I bought I just threw away several years worth of catalogs the other day...

I've only been a consultant for three months now, and I haven't even qualified yet!! I did it mostly for the discount and to support my own habit! =) I stay really busy with PC, and I hadn't realized how time consuming it would be to have two home based businesses!

Anyway, I could probably help ya out with finding the original prices, though. Just send me a PM or an email, and I'll see what I can do. :)

BethCooks4U said:
I went there (Dresden) a couple years ago and it is so worth the trip. I stayed at the Longaberger hotel and felt very pampered. Unfortunately I was only able to be there for about 20 hours so I didn't have time to check out the town - except to find a protector for one of my discontinued baskets. Next time...

My LL just moved away but I really need to stop buying. I have baskets stashed in closets!:eek:

I hate that they discontinued the large picnic basket - that was our wedding present to just about everyone along with It's a Wonderful Life DVD, wine glasses, wine, bread, salt, PC wine bottle opener, bread knife, salt & pepper mill... - and a card with the words they say when they are moving that couple into their home. I know they have a new picnic basket but I think it's host only with $$$$ in orders. The other was like $129. Oh, well, now that I can't do that I can get a cheaper basket and put more PC in it!

I hear ya!! Before I became a consultant for them, I would sell some on Ebay to make room for new ones. Surprisingly, I usually did pretty well selling them.

angmillar said:
I hear ya!! Before I became a consultant for them, I would sell some on Ebay to make room for new ones. Surprisingly, I usually did pretty well selling them.
Ohhhh... I couldn't SELL them. I just need to get organized and find homes for them. I would give my DIL's and granddaughters some but they have no concept of what they are value wise. One of my DIL's tosses everything - I mean everything. My son has to really watch her - she has tried to toss things that mean a lot to him or have real value so there's no way I'm going to give her a basket - I have to be careful which pieces of PC I give her.

Once a gift is given it's theirs to do whatever they want with, I know that. And I would be fine if she gave away PC that I give her that she doesn't want but I have a hard time with them being put in the garbage. Even with my discounts...

Goodness gracious, if The Furry Guy heard that, he'd have a coronary, Beth! He's not a big Longaberger fan, but he knows they're valuable. We both hate waste. Like you said, passing something on to someone else isn't an issue. Throwing things like that away is just wasteful.

Beth,
Are the ones in yuor closet small ones with handles?
my son made me an old fashioned drying rack when I first started collecting. I tied them on with twine it hangs over my microwave

I am sure the baskets had very good prices on them. Earlier this year they opened what is called the Factory Store as a way to get rid of retired inventory. I have gotten some real good deals on baskets like one for $12.00 Right now it is online for consultants only but it is suppose to go public sometime real soon. If anyone wants information about access or ordering from it when the time comes, email me
[email protected]

thats what this was a mini version of the factory store. I think they even called it that.
Protectors & liners were .99 to $5.00
the chilling insert for the beverage tote was $4 I use mine only for solo cups on my counter but bought a set anyway.
the entertaining book was $5
candles and candle saucers were $3 -$5

Related to Longaberger Basket Fest at Fort Hood: A Texas Road Trip for Basket Addicts!

1. What is Fort Hood & Longaberger?

Fort Hood & Longaberger is a collaboration between two companies, Fort Hood and Longaberger, to offer exclusive kitchen products and accessories.

2. How can I purchase Fort Hood & Longaberger products?

You can purchase Fort Hood & Longaberger products through a Pampered Chef consultant or on the Pampered Chef website.

3. Are Fort Hood & Longaberger products only sold to members of the military?

No, Fort Hood & Longaberger products are available to everyone regardless of military affiliation. However, some products may have a military theme or design.

4. Can I host a Pampered Chef party featuring Fort Hood & Longaberger products?

Yes, you can host a Pampered Chef party and feature Fort Hood & Longaberger products. Your Pampered Chef consultant will have more information on how to do this.

5. Are there any special promotions or discounts for Fort Hood & Longaberger products?

Yes, there may be special promotions or discounts available for Fort Hood & Longaberger products. Check with your Pampered Chef consultant for more information or keep an eye out for promotions on the Pampered Chef website.

Back