• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is a minivan the new must-have luxury vehicle?

In summary, a woman is excited about her husband buying her a 2008 Chrysler Town & Country with many features including swivel seats and a table for the kids to play Jenga. She jokes about the stability of playing Jenga in a moving car and talks about her experience with Sirius satellite. The conversation then shifts to the unrealistic commercials for minivans and how the woman's son wants them to trade in their current car for a minivan.
DanielleQ
My husband just bought me a 2008 Chrysler Town & Country!! It is so beautiful!! It has those seats in the second row that swivel around and a table in the middle so the kids can play Jenga (that's what they do in the commercial) and do their homework...RIGHT!! Anyway, it's black with gray leather seats and EVERY option known to mankind! I even have SIRIUS satellite! How sad is it that I am so very excited about a MINIVAN? The times, they have a-changed!

Nice to hear you got your Christmas present early:)

That's exactly what it is!

That is super...enjoy every moment of it!

About the whole minivan thing...I think it's funny! I know I thought I would never have one. I still don't, but it was a close second choice to our Kia Sportage!! Now that we are thinking of having another child, I am wishing we WOULD have picked the minivan! LOL

That's so wonderful!
Congratulations!

DanielleQ said:
My husband just bought me a 2008 Chrysler Town & Country!! It is so beautiful!! It has those seats in the second row that swivel around and a table in the middle so the kids can play Jenga (that's what they do in the commercial) and do their homework...RIGHT!! Anyway, it's black with gray leather seats and EVERY option known to mankind! I even have SIRIUS satellite! How sad is it that I am so very excited about a MINIVAN? The times, they have a-changed!

Oh no.. not a mini-van! J/k... glad you like it! I wonder... how cool that table is to allow the space/time continuum to be stable, while driving, so one or two can play jenga... LOL... I know, silly thoughts from a silly mind.

We have sirius too... it's not part of the car though.. just Frankensteined in and actually, DS just whacked mine off with his violin the one day going to orchestra practice so my console sits in my cup holder but I love love love it! BTW, be prepared to be spoiled by Sirius... the kids love 105 Laugh Break and 116 Kidstuff... I love most the music from 14 through 26 or so.. depending on what's playing..

lkprescott said:
Oh no.. not a mini-van! J/k... glad you like it! I wonder... how cool that table is to allow the space/time continuum to be stable, while driving, so one or two can play jenga... LOL... I know, silly thoughts from a silly mind.
I had thought of that, too - there's no way ANY vehicle is stable enough while in motion to play a game of Jenga! Although a space/time continuum option would be great for those days when you have to be in 2 places at once!

chefann said:
I had thought of that, too - there's no way ANY vehicle is stable enough while in motion to play a game of Jenga! Although a space/time continuum option would be great for those days when you have to be in 2 places at once!

Or when you need to put two different kids in time out at the same time in the same place. *giggle*

Yeah, those unrealistic commercials always get to me... I already talk to the TV too much without their influence. LOL

I too always said I would NEVER drive a minivan, then after 2 kids and seeing those swivel seats with the 2 different tvs (yes, tv, not dvd players ..........how cool is that!?!) I want one!! hahaha

-E

That's the one we have! I cannot believe my boys can actually watch TV in the car and I don't have to worry about if I brought a DVD!

That's KG! Always watching out for cool things for his gals!
:D

Danielle since my oldest DS (8) has seen that commerical he wants us to trade in my Expedition for that Mini Van. Mind you I've not even had my car for a year yet. We told him if he wanted it that bad he would have to save his allowance and buy it. His response was "I wouldn't be able to do that until I was old like you and Dad!" :eek: Gotta love kids:love:

pamperedpals said:
Danielle since my oldest DS (8) has seen that commerical he wants us to trade in my Expedition for that Mini Van. Mind you I've not even had my car for a year yet. We told him if he wanted it that bad he would have to save his allowance and buy it. His response was "I wouldn't be able to do that until I was old like you and Dad!" :eek: Gotta love kids:love:

My 4 year old wants one, and cut a picture of it out of one of his NickJR magazine and stuck it on the fridge!! lol

I used to have a 1998 Town & Country mini van, fully loaded. I did not want it (we bought it used and it had 87,000 miles on it) and almost cried when we traded my car to get it. Then I absolutly fell in love with it. There was plenty of room for the kids and the video screen came in very handy on trips. I really enjoyed the smooth ride and the luxury of the vehicle, but when we had to put 2 transmissions into it within 3 years into it, we got rid of it. Of course, like I said it was a 1998, so hopefully they have the transmission issues worked out. I really liked it otherwise.

I got a honda odessy last year for Christmas. I really love it. Esp the dvd player. My 13 yr old son now wants the t&c b/c the seats swivel. Ever notice in the commercial that the dad goes from the passenger seat to the back seat playing with the kids? Does anyone other than me think that's weird? Why isn't the dad driving and giving mom a break, lol?

chrpangel said:
I got a honda odessy last year for Christmas. I really love it. Esp the dvd player. My 13 yr old son now wants the t&c b/c the seats swivel. Ever notice in the commercial that the dad goes from the passenger seat to the back seat playing with the kids? Does anyone other than me think that's weird? Why isn't the dad driving and giving mom a break, lol?
I think they did that because it's mom's idea to go for a family ride, and then the ad isn't playing into the stereotype that when the whole family (both parents) are going someplace, the man drives.

They'll need to make a follow-up ad with the family lost in the wilderness.Turning, ducking, holding hands over head.

Congrats Danielle....... what a nice early present.

Related to Is a minivan the new must-have luxury vehicle?

1. What are the best features of the new car or minivan?

The new car or minivan from Pampered Chef has many great features, including a spacious interior for maximum comfort, top-of-the-line safety features, and advanced technology for a smoother driving experience.

2. How much cargo space does the minivan have?

The exact amount of cargo space in the minivan may vary depending on the model, but on average, it can hold up to 150 cubic feet of cargo with the seats folded down.

3. Does the new car or minivan come with any added accessories?

Yes, the new car or minivan from Pampered Chef comes with a variety of added accessories, such as floor mats, cargo liners, and seat covers, to enhance your driving experience and keep your vehicle looking clean and new.

4. Can I customize the new car or minivan to fit my specific needs?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a range of customization options for the new car or minivan, including different color choices, interior features, and add-on accessories to make it the perfect fit for your lifestyle.

5. What is the warranty coverage for the new car or minivan?

The new car or minivan from Pampered Chef comes with a standard warranty coverage of 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. Additional extended warranty options are also available for purchase.

Back