• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Keeping Safe: Is AVURT the Answer?

In summary, this device fires a non-lethal chemical ball that disables an attacker at up to forty feet, and it uses laser targeting.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
With everything going on lately, keeping ourselves safe is something we are all thinking about, even if we don't mention it. Has anyone seen http://www.avurt.com/default.aspx?skinid=1?

http://www.avurt.com/skins/images/avurt-banner.jpg

It fires a non-lethal chemical ball that disables an attacker at up to forty feet, at least, according to the manufacturer. It uses laser targeting and even I can fire it.

I'm looking into getting a couple of there - does anyone know anything about them?

Yeah, I know, another serious thread started by me, of all people.

And this is legal, and you'd carry it while walking down the street?

Wow...that looks scary!

Is it legal in every state?

BTW- KG you are close to 6000 posts! What color will you be next?

You'd have to check your local laws, but as far as I can tell, in most places this isn't considered a firearm because it is classified as non-lethal. Go check out the video on the link.It is (reportedly) the size and weight of a flashlight. It fits in your purse or pocket with the handle folded up and that acts as a safety.IF I UNDERSTAND IT PROPERLY, in the event of danger, you pull it out, open the handle and aim it like a pistol. You target your attacker with the laser and squeeze the trigger. A burst of nitrogen launches a plastic ball (it resembles a paintball) and it strikes wherever the laser beam was focused. The ball explodes on contact and puts out a puff of dry chemical PAVA which is a pepper-based powder. It causes immediate eye watering and closes the throat, causing coughing and disables your attacker briefly, allowing you a chance to escape.

KellyTheChef said:
BTW- KG you are close to 6000 posts! What color will you be next?
Whatever chefann is. I dunno.

Interesting!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The ball explodes on contact and puts out a puff of dry chemical PAVA which is a pepper-based powder.
mmm..... incapacitating....

sorry, channeling The Simpsons there again. (Really. In the episode in which Marge becomes a cop, Homer uses her pepper spray on eggs, and that's his comment.)

This looks interesting. My problem with things like this is that unless you walk around with it in your hand, chances are pretty good that you're not going to be able to dig it out of your purse, murse, or pocket in time to use it.

Related to Keeping Safe: Is AVURT the Answer?

What is AVURT and how does it keep us safe?

AVURT (Audio Visual Universal Remote Technology) is a state-of-the-art security system that uses motion sensors and cameras to monitor your home or workplace. It also has a panic button that can be used to alert authorities in case of an emergency.

Can AVURT be used for both residential and commercial properties?

Yes, AVURT is suitable for both residential and commercial use. Its customizable features make it versatile for any type of property.

How does AVURT compare to other security systems?

AVURT offers advanced features such as facial recognition and voice activation, making it more efficient and user-friendly compared to other security systems. It also has a wider range of coverage and can be controlled remotely through a mobile app.

What happens if there is a power outage or internet connection loss?

AVURT has a backup battery that can last up to 24 hours in case of a power outage. It also has a 4G cellular connection, so it can still function even if the internet is down.

Can AVURT be installed without professional help?

While it is recommended to have a professional install AVURT for optimal performance, it can also be installed by following the step-by-step instructions provided. However, we suggest consulting with a professional for any technical difficulties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • etteluap70PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies