• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just What Milwaukee Needs. :Rolleyes:

In summary, the Fonz is getting a bronze statue in Milwaukee. Some people are against it, while others are in support. It is privately funded, but people are worried about the money being wasted.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
New York has the Chrysler Building and Empire State Building.

Washington, D.C. has the Capital and the White House.

Chicago has the Sears Tower and the Hanc0ck Building.

St. Louis has the Arch.

Kansas City has Union Station.

Milwaukee is going to get the Fonz in Bronze.

You've gotta be kidding me - a statue to honor a fictional character that hasn't been on television (except in reruns) in over 30 years. A fictional character who is as representative of life in Milwaukee as mountain climbing is representative of oceanography.

Not to mention, a character who rode a Triumph motorcycle in the home of Harley-Davidson.

http://promo.onmilwaukee.com/bronzethefonz/images/fonz-statue.png

Excuse me while I go puke in my beer bucket.

Oh.
My.
Gawd.Yuck!
What a waste of money.

No words.....

Okay, maybe a few words:

That is just silly!

I, personally, liked the Fonz when I was a child. But, a bronze? That is silly.

I was a fan of the show. (Hey, I was young.) However, I think this is ridiculous. Let me guess; tax dollars are paying for it. Right?

Hey, he was on Paula Dean a month or so ago...(well as himself not the Fonz...)I always knew Milwaukee was odd...it is a good place to be from, not stay there...

Henry Winkler, maybe, but The Fonz? Yes, I watched and semi-enjoyed the show, but he wasn't he sort of the "bad boy". He was a skirt chaser. How sad, my sympathies for that area. I bet the tourists will be flocking in from all countries.

If any one bronzes Laverne and Shirley...I will have to go postal. Squiggy maybe, but not L & S!!!!:p

Well, I can't find it on YouTube, but there was a Family Guy episode in which Peter started the Church of the Fonz. Somehow, it seems appropriate to this thread.

Heeeeeyyyyyyy!!!! LOL!! That is too funny!!!

It's exactly what I'd want my tax dollars spent on!! HA! WHAT A JOKE!

The good news: It's privately funded.The bad news: They're serious about this.

Why is it that the idiot ideas are the ones that get funding?

I wish I could understand it - because then I could come up with an idiotic idea and make a bazillion dollars promoting it.

So where did you read about that KG? Have to show DH! LOL!

What is "Just What Milwaukee Needs"?

"Just What Milwaukee Needs" is a line of kitchen products designed specifically for the needs and tastes of the Milwaukee community. It includes unique products and recipes that are inspired by local cuisine and culture.

Can I purchase "Just What Milwaukee Needs" products online?

Yes, "Just What Milwaukee Needs" products are available for purchase on our website. Simply browse our selection and add your desired products to your cart.

Are there any special offers available for "Just What Milwaukee Needs" products?

Yes, we frequently have promotions and discounts available for our "Just What Milwaukee Needs" products. Be sure to check our website or subscribe to our email list for updates on current offers.

Can I find "Just What Milwaukee Needs" products in stores?

At this time, "Just What Milwaukee Needs" products are only available for purchase online. However, we are constantly expanding and looking for opportunities to partner with local stores in the Milwaukee area.

Are there gluten-free or vegan options available in the "Just What Milwaukee Needs" line?

Yes, we understand the importance of catering to different dietary needs and preferences. We offer a variety of gluten-free and vegan options in our "Just What Milwaukee Needs" line, indicated by special labels on the products.

Back