• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Can Replace Chili Lime Rub in Mango Confetti Salsa?

In summary, if you don't have chili lime rub, you can use a combination of chili powder, lime zest, and salt as a substitute. You can also make your own chili lime rub at home by combining these ingredients and adjusting the ratios to your liking. Our Pampered Chef chili lime rub is gluten-free, but always check the label for any dietary restrictions. It's best to store your chili lime rub in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. And, you can use chili lime rub on a variety of foods besides chili, such as chicken, fish, vegetables, and even popcorn. Get creative and enjoy the flavorful seasoning!
stayinathomemama
Gold Member
I know I shouldn't post this twice but I'm desperate and really hope someone will read this and offer a suggestion....

HELP! I had a customer request that we do the Mango Confetti Salsa (because she tried it somewhere & loved it). I've been pretty inactive for the last couple of months and just realized that I don't have everything that I need for this party. I can work with not having the two wedgers, but don't know how I can substitute the Chili Lime Rub. Any suggestions? .... BTW, the party's in 4 hours!

I forgot to add it on Sunday for a reunion and it was fine. It did miss a little extra to it but nobody noticed.

wadesgirl said:
I forgot to add it on Sunday for a reunion and it was fine. It did miss a little extra to it but nobody noticed.

OK... good. I was hoping that might be the case.... I guess I'll just go with it.

If you have a citrus press, you could maybe just squeeze a little lime juice over it?

Teresa LM said:
If you have a citrus press, you could maybe just squeeze a little lime juice over it?

The recipe already calls for lime.

I was thinking maybe just a little chili powder over it?

Ahhh, I've never made it, so I didn't know it already had the lime.

I'd use a quarter tsp of chili powder and zest an extra lime. Just the zest, it'd be too juicy with the extra juice.

Yup. Lime zest and chili powder. Maybe a little smoked paprika, too.

I make this at most every shows and never put the chili lime on it.. if I remember it I set it next to it and tell them they can sprinkle some on theirs if they want it

1. What can I use as a substitute for chili lime rub?

If you don't have chili lime rub, you can try using a combination of chili powder, lime zest, and salt as a substitute. You can also try using taco seasoning or a mix of cumin, paprika, and lime juice as alternatives.

2. Can I make my own chili lime rub at home?

Yes, you can make your own chili lime rub at home by combining chili powder, lime zest, salt, and any other desired seasonings. You can also adjust the ratios to fit your personal taste preferences.

3. Is chili lime rub gluten-free?

Our Pampered Chef chili lime rub is gluten-free, but it's always important to check the ingredients label if you have any specific dietary restrictions or allergies. If you're making your own chili lime rub at home, make sure to use gluten-free ingredients.

4. How should I store my chili lime rub?

It's best to store your chili lime rub in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. This will help preserve its flavor and quality. If you're making your own chili lime rub at home, you can store it in a spice jar or airtight container in your pantry.

5. Can I use chili lime rub on other foods besides chili?

Absolutely! Chili lime rub can be used on a variety of foods such as chicken, fish, vegetables, and even popcorn for a tasty and flavorful seasoning. Feel free to experiment and get creative with how you use your chili lime rub.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thehaleykitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • stayinathomemama
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Tracy99
Replies