• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hot & Cheesy Bruschetta Dip Substitutions?

In summary, there are a few simple substitutions you can make to customize the Hot & Cheesy Bruschetta Dip recipe. You can use different types of cheese, bread, herbs, tomatoes, and even sour cream substitutes for a different taste. The dip can also be made ahead of time and refrigerated before baking. It pairs well with various dippers and can also be served as a topping for chicken or fish. Additionally, the recipe can be adapted to be made in a slow cooker and any leftovers can be frozen for future use.
MaryannNic
I am planning to make this tonight for a military spouse social event. My commissary is very small. I wasn't able to find most of the spices needed for the Herbs de Provence, and I could only find a frozen pie crust instead of the puffed pastry.

Will that be ok? :chef:

Many plus myself- leave off the pastry- it's delicious without it too.

I have made this several times and I prefer it with out the crust on top....it makes it difficult to serve.

You can substitute Italian seasoning for the herb de provence. I leave off the pastry crust and put extra cheese

Awesome, thanks so much!

HDP is also sold in grocery stores. McCormick and Spice Islands have their versions. Others as well.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbo=d&tbs=simg:CAESSwksHRQMXaGuoho3CxCwjKcIGi4KLAgBEgaIA4kDowIaIPhdmkd1iCcGuqJGeZb8j7qaZMT1KWfaqt8nqrqHZ2R4DCEzFBerSDcpdA&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=X4gKUdjoDOOGjAKk84DwBw&ved=0CEMQsw4&biw=1536&bih=729&q=herbs%20de%20provence

I've used the Italian & Garlic & Pepper Rub & people <3 it!

I usually skip the herb due to a "happy" accident. Still super yummy!!

ChefPeg said:
HDP is also sold in grocery stores. McCormick and Spice Islands have their versions. Others as well.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbo=d&tbs=simg:CAESSwksHRQMXaGuoho3CxCwjKcIGi4KLAgBEgaIA4kDowIaIPhdmkd1iCcGuqJGeZb8j7qaZMT1KWfaqt8nqrqHZ2R4DCEzFBerSDcpdA&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=X4gKUdjoDOOGjAKk84DwBw&ved=0CEMQsw4&biw=1536&bih=729&q=herbs%20de%20provence

I live in Korea. I can't go to any grocery store. :)

MaryannNic said:
I live in Korea. I can't go to any grocery store. :)

Oh....did not know that. ;)

What are some common substitutions for the "Hot & Cheesy Bruschetta Dip" recipe?

There are a few simple substitutions you can make to customize your Hot & Cheesy Bruschetta Dip:

• Cheese: Instead of using shredded mozzarella cheese, you can try using a blend of Italian cheeses or even a Mexican cheese blend for a different flavor profile.
  • Bread: If you don't have a baguette on hand, you can substitute with any crusty bread, such as Italian or French bread. You can also use crackers or pita chips for a different texture.
  • Herbs: While the recipe calls for dried Italian seasoning, you can use fresh herbs like basil, oregano, or thyme for a more vibrant flavor. You can also add in some red pepper flakes for a little heat.
  • Tomatoes: If you don't have fresh tomatoes, you can use canned diced tomatoes or even sun-dried tomatoes for a richer flavor. Just make sure to drain them well before adding to the dip.
  • Sour Cream: If you're looking for a lighter option, you can substitute the sour cream with Greek yogurt or even cottage cheese. You can also use a dairy-free alternative like coconut yogurt for a vegan version.

Can I make this dip ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the dip ahead of time and refrigerate it until you're ready to bake it. Just make sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap or foil to prevent it from drying out. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time to ensure it's heated through.

What can I serve with the Hot & Cheesy Bruschetta Dip?

This dip pairs well with a variety of dippers, such as sliced baguette or crackers. You can also serve it with sliced vegetables like carrots, cucumbers, and bell peppers for a healthier option. It also makes a delicious topping for grilled chicken or fish.

Can I make this dip in a slow cooker?

Yes, you can adapt this recipe to make it in a slow cooker. Simply combine all the ingredients except for the bread into a slow cooker and cook on low for 2-3 hours or on high for 1-2 hours. When ready to serve, add the bread on top and cook for an additional 30 minutes on low or 15 minutes on high. This is a great option for parties or potlucks.

Can I freeze leftovers of this dip?

Yes, you can freeze any leftover dip in an airtight container for up to 3 months. When ready to reheat, place the frozen dip in the fridge overnight to thaw. Then, bake in a 350 degree F oven for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Alternatively, you can microwave it in 30-second intervals until warmed to your liking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
nldavis321
  • pampchefrhondab