• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Laugh Out Loud: The Real Phil vs. Pampered Chef's Phil on CBS's Amazing Race!

In summary, the ladies at the Pampered Chef Spring Launch were confused by Phil, who was playing the part of an "amazing race" fan, and some thought he was the real Phil from the TV show.
esavvymom
Staff member
It amazed me, and I got quite a few chuckles (plus some SHOCKED moments) at how the ladies reacted to Pampered Chef's Phil. Some women were just NUTS!!! The poor guy needed a body guard or two!But, what made me laugh and shake my head was how many actually thought he was the REAL Phil from the CBS "Amazing Race" show. For those who didn't know or haven't seen the show....he's NOT! OUR Phil:
id10_phil.png
CBS's Phil:
http://wwwimage.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/images/content/home/bottomcallouts_casting.jpgSorry- just had to get that off my chest. :) Have a great night!

Last edited:
I noticed this at Spring Launch ... They carried on as if this poor, out of work actor, was actually somebody.

During one of the sessions, Phil said he had made the mistake of walking into I think it was the dining-hall, or an area with ALOT of consultants. He thought he had this great idea of having 7 envelopes, and he waved them around asking who wanted bonus points (I think it was). He said "That was a bad idea!". From what he said, sounded like he got more than a few women all over him. Seriously people, we're adults!! By the way- HI DAVE! Been a long time. I'm finally done traveling, so maybe will get to chat again one of these nights. :) I was able to keep somewhat up to date on the goings/comings on CS via my "pinkberry" as my kids call it (My pink Blackberry).

esavvymom said:
It amazed me, and I got quite a few chuckles (plus some SHOCKED moments) at how the ladies reacted to Pampered Chef's Phil. Some women were just NUTS!!! The poor guy needed a body guard or two!

But, what made me laugh and shake my head was how many actually thought he was the REAL Phil from the CBS "Amazing Race" show. News flash....he's NOT!

OUR Phil:
id10_phil.png

CBS's Phil:
http://wwwimage.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/images/content/home/bottomcallouts_casting.jpg

Sorry- just had to get that off my chest. :) Have a great night!

I think the reason why people were getting confused is from the Incentive DVD back when the Toronto/Maui trip was announced, it was an "amazing race" theme for the actual announcement, and some who didn't see the actual DVD may have been confused that it was from the TV show Amazing Race.

My friend and I were walking through the luggage area at McCormick on the last day and I saw Phil - I asked her if we should get our picture with him and she said "nah, no one knows who he is"...lol! Then as we passed him he gave each of us one of the "NO NO NO NO" t shirts....I kinda felt bad that I didn't ask for a photo after that.

esavvymom said:
During one of the sessions, Phil said he had made the mistake of walking into I think it was the dining-hall, or an area with ALOT of consultants. He thought he had this great idea of having 7 envelopes, and he waved them around asking who wanted bonus points (I think it was). He said "That was a bad idea!". From what he said, sounded like he got more than a few women all over him. Seriously people, we're adults!!

He said that, but then after that, I watched him do the very same thing in the middle of lunch. He walked right into the middle aisle, and started waving envelopes, and was MOBBED. I also saw him do it just over the bridge. So, I don't think he minded too much.

pamperedlinda said:
my friend and i were walking through the luggage area at mccormick on the last day and i saw phil - i asked her if we should get our picture with him and she said "nah, no one knows who he is"...lol! Then as we passed him he gave each of us one of the "no no no no" t shirts....i kinda felt bad that i didn't ask for a photo after that.

you got a shirt?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

ChefBeckyD said:
He said that, but then after that, I watched him do the very same thing in the middle of lunch. He walked right into the middle aisle, and started waving envelopes, and was MOBBED. I also saw him do it just over the bridge. So, I don't think he minded too much.

Yeah...I figured he was just LOVING the attention. :)

I know... I asked him about that when I got my "NO NO NO NO" shirt from him (he was hanging out in the luggage area on the last morning). He just smiled.

Thanks for clearing that up! I talked to him a couple of times and wasn't sure if he was someone I was supposed to know or not! I remembered him from the DVD, but I don't watch the real Amazing Race, so I honestly didn't know.

RMDave said:
I noticed this at Spring Launch ... They carried on as if this poor, out of work actor, was actually somebody.

(Actually, he IS somebody) but maybe they just think he's cute. and that its fun to mob the cute kid.

Marghi

He's much cuter than the real 'Phil'. =) He was backstage when we were lined up to walk and he was very nice to talk to. I thanked him for coming to Lancaster PA for Spring Launch and he said he asked if I brought all of PA with me b/c everyone in the lines all day long had been saying they were at the Lancaster SL. I told him it just showed how good we were in the Northeast. He laughed and said "I know one thing, you are a crazy bunch of women! That was the most wild meeting I was at!" Go Pennsylvania (and surrounding area's as I know people traveled from DC, Maryland, NY, NJ, Deleware and many other states!) (No offense to any males that were present, he simply said women)

BlueMoon said:
(Actually, he IS somebody) but maybe they just think he's cute. and that its fun to mob the cute kid.

Marghi

Well, they did that too. But I was behind some ladies waiting for a shuttle. One of them asked "who is he anyway?" and the other ladies said he's the actor from the CBS Amazing Race. She didn't believe them at first, and they said "NO, really, PC hired him...." and they went on. The first lady was then "I'm glad I didn't ask him what his job with PC was when he wasn't doing the Incentive stuff". I was just shaking my head and laughing. Heard a similar conversation the next evening before a general session- a woman asking if he was the "real Phil from Amazing race" and those around her were saying "yes", while I looked at her and was shaking my head "no". I just smiled and kept to myself. :)

He is cute though! But I wouldn't mob him and act like a 12 yr old. ;)

esavvymom said:
By the way- HI DAVE! Been a long time. I'm finally done traveling, so maybe will get to chat again one of these nights. :) I was able to keep somewhat up to date on the goings/comings on CS via my "pinkberry" as my kids call it (My pink Blackberry).

Glad you're back and look forward to our gabbing.

It never occurred to me that people thought he was the real Phil from Amazing Race. Guess I'm such a fan of the show that I knew the difference. I figured people were cheering for him b/c he had give-aways. Those barc-a-loungers were a cute idea but not enough of a substitute for the Serve It Up Squad.

Ha! I was in the "mob" at the 2nd day lunch. Two of us were actually the first two consultants up to him when he came in at lunch. Within a minute we were all pressed up against him! Talk about crazy! He ended up handing me an envelope and when I took it from him, someone tried to take it from me from behind! I ended up ducking to the floor and tucking it in my pants. It was a mad scene and me and my friend promptly left.

I was watching the Disney Video when up from behind me I hear..."how are things going". I turn around, and it's Phil :) I of course asked what kind of fun prizes he had (he gave me 100 points :)). We actually stood and talked for about 5 minutes. He's really sweet, talked about his family (neices and nephews, etc). He had no idea how our trip incentive points worked (which I thought was kind of interesting). He had no idea we had to earn as many points as we did, didn't know how we earned them. He thought he was giving away LOTS of points. When I told him Toronto was 52000, he was shocked. I got my picture with him (my director wanted my pic holding my 100 points paper with him). He's super cute and super sweet. Once it's posted, my pic with him will become my new facebook profile pic :) I can't wait for all my friends to wonder what cute guy this single girl is standing with :) :) Hi, my name is Jennifer and I :love: Phil!

I thought he was PC version of Ryan Seacrest.. lol

wadesgirl said:
Ha! I was in the "mob" at the 2nd day lunch. Two of us were actually the first two consultants up to him when he came in at lunch. Within a minute we were all pressed up against him! Talk about crazy! He ended up handing me an envelope and when I took it from him, someone tried to take it from me from behind! I ended up ducking to the floor and tucking it in my pants. It was a mad scene and me and my friend promptly left.

What was in your envelope? One of our clustermates was in the mob as well and she came away with special seating during the last general session. She said that he had an envelope and 2 girls grabbed the same one and it ripped in half! I mean, really! It's worth it THAT much to completely ruin one of the envelopes so NO ONE gets a prize. :rolleyes:

Malinda Klein said:

I thought the EXACT same thing!!

chefsteph07 said:
What was in your envelope? One of our clustermates was in the mob as well and she came away with special seating during the last general session. She said that he had an envelope and 2 girls grabbed the same one and it ripped in half! I mean, really! It's worth it THAT much to completely ruin one of the envelopes so NO ONE gets a prize. :rolleyes:

People were like animals with that stuff. During the last session, I had one of the people handing out Leis hand me one, and the woman behind me RIPPED it out of my hand and was standing on her chair twirling it around. I had a very strong urge to knock her feet out from under her, but I resisted. :eek:

chefsteph07 said:

200 trip points! We even went back after the mod died down and got our picture taken (both me and the clustermate got 200 points).

I told him I had two questions for him: what is your real name? and how did you get the job (we had always joked he was probably someone in customer service that they pulled out cause he was a good look-a-like). He said his name is Spike and that he's just an actor. He said he was offered the gig and went for it. He's truely loving it!

Spike....hmmm. Interesting. I wouldn't have pegged him for a "Spike".And I'm SURE he's loving it. Getting pawed by hundreds of women?? LOL
That is funny though that he had no clue what it was he was even giving away! You'd think they'd (PC) explain that to him a bit? I just wish women would act their age!! Taking prizes from someone else's hands?! Seriously?? What would they have said if it was their child who just snatched it from someone's hands? PA-THET-IC!!!!! And for just 100-200 points??

ChefBeckyD said:
People were like animals with that stuff. During the last session, I had one of the people handing out Leis hand me one, and the woman behind me RIPPED it out of my hand and was standing on her chair twirling it around. I had a very strong urge to knock her feet out from under her, but I resisted. :eek:

All that for a lei that you can get at the Dollar Store. Yes, very PATHETIC. I'd like it if PC consultants had a little better manners. I heard alot of complaining at Disney by non PC guests who were treated rudely by PC'ers. Doesn't look good for the rest of us!

pamperedlinda said:
My friend and I were walking through the luggage area at McCormick on the last day and I saw Phil - I asked her if we should get our picture with him and she said "nah, no one knows who he is"...lol! Then as we passed him he gave each of us one of the "NO NO NO NO" t shirts....I kinda felt bad that I didn't ask for a photo after that.

Color me JEALOUS!! I wanted one of the "no no no" shirts!

Malinda Klein said:

I said the whole time that I thought he looked like a mini version of Ryan Seacrest!!

1. Who is Phil and what is the difference between "Our Phil" and "CBS's Phil"?

Phil is the spokesperson for Pampered Chef, a direct sales company that offers kitchen tools and cooking products. "Our Phil" refers to the current spokesperson for Pampered Chef, while "CBS's Phil" refers to the former spokesperson, Phil Keoghan, who is now the host of the CBS show "The Amazing Race".

2. Why did Pampered Chef switch from using CBS's Phil to having their own spokesperson?

Pampered Chef decided to switch to their own spokesperson, "Our Phil", in order to better align with their brand and values. They wanted a spokesperson who could fully represent their products and mission.

3. Is "Our Phil" a real person or just a character created for Pampered Chef?

"Our Phil" is a real person and is currently the spokesperson for Pampered Chef. He appears in all of their marketing materials and events.

4. Does "Our Phil" have any connection to "CBS's Phil" or "The Amazing Race"?

No, "Our Phil" is not the same person as "CBS's Phil" and has no connection to "The Amazing Race". They are two separate individuals with different roles and backgrounds.

5. How can I get in touch with "Our Phil" or book him for an event?

You can contact the Pampered Chef customer service team for inquiries about "Our Phil" and booking him for events. They will be able to provide you with the necessary information and assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Back