• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Howdy From a New...er...old Member From the Gold Country!

In summary, the speaker discovered Pampered Chef while looking for ways to earn extra income as a stay-at-home mom and cover up gray hairs. They fell in love with the company after using their chopper and realizing they could have fun selling their products. They have been with Pampered Chef for over a year and have improved their skills in the kitchen, gaining confidence and creativity. Their family enjoys being taste testers for new recipes. The speaker is excited to turn their Pampered Chef hobby into a full-time business and share their experiences and knowledge with others.
BeaLorene
Hello! Well, I was going to introduce myself as a 'new' member, but I guess I must honestly say that I must be an 'old member' since I have already gain so much knowledge from this wonderful site when I first began with PC over a year ago. So, I guess it is time to give a little bit of background of this silent 'old' member. I'm a SAHM from Northern California who discovered some extra free time when my ds began to drive and I was no longer needed as the 'mommy taxi' and decided to join up with PC to earn some extra income. I also now need extra money for my extra visits to my hair stylist to cover up the 'mother of a teenage son driver' gray...:) I'm still trying to figure out how those appeared so fast! Anyway, I truly fell in love with PC after I received my first chopper and used it for the first time on onions. I then and there decided that this truly was something that I could sell! And so began my PC journey...I have had so much fun in being in this biz and have surprised myself in all that I have learned by being a with PC. I was not a natural in the kitchen. My own mother was surprised with my decision. Everyone thought that I hated to cook. I just hated boring cooking and now that is definately not a problem. My dh and kids love being my taste testers...even during the Power Cooking Chicken over rice every night week, but they enjoy it more when I'm testing the browinie recipes...:) I'm excited to bump up my business from hobby mode to full time. I have gained so much from this site!Thank you all for being such an encouraging and sharing community even for the many who might not have sign on yet and shared their 'thanks'! I'm looking forward to not being 'invisible' any longer.:)

Having fun with PC in sunny...uh...rainy California!

BeaLorene

Welcome BeaLorene!!! I hope you enjoy our crazy group here. AND being a consultant. It's the best decision I know I have ever made!! Have a blast!:)

Welcome BeaLorene!! No rain in SoCal. :) My sister took me to SODA Springs on my first ski trip, your pix reminded me of that.

Welcome to the dark side. ;)

icon_welcome.gif

Welcome to CS!

Hi BeaLorene! Welcome to CS and PC! Glad to have you here! :)

Thank you all for the friendly hellos! It's so nice to feel welcomed, even if it only might be to the dark side. :)
Addie, it's now hailing up here and has been trying to snow...and yesterday I was thinking it was Spring and thinking of starting my gardening, or plant torture as my dh might call it.:eek: Let's just say I don't have a green thumb and thank goodness we have God's natural landscaping in my neck of the woods. The picture in my avatar is my dh and I at Alpine Meadows...just the next hill over from Soda Springs. My ds was on a ski team for the past few years and Sugar Bowl in Soda Springs was one of the weekly treks for my 'mommy taxi'. And it's one of my favorite places. I guess I'm just a mountain gal.

Thanks again for the warm and dark welcome for this fellow crazy consultant.:chef: I'm off to watch Emma with my dd while dh takes a nap:indif: ..We've been on a Jane Austen kick lately.

Blessings~
:chef: BeaLorene

You know what is really crazy... you've been around and see all of the nuts on here and yet you STILL want to come out and play. Yep, your officially a wacko (but so are lots of the rest of us, so you're in good company!). WELCOME!!!

Welcome to CS and keep having fun with your business!! It's great, isn't it?!!

katie0128 said:
You know what is really crazy... you've been around and see all of the nuts on here and yet you STILL want to come out and play. Yep, your officially a wacko (but so are lots of the rest of us, so you're in good company!). WELCOME!!!

Sooo, I'm a wacko now, eh?:) My kids always did think that I came from a crazy family...now for my dh...he KNOWS I come from a crazy family! :) My sisters like to think of us as being more 'eccentric'. And in all reality, I believe that I am the normal one! I guess you all will just have to wait and form your own opinions of my sanity.:D

None of us around here are wealthy enough to be eccentric, so we're just crazy.
jump31.gif

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
None of us around here are wealthy enough to be eccentric, so we're just crazy.

jump31.gif

Well, after a quick peek at my bank account, I guess I'm back to just being plain crazy...:rolleyes: At least I'm in good company!:balloon:

Is Them Thar Hills anywhere close to Donner Summit?

Yup, they are. We're actually heading up to the summit tommorrow.

Cool! I've got a great photo to share with you of me driving across the Rainbow Bridge, but the server is currently down. I'll probably post it while your up there!

KG, that is a beautiful picture! Is that your car on the bridge?

Yup - that's Sonja. Can't you see me driving her?

KG,

What a cool picture! That's one of my favorite spots. Of course, right now it's all snowy. And that's the Donner Party site at the far side of the lake. It's amazing to see how high the snow got when they got stuck. So, when were you on this side of the world?

The photo was taken during the 2003 Lincoln Highway 90th Anniversary Cross Country Tour. 54 of us, in 23 cars, started out in Times Square and drove the Lincoln Highway to Land's End, in Lincoln Park, San Francisco.Sonja was the oldest car on the tour, we had a few more pre-war cars and several from the '50s and '60s.There were also several cars driven by people who couldn't drive the entire tour, but traveled with us for a day or two, including a stunning '58 Lincoln Convertible, complete with a continental kit. Sonja chugged up that last ¼ mile of Donner Lake Road in first gear, at about 15 mph. The string of cars behind me was pretty long, but as you know, there is no where to pull over to let anyone pass, a problem that plagued drivers until I-80 opened. (Which is why there was an alternate route of the Lincoln Highway through Altamont Pass.)

I typically don't care much about cars, but Sonja is a beauty.

I went out to the garage to tell her that.She said, "Aaaaah-OOOOOO-ga!"

KG, wow..That must have been a fun trip in your pretty little Sonja! My mom remembers going on old 40 in the, well, early 40's from Chicago to Sacramento when she was just a little girl. She spent the time going over the Sierra's laying on the back floor. She kept thinking that they were going to drive off the mountain. :eek: We noticed that the old Historical 40 signs started popping up around here and town a few years back. We have a few classic cars from the 60's and I could only imagine what fun it would be to travel the whole highway. But, of course, our cars aren't as cute as Sonja...ours are more like boats.:)

Highway 40, out east anyway, is known as The National Road. through Virginia and West Virginia, US 40 follows the same route that the National Road followed as the nation expanded into the far west: like Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee.The Lincoln Highway was America's first paved coast-to-coast highway. It was the brainchild of Carl Fisher, who made his fortune making gas headlights for automobiles. (He was also part of the consortium that built the Indianapolis Speedway and started the race. He also founded and developed Miami Beach, and proposed The Dixie Highway to get people there.) The Lincoln Highway Association was founded in 1912, the route was laid out in 1913 and the LHA spent a great deal of time and effort to educate Americans on the need for good roads. A dizzying array of named highways soon followed.In 1919, the U.S. Army ran the first motorized military convoy from Washington, D.C. to San Francisco. It joined the Lincoln Highway at Gettysburg, PA and followed the route to San Francisco.In 1926, the US Government took over control of a federal highway system and all named roads were banned. Today's familiar numbering system went into effect at that time: even numbers go east-west and odd numbers go north-south.There was a young Lieutenant Colonel on that 1919 Army convoy - Lt. Col. Dwight D. Eisenhower, and the trials of that 2 month journey across the US staryed with him through his military career. General Eisenhower, supreme commander of allied forces in Europe, learned a lesson in logistics from the German Wermacht, quickly moving war materiel on the Autobahn. President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed the Interstate Highway Act into law in 1955 and today, no one can even imagine what life would be like without the I-System.But it all owes everything to Carl Fisher, who raised a toast in 1912: "A highway across the United States, let's built it while we're still young enough to enjoy it!"

BeaLorene said:
Thank you all for the friendly hellos! It's so nice to feel welcomed, even if it only might be to the dark side. :)
Addie, it's now hailing up here and has been trying to snow...and yesterday I was thinking it was Spring and thinking of starting my gardening, or plant torture as my dh might call it.:eek: Let's just say I don't have a green thumb and thank goodness we have God's natural landscaping in my neck of the woods. The picture in my avatar is my dh and I at Alpine Meadows...just the next hill over from Soda Springs. My ds was on a ski team for the past few years and Sugar Bowl in Soda Springs was one of the weekly treks for my 'mommy taxi'. And it's one of my favorite places. I guess I'm just a mountain gal.

Thanks again for the warm and dark welcome for this fellow crazy consultant.:chef: I'm off to watch Emma with my dd while dh takes a nap:indif: ..We've been on a Jane Austen kick lately.

Blessings~
:chef: BeaLorene

Hi BeaLorene!

It's amazing that we're in the same state and the weather can be drastically different. My sister was a SoCal girl but moved to Sac after high school and Graduated from Sac State, now she's totally Northern Girl. When she comes down she makes fun of me when I'm cold and says "this is nothing!" Same with hot weather. Anyway, I see you're getting the warm welcome from KG our resident CS guru along with Ann and a few others. You'll like it here most of the time. ;) Glad you're here!

Great pix KG! Hadn't seen Sonja before, lovely car. I owned a 66 Mustang when I was in College and loved it, too bad everyone thought it was a bumper car and kept rear-ending me! :cry: Dummy I sold it for $600 after it was all banged up, one of my biggest regrets.

Yeah, I understand. My high school sweetheart had a '66 'Stang, too, and even though it only had the little 6 in it, I wanted to buy the car when she was done with it - but first she dumped me then she dumped the car, and not together. I've had a number of those "I shouldda kept my..." but the one I regret the most was a Cougar. Well, that and my 1930 Town Sedan and two different Mustang convertibles and a Roadster...

... and probably just about every other car you have ever sold!

Then there was my '66 Fairlane...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Yeah, I understand. My high school sweetheart had a '66 'Stang, too, and even though it only had the little 6 in it, I wanted to buy the car when she was done with it - but first she dumped me then she dumped the car, and not together. I've had a number of those "I shouldda kept my..." but the one I regret the most was a Cougar. Well, that and my 1930 Town Sedan and two different Mustang convertibles and a Roadster...

I need an envy smiley here!!! You've had all of those cool cars??!!! Wow!! I don't feel so bad now. Maybe some day I'll get another Mustang after my kids are out of the house and I can afford it. :) You can't get one for $1500 anymore. That's how much mine cost me and it was in GOOD condition, got it from an older gentleman...

Well, we won't talk about the Mavericks.

Welcome BeaLorene! Who's cluster are you in? I'm in Elk Grove, but I work in El Dorado Hills.... which falls into that category of between Sac and Tahoe :)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Well, we won't talk about the Mavericks.
We never do. We're Kings fans.:D

Addie4TLC said:
Hi BeaLorene!

It's amazing that we're in the same state and the weather can be drastically different. My sister was a SoCal girl but moved to Sac after high school and Graduated from Sac State, now she's totally Northern Girl. When she comes down she makes fun of me when I'm cold and says "this is nothing!" Same with hot weather. Anyway, I see you're getting the warm welcome from KG our resident Chef Success guru along with Ann and a few others. You'll like it here most of the time. ;) Glad you're here!

Hello Addie!

Spring is finally springing (or sprunging :eek:) here! I love this time of year. The wildflowers and trees are flowering, but the weeds are holding back. It unfortunately means the beginning of allergy season. We're the Allergy Capitol of the US...if you don't have 'em when you move here...you will soon!:rolleyes: I'm actually a transplant from SoCal. We moved up here in the early 70's from Orange County. I remember there still being orange groves and lima bean fields across from our neighborhood. :)

PampChefJoy said:
Welcome BeaLorene! Who's cluster are you in? I'm in Elk Grove, but I work in El Dorado Hills.... which falls into that category of between Sac and Tahoe :)
Hello Joy~
Hey, I've used your lovely newsletters when I first started with PC. I'm thinking that I need to rejoin. I just can't make them as nice as you and I think my customers are missing the pretty ones.:) It's nice to put a face (or should I say 'post') with the newsletters. :) I'm in Marcella Kvick's cluster (3rd line). Are you going to the Regional Training? Which reminds me, I still need to register...:chef: Enjoy our lovely weather..remember to pack that Claritin with ya!:rolleyes:

I'm in Marcella's 2nd line. No, I'm not going to regional training... I'm 98% retired at this point. I have no time left to do cooking shows anymore -- spend all my time on the computer making flyers and newsletters lol.

Oh, and I take Allegra year-round... gotta love living in the valley.

Welcome!! :chef:

So, Joy, I guess your job now is to 'pamper' us pampered cheffers and to make us look good, eh? :D You're doing a great job, too! And I guess we are cluster sisters, too.:)

Hello, Heather! Thanks for the welcome...I love this site! :balloon:

[/QUOTE]
Hello Addie!

Spring is finally springing (or sprunging :eek:) here! I love this time of year. The wildflowers and trees are flowering, but the weeds are holding back. It unfortunately means the beginning of allergy season. We're the Allergy Capitol of the US...if you don't have 'em when you move here...you will soon!:rolleyes: I'm actually a transplant from SoCal. We moved up here in the early 70's from Orange County. I remember there still being orange groves and lima bean fields across from our neighborhood. :)[/QUOTE]

Hi again!

I work in Orange County two days a week and everyone talks about when there used to be real orange groves, strawberries and other crops all around. Now ofcourse it's all paved and filling up fast.

My mom took my kids 10 & 11 to visit my sister for a week in Sac since they're on Spring Break. They were looking forward to spending some time up north, this is the first time they're off without us. Feels weird to be alone with the hubby. :eek: :D

I feel for you if you get allergies, my husband gets them and they're not fun.

When my kids were younger they would go on trips with their grandparents either to Washington or down to your part of the state to visit my sis. It always did seem so strange to be without them. Now is the time to look at your hubby and say 'Hi! Remember me?':D If you are like us, your main topic of conversation will be the kids...:) I can tell you that they are going to have beautiful weather while they are up here.:balloon:

Happy Easter!:angel:

BeaLorene said:
Addie4TLC said:
Spring is finally springing (or sprunging :eek:) here! I love this time of year.
I'm glad for you - we have about 15" of spring on the ground right now, and it's still springing. It's okay, though, I have a big springblower on the front of my tractor.

Very funny...:cool:

1. How did you discover Pampered Chef?

I discovered Pampered Chef when I was looking for ways to earn some extra income as a stay-at-home mom. I also wanted to have some extra money for my visits to the hair stylist to cover up those pesky "mother of a teenage son driver" gray hairs.

2. What made you fall in love with Pampered Chef?

It was the first time I used the chopper and saw how easily it chopped onions. I knew then and there that this was something I could sell and have fun doing it.

3. How long have you been with Pampered Chef?

I have been with Pampered Chef for over a year now. I started as a hobby, but now I am looking to make it a full-time business.

4. How has being a member of Pampered Chef helped you improve in the kitchen?

Before joining Pampered Chef, I was not a natural in the kitchen. My own mother was surprised with my decision to join. But now, I have learned so much and have become more confident and creative in the kitchen. My family loves being my taste testers, especially when I am testing out new brownie recipes.

5. What are you most excited about in your Pampered Chef journey?

I am excited to take my Pampered Chef business from hobby mode to full-time. I have gained so much from this community and I am grateful for all the support and encouragement from everyone. I am also looking forward to no longer being "invisible" and being able to share my experiences and knowledge with others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cheryl Dodge
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Patricia A Tana
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Deb Hagen