• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How has selling Pampered Chef changed since 2000?

In summary, Laura used to sell Pampered Chef back in 2000, but got out of it to concentrate on her son, since he was in that toddler stage and his dad wasn't in the picture much at the time. She recently started selling Pampered Chef again to supplement her income and is now getting calls from customers wanting to hold fundraisers.
hoosierchef
I used to sell Pampered Chef back in 2000, but got out of it to concentrate on my son, since he was in that toddler stage and his dad wasn't in the picture much at the time.

Well, now my son is a busy 8 yo who regularly goes to his dad's everyother weekend and then his grandparents when we can squeeze them in between his sports and his dads. So, I decided to sell PC again to supplement my income as well as hopefully introduce me to new people since we moved last July. Well Things have CERTAINLY changed! LOL

Before, I had NEVER done a fundraiser. Now I've completed one, Kicking another one off next week, and get this!!!!! I just had a call from a Customer at one of my first shows wanting to schedule a fundraiser show for her and her sorority sisters (older group of ladies). I couldn't believe it!!

Hopefully this is a good sign that PC is right for me this time and my success will go up!!!! :D

Thanks for reading.....I just had to share!

Congrats! I bet the business is a lot easier to do now with the website, PP, personal sites, etc! I don't know how anyone did it before all that!

gilliandanielle said:
Congrats! I bet the business is a lot easier to do now with the website, PP, personal sites, etc! I don't know how anyone did it before all that!

You are right! The website is great and I love the new P3. We had Pampered Partner back then, but it wasn't anything as good as P3. It's funny though, while so much has changed.......many things have stayed the same.

The one biggest difference I enjoy is being able to contact HO using an 800 number!! :eek: Can you believe they didn't used to offer that to customers or consultants?? Only Directors had access. I'm excited to go to conference hopefully this year! When I was selling back in 2000, they had just introduced plans for the new Headquarters! I'm anxious to see the "new" headquarters!! LOL

P3Am I the only one who can not get used to P3. I can not get used to "clicking around" with the mouse to load a show. With Pampered Partner navigating through the program was a breeze. Someone needs to sell me on this new program. I've gone back to the old version. (I work with a computer at my day job and feel I can adapt to change-Tell me what was wrong with what we were using.

YAY! I'm hoping it goes well for you this time and you love it!

I started the first time around in '99... just re-signed last January.
I totally agree with you that lots has changed, but lots has stayed the same! Remember our old wooden crates that we had to hammer together?! Now these new whippersnappers get these black fancy totes! :D
Believe me, it's SO much easier to get your business off with a bang the 2nd go-round. You'll do great! :)

OMG wooden totes!!?? You are dating yourself Laura, LOL!

I know... LOL They were horrible. I got a splinter. :*( :D

And I complain about my plastic crate and my new consultant tote! That new black one is SO easy to overfill!!

Show 2 Go, baby! Rolling totes are your friend! :D

I will have $200 PC dollars coming in a few weeks when I promote, so I am thinking about it. I like having my stuff in the black tote and having the red crate for dirty dishes & food. It is so easy to just grab the crate when I come home beat and know there is nothing molding in my car, LOL!

I use the show to go and usually wash dishes at my host's house.

But when I don't, they come home in the crate. The crate fits right in teh back pocket of the rolling cart when folded.

I used to wash dishes at the host's house but felt like I was there forever. Then I would come home and throw everything in the dishwasher anyway... I am loving cleaning up between taking orders and throwing all the dirties in my crate to be packed in my car. In and out in 3-4 hours including prep!!

I tell the guests as we're closing that I'll give FREE SHIPPING to the first person that tells me they want to wash all of my dishes. Works every time, and sometimes I've had ladies arguing over who said it first! LOL
Worth the $4 to me to be able to not do the yucky dishes!

Pampered Laura said:
I tell the guests as we're closing that I'll give FREE SHIPPING to the first person that tells me they want to wash all of my dishes. Works every time, and sometimes I've had ladies arguing over who said it first! LOL
Worth the $4 to me to be able to not do the yucky dishes!

LOVE IT! May have to try that the next time I don't feel like washing. :)

That is such a great idea Laura! I absolutely HATE washing dishes (no dishwasher at home -- but have been known to use my neighbors!)... I might have to do that!

Okay, ladies--I'm off to bed.

Good night!

GourmetGirl said:
That is such a great idea Laura! I absolutely HATE washing dishes (no dishwasher at home -- but have been known to use my neighbors!)... I might have to do that!
Happy to help a fellow chica who hates dishes! :cool:
Night Deb! :D

If we had $4 shipping I would...but it isn't worth the $11+ average shipping rate! Speaking of packing I haven't even started getting my cattys or kit ready for my show tomorrow! I guess I know what I am doing in the morning!

Hey Gillian, I'm in the same boat...do I get ready tonight or sleep and get ready between shopping and driving kids around tomorrow....Hmmm

I am doing my cattys and kit packing tomorrow, and I hit Fred Meyer this morning for the ingredients... at least I get to stay home tomorrow! Even my show is at my neighbor's a few houses down!

I can't believe how light it is at night with the daylight savings time!! It is so weird to put my kids to bed at 8pm in March and have it be kinda light still!!

I remember the all night daylight!!
gilliandanielle said:
I am doing my cattys and kit packing tomorrow, and I hit Fred Meyer this morning for the ingredients... at least I get to stay home tomorrow! Even my show is at my neighbor's a few houses down!

I can't believe how light it is at night with the daylight savings time!! It is so weird to put my kids to bed at 8pm in March and have it be kinda light still!!

Gillian,

I can remember as little girl asking my mom "Why do we have to go to bed now? It's still light out!"

Then lots and lots of years later I went back for my grandparents 50th and my husband who doesn't wear a watch and can tell you what time it is was at a loss as to the time there. One evening we are outside at my Aunts house and he thinks it's around 6 pm well I looked at my watch and it was 10 pm!!! This was in July.

Aaahhh the fond memories of growing up in Alaska, or at least until I was in the 4th grade.

Hey Gillian, I have been to Alaska!! My sister was stationed there and visited twice!! It was weird! Except I came both times in the winter, when it's mostly dark all day!!

This is also my second time around with PC, and I am loving it, and I know this time is the RIGHT time!!

I have several potential recruits, and last time, I didn't even focus on recruiting!!

Gil,

I meant to pack yesterday too. So here I am packing this morning. I hate doing that. Stresses me out. I have to look at EVERYTHING cuz this is my first cooking show of the new season.

I have a show tomorrow, too, so tonight I'll come home and unload and repack. Too bad they're doing different recipes, otherwise it wouldn't be a big deal!

Pampered Laura said:
I started the first time around in '99... just re-signed last January.
I totally agree with you that lots has changed, but lots has stayed the same! Remember our old wooden crates that we had to hammer together?! Now these new whippersnappers get these black fancy totes! :D
Believe me, it's SO much easier to get your business off with a bang the 2nd go-round. You'll do great! :)

Thanks Laura! I can't say that I had a Wooden crate. Maybe they introduced the Red Crates in between? LOL I have two of the Red Crates and am definitely thinking about ordering the Rolling tote! Hopefully I'll be getting some more PC dollars before the end of my 90 days.

I LOVE THE IDEA ABOUT THE DISHES!! I would have never thought about that and I ABSOLUTELY HATE DOING THEM! (Even at home! I don't have a dishwasher, other than me! LOL) I may have to try this one! I told my best friend I was going to steal her daughter and take her to all my shows. The last two times I've done shows at her house, she's helped me with the dishes! That reminds me, I need to get her a token of my appreciation!

I don't know about you, but the one thing that drives me crazy is how they keep redesigning a product but nothing really changes as far as function! I'm gonna have to build another kitchen on to my house to store all this stuff!! LOL

DebbieJ said:
Gil,

I meant to pack yesterday too. So here I am packing this morning. I hate doing that. Stresses me out. I have to look at EVERYTHING cuz this is my first cooking show of the new season.

I have a show tomorrow, too, so tonight I'll come home and unload and repack. Too bad they're doing different recipes, otherwise it wouldn't be a big deal!
Ugg- I haven't even started yet! I made 30 copies of the March OOF at the beginning of the month (more orders than I have EVER had in one month) and they are GONE! I am printing 30 more right now before I can put my lapboards together for tonight!

What is "Wow.....what a Change....."?

"Wow.....what a Change....." is a new line of products from Pampered Chef that focuses on healthier cooking options. These products are designed to help make mealtime easier, faster, and healthier.

What types of products are included in "Wow.....what a Change....."?

"Wow.....what a Change....." includes a variety of products such as nonstick cookware, silicone baking mats, and spiralizers. These products are made with high-quality materials and are designed to make cooking healthier meals a breeze.

How is "Wow.....what a Change....." different from other Pampered Chef products?

"Wow.....what a Change....." products are specifically designed to promote healthier cooking and eating habits. They are also made with more environmentally friendly materials, such as nonstick coatings free of PFOAs and PTFEs.

Can I use "Wow.....what a Change....." products with all types of diets?

Yes, "Wow.....what a Change....." products are versatile and can be used with a variety of diets, including keto, paleo, and vegetarian/vegan. They are also great for those looking to reduce their intake of unhealthy fats and oils.

Are there any recipes or meal ideas specifically for "Wow.....what a Change....." products?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipes and meal ideas specifically designed for "Wow.....what a Change....." products. These recipes can be found on our website or through our consultants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jregini
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jana Hance
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • completelychristie