• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join a 4-Week Fitness Boot Camp and Reach Your Fitness Goals!

In summary, Heather signed up for a fitness boot camp and is looking forward to the results. Jennifer recommends starting with a half hour walk every day to help lose weight.
heat123
Silver Member
I just signed up for this, it's starts Monday for 4 weeks at 3x a week. Have any of you tried one of these? If so, how'd you like it, what were the results??

I've been dieting since Feb and lost 13-lbs at last count, now it's down to the last 4-8lbs or so to be at my Pre prego weight or wedding weight would be ideal some (6 years later lol). But mostly I want to get fit, toned and in shape cardio wise!:yuck:
Wish me luck, kind of nervous!:eek:

HOLY Cow, the first class kicked my booty! This month should do wonders for getting into shape! :)

Good luck to you, I have been trying to lose the last few pounds myself and just CAN'T!!!

Thanks! I will let ya know what the before and after results were after this month! ;)

Good luck, Heather!

Fitness is my down fall, I HATE to do anything that resembles fitness!

But me and hubby did walk 1 mile tonight!

I want about 5-10 lbs more to come off. I need 5 for my "realistic goal" but would love around 10 to be at the weight I was when I got married. I have lost 32 since I had Cole though, yahoo! I think I must have had a lot of fluid!:D

jrstephens said:
Good luck, Heather!

Fitness is my down fall, I HATE to do anything that resembles fitness!

But me and hubby did walk 1 mile tonight!

I want about 5-10 lbs more to come off. I need 5 for my "realistic goal" but would love around 10 to be at the weight I was when I got married. I have lost 32 since I had Cole though, yahoo! I think I must have had a lot of fluid!:D
Holy cow, congrats on the 32 already! Way to go! Keep up the walking, it does wonders too for the heart and toning too!

I have never heard of a fitness boot camp, what is it?

It's a new thing around here too! It's basically with a trainer for 1 hour with a bunch of girls doing running, pushups, lunges, drills, weights, bands etc for 1 month at a time. Offered through a local gym but located at a public park. I think it will be great to kickstart my booty into shape for the summer! ;)

I am gonna have to check into that and see if they do that around here. I need a big kick start!

mpkegley said:
I am gonna have to check into that and see if they do that around here. I need a big kick start!
I have a freind whose sister is doing this boot camp thing along with a diet plan the instructor has set her up with and so far she has lost 35lbs! And plans to lose 75 more!:eek: It's really an awesome program and I want to maybe sign up to do the next months camp!:thumbup:

Heather...how did you like your boot camp?

Learn anything new you can share with us?

http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/1226617200

It's over next week! :( I thought I was going to die the first week but now after almost a month it's been a GREAT experience! A great way to get into or kick start getting into shape anyways! Alot of running, drills, circuit training and trying to watch what I eat helped. I haven't felt bikini confident since before kids, now I'm all proud of this 35 year old body! lol
I'd recommend it to anyone who is curious and or wants to try it out when it comes to your area! Two thumbs up for me!

Congrats Heather! Sounds like a good experience. I could use an eating bootcamp - or should I say a "less eating" bootcamp.

And, Jennifer, if you don't really exercise much, then get started on a half hour walk every day. You'll start losing those last 5-10 pounds. Then, three times a week do some pushups, lunges, squats, crunches, etc. You'll be amazed how quickly you'll see results.

My problem is that I'd rather exercise then stop eating so much. I could probably do more exercise, but at this point it would probably be better to eat less.

JAE said:
Congrats Heather! Sounds like a good experience. I could use an eating bootcamp - or should I say a "less eating" bootcamp.

And, Jennifer, if you don't really exercise much, then get started on a half hour walk every day. You'll start losing those last 5-10 pounds. Then, three times a week do some pushups, lunges, squats, crunches, etc. You'll be amazed how quickly you'll see results.

My problem is that I'd rather exercise then stop eating so much. I could probably do more exercise, but at this point it would probably be better to eat less.
One thing I did change during my "biggest loser" comp with my cousin and friend was eating more (4-5) smaller meals, every 3-4 hours , instead of 3 bigger square meals a day! It helped me lose weight faster and my stomach shrunk and now I eat less in general!:thumbup:

I would so be up for the 6 week body makeover for an overall fitness and diet make over!!! :)

I was really thinnking about this bootcamp thing, this morning. I think I should start my own with friends. I could do it alone, but I know I won't stick to it. Plus, I may look a little silly going to the park and working out like that alone. KWIM? I live a mile from the beach and there are a lot of stairs there, too. Sand and stairs are the makings for a good start to boot camp. Don't you think?

Oh definitely! Sand is hard-challenging to run in but great for the legs I am sure, and less impact on the knees than concrete. Of course stairs is great too! Combine those two with bands and free weights and you got yourself a JAE boot camp! lol

Heather, how often do you go to bootcamp each week?

I signed up for the 3x a week course. So I do it tues,thurs and sat. I am really considering doing the next months class too! Just have to convince DH, it's something I really want to do again! He wasn't down with me not eating dinners with the family, even 2 days out of the week! :(

Related to Join a 4-Week Fitness Boot Camp and Reach Your Fitness Goals!

1. What is a fitness boot camp?

A fitness boot camp is a type of group exercise program that combines elements of strength training, cardio, and interval training to provide a full-body workout. It is usually led by a certified instructor and can be tailored to different fitness levels.

2. Who can participate in a fitness boot camp?

Anyone can participate in a fitness boot camp, regardless of their fitness level. The workouts can be modified to accommodate beginners and advanced individuals. It is always recommended to consult with a doctor before starting any new exercise program.

3. How long does a fitness boot camp last?

The duration of a fitness boot camp can vary, but most sessions typically last for an hour. Some camps may offer shorter or longer sessions depending on the intensity of the workout and the goals of the participants.

4. What should I bring to a fitness boot camp?

It is recommended to bring a water bottle, sweat towel, and a mat for floor exercises. Some camps may also require participants to bring their own weights or resistance bands. It is best to check with the instructor beforehand for any specific equipment requirements.

5. Will I see results from attending a fitness boot camp?

Results from a fitness boot camp will vary for each individual, but regular attendance and dedication to the workouts can lead to improved strength, endurance, and overall fitness. It is important to also maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle to see the best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
heat123
  • AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
Back