• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Improve Your Mfp with These Helpful Suggestions | Coarse Food Chopper Tips

but if we had put it in a bowl, it would have been a lot chunkier.Second, provide open stock "bowls" (the clear bottom containers) with lids. This way a salsa, egg salad, or whatever can be made and stored with a lid while allowing the chopper to be used again and again with other recipes or products w/o using any other storage containers.The bowl idea is a good one. But I don't think anyone here can do anything about it :)Even the HO speakers at our launch said it should be called something different. :oI love the idea of the extra containers. Or even just a lid for the container we already have!Tonight, I
Barry Carlton
I have a couple of suggestions.

First, change the name to Coarse Food Chopper immediately!!!!!

Calling it a Food Processor will shoot ourselves in the foot IMHO. It is not a food processor due to the limitations it has....that being, just the ability to coarsely chop.

Second, provide open stock "bowls" (the clear bottom containers) with lids. This way a salsa, egg salad, or whatever can be made and stored with a lid while allowing the chopper to be used again and again with other recipes or products w/o using any other storage containers.

The bowl idea is a good one. But I don't think anyone here can do anything about it :)

Even the HO speakers at our launch said it should be called something different. :eek:

I love the idea of the extra containers. Or even just a lid for the container we already have!

Tonight, I used it to make Chili Lime Chicken Nachos.

I did the chicken first in it. It worked great, but only after I divided the chicken into one cup qtys. I put two cups of chicken in there first, and it wouldn't chop it all. I had to take one cup out. This was chicken that I'd cooked and de-boned on Friday, so it was in smallish pieces.

Then, I threw in half of a yellow pepper, half of a red pepper, a garlic clove, a handful of cilantro, and about 1/3 of a red onion. That worked beautifully!

i think they said that all 3 parts of the MFP will be available for replacement parts. So you could order multiple bowls

At least swap out "manual" for "mini." Manual makes me think of working up a sweat. When I used it today, I thought it needed a lid for the bowl so I could store the leftover half of what I made. The other little food processor I have has a lid. I would think they would have really compared to other products on the market. Maybe they were trying to keep the price point below $50. Can't wait for the chart that's to come on CC comparing it to the food chopper.

Call Home Office and give them your ideas. I would love to sell bowls and lids

There is the e-mail on CC for new product suggestions. You can simply e-mail the idea. Which by the way is an excellent one! If enough of us do it, they will usually listen. I did half an onion and two Roma Tomatoes that I did cut down to fit but I think I did 5 pushes for the onion then added the tomato and no I did not cut it down into small chunks. I literally added 1/2" slices and up it went in about 10 pushes and it was really fine. In fact, I added it to some left over chili and Pat never noticed! He hates big chunks of onion especially. So... But cooked, cold chicken would be quite a bit tougher I would think.

Wouldn't it make sense to cross-sell with the prep-bowls? You already have great bowls with lids. They can use the 1-cup if it's a little, or 2-cup if it's a lot. I do like the idea of getting an extra bowl if I wanted to make a couple of things. But I wouldn't store the leftovers in the bowl. it would be "in use" if I wanted to use it again.I do think the name could be different, but honestly, if it contained "food chopper" I think it could be confusing. I am constantly getting the measuring cups all mixed up! :D

Barry Carlton said:
I have a couple of suggestions. First, change the name to Coarse Food Chopper immediately!!!!! Calling it a Food Processor will shoot ourselves in the foot IMHO. It is not a food processor due to the limitations it has....that being, just the ability to coarsely chop.
I have to disagree with your statement above. I have used the MFP for several recipes today, and it did much more than "coarsely chop" .... so that name really wouldn't work. I made sorbet (which was completely smooth - no coarse chunks at all), salsa (we like ours in the smallest possible pieces - and that's how we got it), I even made applesauce. It worked fine for all of these things that I usually would have used a food processor to make.I agree that there is a definite need for a lid - my hope is that they will rectify this immediately, as the cost to produce a lid for this has to be only pennies. It would make a huge difference in sell-ability.

We made the salsa today at our meeting and trust me, we got the salsa nice and fine because we passed it around (there were only 4 of us). Then we remade it so it wasn't so fine.I do like the idea of the lids and extra bowls! Send an email to HO, that might be something they can add it for another season.

Nep2nfly said:
I have to disagree with your statement above. I have used the MFP for several recipes today, and it did much more than "coarsely chop" .... so that name really wouldn't work. I made sorbet (which was completely smooth - no coarse chunks at all), salsa (we like ours in the smallest possible pieces - and that's how we got it), I even made applesauce. It worked fine for all of these things that I usually would have used a food processor to make.

I agree that there is a definite need for a lid - my hope is that they will rectify this immediately, as the cost to produce a lid for this has to be only pennies. It would make a huge difference in sell-ability.

Hi Nancy,
Do you have the recipe for the apple sauce. I would love to try that in the MFP.

Thanks,
Cris

wadesgirl said:
We made the salsa today at our meeting and trust me, we got the salsa nice and fine because we passed it around (there were only 4 of us). Then we remade it so it wasn't so fine.

I do like the idea of the lids and extra bowls! Send an email to HO, that might be something they can add it for another season.

I believe the literature said that all parts of this item will be available on the Replacements Order Form so we can get extra bowls - I'd love to see it for sale in the catalog though (commission!) and I do agree that a lid would be awesome!

BethCooks4U said:
I believe the literature said that all parts of this item will be available on the Replacements Order Form so we can get extra bowls - I'd love to see it for sale in the catalog though (commission!) and I do agree that a lid would be awesome!

Yah that's my thought, we need to make money on those!!

esavvymom said:
Wouldn't it make sense to cross-sell with the prep-bowls? You already have great bowls with lids. They can use the 1-cup if it's a little, or 2-cup if it's a lot. I do like the idea of getting an extra bowl if I wanted to make a couple of things. But I wouldn't store the leftovers in the bowl. it would be "in use" if I wanted to use it again.

I do think the name could be different, but honestly, if it contained "food chopper" I think it could be confusing. I am constantly getting the measuring cups all mixed up!

:D

I agree! I plan to cross-sell our prep bowls. I wouldn't want to store things in the MFP, because then what if I decided I needed it for something else? I'd then have to transfer things and then wash it, etc. Plus, if you get food out of the MFP right away, I imagine it's going to be the easiest time to rinse it out/wash it. Plus, if you don't have the MFP filled all the way, it's nicer to go down in size with what you have to fit into your fridge. ;)

When we made our salsa, we used 9 serranos and 3 romas. We transferred it to the 2 cup prep bowl...perfect size for serving and storing. At a show, I'll use an SA piece...but for the home it's the prep bowl. I agree with Amanda...think it'll be a pain to clean if left with food for too long...especially along the line marks.

Thinking aloud....and not thoroughly...
I may buy a couple of bowls for shows as it would be more time efficient...however, it would not be realistic as our customers wouldn't have the option....unless it's 2 separate recipes, I suppose. However, if you rinse right away...it is easy to clean up, and we could show our guests that rather than use another bowl. I'd love to be able to sell additional bowls, but then imagine storing would not be fun. Take up lots of room since they wouldn't nest or fold flat like many of our tools right now. I don't currently remember to use my salad/berry spinner because it is so big and stored waaay in the back! lol

I like that the MFP is small and compact enough to take little room....it won't take much counter space and thus be available at all times, but then I also would like it larger so I wouldn't have to transfer between jobs for the larger batches. lol

I think I'll keep playing with the MFP, trying to maximize the benefits and versatility and minimize the time and effort...I'm pretty sure that once I understand and use it for a bit, I'll be in love....I already love that I can make dips, fine dices, and ices! We'll be playing with it to see if we can use to make our own baby food too...so, if any of you have recipes...send my way!

For those who have been using it, how do you think it would do for people who want to prep their own babyfood? What types of things would or wouldn't work do you think? I personally wouldn't use it for that reason, but I wonder if it would be a good selling point.

Does anyone have an electric food processor that came with a little recipe book? I'd be curious to see what they have and then try it with the MFP and see how it goes. We can tweak those recipes and then put together little booklets of recipes from what we all share here and then give those out like we do w/ the DCB book. :)

Barry Carlton said:
I have a couple of suggestions.
.... provide open stock "bowls" (the clear bottom containers) with lids. This way a salsa, egg salad, or whatever can be made and stored with a lid while allowing the chopper to be used again and again with other recipes or products w/o using any other storage containers.

woohoo! on the replacement parts list, the "vessel" is available for $15........

I don't have my MFP yet, is it worth it? Barry's right that it should have a lid (but one could use those little bowl covers that look like mini shower caps.).....and it would be nice if it was a commisionable item...

still and all, a great idea and a way we can use it.

DebinNC said:
For those who have been using it, how do you think it would do for people who want to prep their own babyfood? What types of things would or wouldn't work do you think? I personally wouldn't use it for that reason, but I wonder if it would be a good selling point.

I'm into the baby food stage :), and yes, it's been great! I don't do meat in anything except my actual baby food grinder, because my baby still needs it very finely pureed.
But I've done a combo of potatoes and carrots, and it was super! You just keep pumping the mixture until it's smooth enough.
I also did cooked peas recently... it didn't turn into a total mush, but homemade peas usually wouldn't.

DebinNC said:

I think it is great for the transition foods. All of the other products on the marked completely puree the foods, which is great when you are first starting them on solids, but there is a point where you need to start the babies on some texture, but not just small chunks and this is perfect, especially b/c you can do a little for big chunks of pump a few more times for fine texture. I don't think you will ever get the "stage 1" type food out of the MFP, but it would be "Stage 2 or 3" up to table food.
One consultant at our mtg tonight said she had a baby and thought it was great for taking to restaurants to process table food right there so you could feed baby what you are having. I thought this was awesome!!!!!

The lid from a set of 3 tupperware bowl fits perfectly for storing ! It will leak if turned upside down.

Question 1: What is an Mfp?

An Mfp, or multifunctional pan, is a versatile cookware item that can be used for various cooking methods such as sautéing, frying, roasting, and baking. It typically has a non-stick surface and can be used on stovetops, in ovens, and even on grills.

Question 2: What are some suggestions for using an Mfp?

There are endless possibilities for using an Mfp, but some popular suggestions include making one-pan meals such as stir-fries or sheet pan dinners, cooking breakfast foods like pancakes and eggs, and baking delicious desserts like brownies and cakes.

Question 3: Can I use metal utensils with my Mfp?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils with an Mfp as they can scratch the non-stick surface. Instead, opt for silicone, plastic, or wooden utensils to preserve the integrity of your pan.

Question 4: How do I clean and care for my Mfp?

To clean your Mfp, hand wash it with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. Avoid using harsh chemicals or scouring pads as they can damage the non-stick coating. Allow the pan to cool before cleaning and never place it in the dishwasher. To prolong the life of your Mfp, avoid using metal utensils, cooking spray, and high heat.

Question 5: Can I use my Mfp in the oven?

Yes, most Mfps are safe to use in the oven up to a certain temperature. However, it is important to check the manufacturer's instructions for the specific model you have to ensure it is oven-safe. Always use oven mitts when handling the pan, as the handles can get hot in the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mom4angela
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
hselby87
  • leftymac
  • Products and Tips
2 3