• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

It May Seem Small, but Could Ya Pray for My Cat?

In summary, the vet said that Lacy's swollen stomach is likely from internal bleeding and that she may have gotten into Decon. He is giving her a vitamin K shot to see if that helps. He said that it is worth a try if we believe in miracles. My daughters are worried about Lacy.
lacychef
We had to take our kitty (just about 1 year old) to the vet today. Her tummy has gotten huge & there was no way she could be pregnant. The vet did some tests; leukemia came back negative....he said he thinks the swelling is internal bleeding from something. Her white & red blood count was WAY low, also platelets. She hardly has any blood! He said it looks like she got into Decon; but we don't have any out anywhere. He's giving her a vitamin K shot to see if that helps bring her blood count up; if not then we'll have to put her down tomorrow.
He said it's worth a try if we believe in miracles:angel:
So anyway, may sound trivial to some; but she's a very adored kitty, especially by my 2 girls. They will be so sad if she doesn't come out of it.
TIA!:)

It is not trivial. We love our pets very much and it is especially hard when children love them.

I will say a prayer for the cat and yall. Keep us posted!

Oh Lacy - praying for your kitty to make a quick turnaround!

Thanks girls! The vet's going to call us tomorrow with updates.

Nothing is too small or too big for God!

I'll pray too.

Prayers are for EVERYTHING!
Lord, please bless this family and their special pet. You know how many hairs are on our heads... so we know you know the desire of this family's heart for their kitty. Please use what the vet has done to heal and restore their pet. We bring this family before you Father, knowing that no detail is too small or insignificant for you! Amen

Thanks Diane~always so good with words!
(her name is Lizzie) I think my 8 yr old is kinda worried now...

Lacy,
sending prayers for your precious furball.

Praying for Lizzie to recover - I've had many animals over the years and many looked to be at death's door and ended up recovering and living a much longer life! I sure hope Lizzie is in that group!

Aww Lacy, I hope Lizzie has a turn for the better so the girls don't have to go through putting her down. :(

sending prayers and {{{hugs}}}

Lacy - Here is a message my daughter wants to send you:"Mom, type this...From Sammie - I pray for your cat to get well. I pray that she can come back home."While I was typing that, Kyle (4 year old) bowed his head and said, "Dear Jesus, I pray that the cat gets better, thank you Jesus for my friends and for my kid channels on TV and for my food, Amen."...and Sammie also said, "Can you ask her if she has Jesus in her heart too?"So there you go, all the messages from my kids...

So precious Janet! Thanks for sharing!

Lacy I do hope the kitty gets better. I will definately say an extra prayer for her and I know how special and attached you can get! Our kitty is pretty special (& spoiled).

((hugs))

Prayers from kids are always so sweet and heartfelt!

I pray that Lizzie comes through this, and that the kids are doing OK with their fears.

{{{HUGS}}}
Kelly

I will keep Lizzie in my prayers. Our animals are a family member. They have personalities like anyone else. Your message brought tears to my eyes as much as a message about a human would.

Lacy,
I hope your little kitty gets better. :( That's sad....especially because you don't know what the kitty could have gotten into. I hope she pulls through. Poor kitty.

kitty update ?
Is he doing better?

janetupnorth said:
Lacy -

Here is a message my daughter wants to send you:

"Mom, type this...From Sammie - I pray for your cat to get well. I pray that she can come back home."

While I was typing that, Kyle (4 year old) bowed his head and said, "Dear Jesus, I pray that the cat gets better, thank you Jesus for my friends and for my kid channels on TV and for my food, Amen."

...and Sammie also said, "Can you ask her if she has Jesus in her heart too?"

So there you go, all the messages from my kids...

OH my goodness Janet; that is the sweetest thing ever--what little :angel: 's! Tell them thank you so much:)
No update yet; hopefully they'll call this morning.
Thank you all!

lacychef said:
OH my goodness Janet; that is the sweetest thing ever--what little :angel: 's! Tell them thank you so much:)
No update yet; hopefully they'll call this morning.
Thank you all!

I will when I see them after work. Hopefully you will have a good update for me to give them!!!!

Your family and your kitty are in my thoughts and prayers! I pray that you get good news!

Your kitty cat and family are in my prayers.
All my pets are pretty much like family members.
I know how hard it is when they get sick.

Prayers for Mommy and kittie!

Since I hadn't heard from the vet by 11:00am, I called. They said that her bloated tummy is actually from her liver. They are pretty sure that she has hemabartonella (sp?). Apparently she had a few fleas which we didn't know; one of them bit her & gave her this virus. So, she has to be on antibiotics for about 5 days. They said we could go visit her, so I took the girls out there after school. She seemed a little perkier than yesterday, but she's not out of the woods yet. They are keeping her out there for a couple more days. So, know I'm praying that the vet bill isn't too big. (DH will have a fit; he doesn't like spending much $ on pets) She definately seemed happy to see her 2 favorite girls though!
Thanks everyone for thinking of us:)

lacychef said:
Since I hadn't heard from the vet by 11:00am, I called. They said that her bloated tummy is actually from her liver. They are pretty sure that she has hemabartonella (sp?). Apparently she had a few fleas which we didn't know; one of them bit her & gave her this virus. So, she has to be on antibiotics for about 5 days. They said we could go visit her, so I took the girls out there after school. She seemed a little perkier than yesterday, but she's not out of the woods yet. They are keeping her out there for a couple more days. So, know I'm praying that the vet bill isn't too big. (DH will have a fit; he doesn't like spending much $ on pets) She definately seemed happy to see her 2 favorite girls though!
Awwww, how cute that she was happy to see the girls. I'm glad there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully the antibiotics will clear it up. Keep us posted.:)

lacychef said:

Sounds like once she gets the antibiotics in her she should be ok??? Tell your DH that you will do more shows to pay the vet bill!;)
I've been thinking about her all day!! {{{hugs}}}

Glad your kitty is getting better. It's so sad that they can't tell us what is wrong.

lacychef said:

Sammie says, "Thank you for calling us little angels. We keep praying for kitty-kitty."

(That's what she calls little kittens.)

Lacy - I'll be praying too that she continues to get better and that the bills won't be too bad!

Glad that your news is on the positive side, Lacy. I pray that your kitty continues to fight and get better, and that the vet bill will be something reasonable! I know vet bills can be crazy sometimes!

Okay, prayers for your kitty! I had to take Camilla Bean (our just one year old kitty) to the vet today, and my niece who is living with us now started crying. I guess the last two times my sister went to the vet with a pet, she didn't come back with it, so my niece was so worried that my kitty (and the dog, which needed her vaccines) would not be coming back... Boy was she happy when I came through the door with the dog... She said- "Oh, Delaney, I'm sooo very glad to see you!" Then she asked where Camilla was, and I told her in the car, and I went to get her crate. She said "Thank your for bringing my best friends home Aunt Krissy!

So, knowing my niece like I do, here is what her prayer would sound like.

Dear Father, In Jesus' name heal the kitty and make it all better! Ohmen. (she doesn't say Amen, she says Oh-men!) :)

I believe there is a verse in Psalms about God caring for our pets...so I know your request for a healthy and healed cat are not silly!

I pray expectantly that the treatment will work and your kitty will be good as new very soon! :)

Thanks for all the love here.....just thought I'd update you guys that Lizzie passed away yesterday afternoon. The vet said she declined pretty quickly this weekend. Nice thing though; he's only charging us for the initial treatments the first day, & not the week's worth of boarding her or the other treatments. My girls are pretty bummed, but are ready to get a new kitty since my mom's cat had kittens this weekend. Go figure.

lacychef said:
Thanks for all the love here.....just thought I'd update you guys that Lizzie passed away yesterday afternoon. The vet said she declined pretty quickly this weekend. Nice thing though; he's only charging us for the initial treatments the first day, & not the week's worth of boarding her or the other treatments. My girls are pretty bummed, but are ready to get a new kitty since my mom's cat had kittens this weekend. Go figure.

Awww...so sorry to hear...

I've posted this before, but we send this to our customers when their pets die:
The Rainbow Bridge

Glad to hear you got good news on the vet bill and I hope another pet takes her place real soon...did you ever figure out the true cause?

Oh, Lacy, this was not what I was expecting to read! So sorry for your loss...

Lacey,
I'm sorry for your loss. Prayers and hugs to all of you.
Another kitty won't replace the one you just lost but, it will wiggle its way into your heart and be just as loved.

Oh Lacy - I'm so sorry Lizzie didn't make it! How sad - I know how tough it is to lose a beloved family pet. Hopefully your girls will be able to love a new one just as much.

I hoe the kitty wasn't in pain. I hate it when animals die!!! Very sorry about the kitty! :(

Aw, I saw that this thread had been updated, and I was hoping it was to tell us that Lizzie had come home... I am so sorry she didn't make it. Hugs to everyone.Even though a new kitty will not take her place, maybe getting to know him or her will distract you from the pain.

Awe so sorry to hear! I hope she didn't suffer.

How ironic your mom's cat had kittens this weekend. Your kitty must have known!

God Bless...

Thanks guys; even more ironic, we realized that she died on her birthday:( We don't really know for sure what happened....for about $70 we could have, but that's okay!

Awww... sorry Lacy... that new kitten will actually have a very special kind of love ... the love your Lizzie taught your family about as well as the kindness displayed by your vet in forgiving so much of your bill... God's hand was all over this for you wasn't it?

Related to It May Seem Small, but Could Ya Pray for My Cat?

1. What could be causing my cat's swollen tummy?

The vet suspects that your cat may have internal bleeding, possibly from ingesting something toxic like rat poison.

2. What did the vet find in the tests?

The tests showed a low white and red blood cell count, as well as low platelets. This could indicate internal bleeding or another serious health issue.

3. Is there a chance my cat could recover?

The vet is giving a vitamin K shot to see if it helps improve your cat's blood count. If not, unfortunately, the prognosis is not good and your cat may need to be put down.

4. How can I help my cat?

The best thing you can do is follow the vet's recommendations and monitor your cat's condition closely. You can also pray for a miracle and believe in the power of positive thinking.

5. How will my family and I cope if our cat doesn't make it?

Losing a beloved pet can be very difficult, especially for children. It's important to allow yourself and your family to grieve and remember the happy times you shared with your cat. Seeking support from friends, family, or a therapist can also be helpful in coping with the loss.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tara1021
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Tara1021
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Hathery
  • Kathytnt