• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Paula Abdul Leaving American Idol?

In summary, FOX has announced that Paula Abdul will not be returning to American Idol next season. Kara DioGuardi, on the other hand, will be returning for her second season. Many viewers will miss Paula's incoherent ramblings, off-the-wall comments, and flirty banter with Simon. Some speculate that Paula's departure may be due to contract negotiations, as she was seeking a raise. Rumors suggest she may join the judging panel on So You Think You Can Dance. However, opinions are divided on whether this would be a good fit for her. Some viewers find the current judges on the show to be annoying and overwhelming. Despite her departure from American Idol, Paula will always be remembered as the kind and compassionate judge who
ChefJoyJ
I just read that FOX has said that Paula is not returning to Idol next season. Kara (whatever her last name is) will be returning for her second season.

I know Paula is a nutcase...but I, for one, will miss watching her incoherent ramblings, off the wall comments, and silly middle school style flirting with Simon. Kara bugs me b/c she seems to reference her recording career in almost every comment, but what has she done, really? I didn't feel she added much to the show.

Sad to see Paula go, Idol won't be the same...

Last edited:
I heard it was because she wanted a huge payraise and wasn't going to get it.

That makes sense. In the article, it did mention that at the beg. of the summer she said her staying was contingent on whether they were able to come to an agreement on a new contract.

Seriously...she doesn't make enough money now???

ChefJoyJ said:
That makes sense. In the article, it did mention that at the beg. of the summer she said her staying was contingent on whether they were able to come to an agreement on a new contract.

Seriously...she doesn't make enough money now???

Welllllll, $3.5 Mil will only go so far, you know.:rolleyes:

ChefBeckyD said:
Welllllll, $3.5 Mil will only go so far, you know.:rolleyes:

Nope. Having never had 3.5 Mil...I can't imagine. :rolleyes: I'd like to think it would take me a while to spend it though... :D

She just wanted fairness. Simon makes a lot more per episode than she does, and he contributes nothing more than she does.Rumor has it she might jump over to So You Think You Can Dance, which would be fun!

Except - isn't Simon one of the creators and producers?

I think Paula would be better w/ So You Think You Can Dance. I think her forte' is choreography.

Although I got over AI a few years ago and don't watch it anymore, I think the main issue was Ryan Seacrest's huge contract and raise...I think it is ridiculous how much more he is making than Paula...I dont blame Paula one bit for leaving, I'm sure she felt squeezed out by Kara coming on and she's really taken a lot of crap from everyone that she shouldn't have. I wish her luck and she's prob better off w/o the show. She can do better.

I'm not a fan of Kara. She really grated on my nerves.

I think Paula will be good on the dance show; however, I think it's ridiculous what they are all making. $3.5 Million is 3 times more than what I will make teaching 30 years.

Please no Paula on So you think you can dance!! LOL.. They have enough annoying personalities on that show...:)

I mean I LOVE the show, but Cat Deely has been driving me nuts lately and Little C and Mary Murphy just don't know when to shut up. Little C tries to use huge words when he is talking and he doesn't even use them in the correct context and Mary and her screaming... ugh I feel bad for poor Nigel sitting next to her...

elizabethfox said:
Please no Paula on So you think you can dance!! LOL.. They have enough annoying personalities on that show...:)

I mean I LOVE the show, but Cat Deely has been driving me nuts lately and Little C and Mary Murphy just don't know when to shut up. Little C tries to use huge words when he is talking and he doesn't even use them in the correct context and Mary and her screaming... ugh I feel bad for poor Nigel sitting next to her...

My DH and I tend to fast forward through everyone's comment's except Nigel's. Unless it is a performance that we look at each other and go "Wow!" The only time that has happened for us this season was the dance about cancer. I had tears streaming down my face and couldn't talk. I looked at DH and he was doing the same. That was so powerful!

I am glad that she is leaving she always looked like she was drunk and her eyes looked glazed over...

I love Paula! I want to squeeze her head off and dangle it from my rearview mirror...

I really will miss her! I loved all the flirting w/Simon, and her being the only kind person to the painfully awful performers. Her "First of all, let me say you look wonderful" was way better than "Dawg, that just wasn't ..."

She was AI's sensitive person, and I just can't see Katy Perry or that spice girl being that soft with people's feelings...

Related to Is Paula Abdul Leaving American Idol?

1. Why is Paula Abdul leaving American Idol?

Paula Abdul announced her departure from American Idol in August 2009 due to contract negotiations falling through. She stated that she was not offered a contract that she felt was fair and deserved.

2. Will Paula Abdul's departure affect the show?

It is possible that Paula Abdul's absence may have an impact on the dynamic of the show, as she has been a judge on American Idol since its inception in 2002. However, the show has successfully adapted to changes in the past and will continue to do so.

3. Who will replace Paula Abdul on American Idol?

As of now, there has been no official announcement on who will replace Paula Abdul on American Idol. Rumors have circulated about potential candidates, but nothing has been confirmed by the show or network.

4. Will Paula Abdul continue to work with Pampered Chef?

Yes, Paula Abdul will continue to work with Pampered Chef as an official spokesperson for the company. She has been a part of the Pampered Chef family since 2008 and has a strong passion for the brand and its products.

5. How can I keep up with Paula Abdul's career after leaving American Idol?

There are several ways to stay updated on Paula Abdul's career after leaving American Idol. You can follow her on social media, attend her live performances and events, or visit her official website for updates and announcements.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • chefjeanine