• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My Recruiter More Concerned with Her Own Success than My Success in PC?

In summary, Bradensmom is expressing her frustration with her recruiter. She feels that she is not being given the same level of attention as her directors and is concerned with getting ahead in the company. She is considering leaving PC and is looking for help finding a new company.
Braedensmom
I dont know if I should post this here or not, this is my first message, but I really need to vent before I open my mouth and shove my foot in it.
I have been w PC for 1 month now- I asked her (my recruiter is also a Sr. Director) questions about PC dollars last night- she made me feel like an dumba$$. She never returns emails, etc. It seems and she even stated that she is more concerned with getting her directors in order so she can make it to the executive team. I was soo excited and have been doing excellent in sales and shows and now the wind is totally out of my excited balloon. I feel why should I bust my butt to make her money? I am leaving state in May and just feel like she doesnt care at all- wow- I mean really took the wind out of my sails. Do I even say anything since I am leaving next month anyway. And what do you want to bet I wont get any information on who to get in touch with where I am moving. Grr....someone please give me some advice on this one. How can you have a successful team when your future directors are not going to make it past consultant without a good leader?

First, breathe. I would try talking to her outside of a meeting.

I agree with amy07, breathe. Don't let one bad apple spoil your business. This is a wonderful business, but sometimes we have to work and deal with people that can bring us down. Where are you moving too?? Check into hospitality clusters in the area you are moving too. I'm sure you will find one that will be supportive and help you to grow in your business. I would also talk to your recruiter she needs to know how she is comming across to you, it may just be her personality. We are all here to help and support each other so if you need help, please let us know.

i agreebreathe!
You can post on chefsuccess and ask for hospitality if necessary, but I would tell your director exactly what you said here...she needs to know that she is jeopardizing her future with PC if she is only focusing on a few members of her team. Ask her to please look into a hospitality director for where you are moving to and if she doesn't follow through, call HO and ask for their help. This site is FULL of helpful folks that can lend a hand if HO isn't helpful either.
Don't let one person, no matter what level they are in the company, ruin what you feel! Get that wind back in your sails and MOVE ON!;)

Thank youI just love PC..and I was sooo bummed...but better to vent before I approach her in anger and say something stupid. She's gonna flip when she sees at our cluster meeting next month that I am top in sales, in recruits, in number of shows- then I will clean out her directors store. HAHAHAHA. :rolleyes: Thanks ladies- I just love this site and at our meeting last night I gave the address to alot of ladies. Thanks again.

Aww, Bradensmom, I'm giving you a virtual hug. It's a shame this happened. Sounds like you're calming down, which is good. I agree with the others that taking her aside and talking to her is a really good idea.

What was your PC dollars question? Where will you be moving to? I bet you can get some of your questions answered here.

Don't forget to keep yourself focused on WHY you joined PC. Maybe your director was having a bad day.

Remember most importantly you are in this business for YOU not your director! You do not have to have her to be successfull - sounds like you have done great so far. Have a good director is nice, but you can succeed without one. And what better way to show her than to take all her top sales prizes at the meeting!!

I am sure you can find a hospitality group wherever you are moving too.

I would talk to her. Maybe she was having a bad day.

I wonder if the reason she acted aloof is because you are moving?
I was told by a former director that 'directors' are encouraged to only invest time & energy into those who are around you who are 'working the business hard'. Maybe since you are moving she is unsure of your interest & goals in PC. Just let her know what you need from her!

TwinGirlsMom said:
I was told by a former director that 'directors' are encouraged to only invest time & energy into those who are around you who are 'working the business hard'.

man, that's pretty lousy - even if it did come from a former director!:eek: Was she not in the business anymore? Kinda makes you wonder.......I mean I can understand to some point, but people might actually "work the business hard" if they had more support. Honestly, I've seen the opposite. Those who are/were working hard were told that they didn't need as much help/support, that they were doing fine on their own, and that the director needed to focus on just the new people. Guess it just depends!:confused: :confused:

Braedensmom said:
Do I even say anything since I am leaving next month anyway. And what do you want to bet I wont get any information on who to get in touch with where I am moving. Grr....someone please give me some advice on this one. How can you have a successful team when your future directors are not going to make it past consultant without a good leader?

The Home Office will set you up with Hospitality in your new area. Call them and let them know when and where you are moving and they should get you all fixed up. I will be sending good thoughts your way for a GREAT hospitality director!

Blessings~
Gail : )

Third Email to her no responseOkay- Ladies now I do think it is me- I've emailed her 3 times with no response. It was all calls and email a month ago when I started. BOOO on her!

It is a shame she hasn't contacted you and doesn't see the need to put forth the effort on you. Sounds to me like she will be kicking herself when she sees you are doing more than GREAT!

I do think sometimes we need to watch what we say or do, especially when new consultants start. I remember going to my cluster meeting over a year ago when a new consultant showed up. She had just signed up days before the meeting and was raring to go. She was so excited!! Her excitement caused a few consultants to pretty much make fun of her because of her excitement. Constantly telling her to calm down, or "I can't believe you are this excited" and etc. Let me tell you, we NEVER heard from her again. Our director tried several times to email and call her but she never returned any calls or emails. I would say the "wind in her sails" were sucked out so she quit before she even started. She also had several shows lined up that were never done.

Good luck!!

Good advice Ann - all of us need to try and stay focused on WHY we joined PC. I joined because I eventually want to be my own boss and be able to spend more time w/my children and hubby. Don't let others bog you down with their "stinkin thinkin" or rude behavior. Stay strong....

Frequently Asked Questions About "I Am Really Bummed About ...."

1. What products can help me with my feelings of being bummed out?

Answer: Our Mood Boosting Essential Oil Blend and Relaxing Lavender Neck Wrap are great options for promoting relaxation and a sense of calmness.

2. How can I incorporate cooking or baking into self-care when I'm feeling down?

Answer: Our Baking Therapy Cookbook offers delicious recipes that are not only comforting to make, but also provide a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction.

3. Are there any products that can help me de-stress after a long day?

Answer: Our Therapeutic Foot Massager and Microwaveable Deep Covered Baker are perfect for pampering yourself and relieving tension in your feet and body.

4. What are some easy meals I can make when I'm not feeling motivated to cook?

Answer: Our Quick Cooker and Quick Cooker Recipe Book offer simple and delicious meals that can be made in minutes, perfect for when you're not in the mood to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.

5. How can I use my Pampered Chef products to take care of myself mentally and emotionally?

Answer: Our Deluxe Air Fryer and Air Fryer Recipe Book offer healthier cooking options that can help boost your mood and promote overall wellness. Additionally, our Meal Prep Set can assist with planning and organizing meals, reducing stress and promoting a sense of control in your daily routine.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 11accold
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
chefann
  • sassypip
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies