• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware Craze: The Latest Kitchen Trend You Need to Know About

In summary, the everyones coming out with stoneware now? Paula Deen, Rachel Ray, Martha Stewart. PC has better stoneware because it's unglazed. The benefits of the stoneware (how it cooks, etc.) are rooted in the stoneware being unglazed. They're all $50 cheaper.
ChefZee
That EVERYONE seems to be coming out with stoneware now? Paula Deen, Rachel Ray, Martha Stewart. I opened one of the boxes at the store, it seems like they're glazed inside and out, and IDK if they'll fit in the microwave. They're all $50 cheaper. Let's hope that stays secret lol

I wouldn't worry about it... other retailers have had stoneware for years. There are a pleathora of reasons why PC has better stoneware.

To be honest I wish ours was glazed inside and out. I used one a friend left at my house from Longenbergger (sp?) and it was really nice. I'm sure there must be a reason they don't do it that way though. PC is pretty good at testing things. I just think they look prettier. I think the price difference is they are made in China and c
PC's are the USA. Longenbergger's are expensive too, but I believe made in USA.Has anyone noticed All Clad Stainless Steal is made in the USA. Sorry to say if I were paying full price I would buy All Clad.I mentioned this cause it's a good idea to tell people ours is made in the USA.

pampchefrhondab said:
To be honest I wish ours was glazed inside and out. I used one a friend left at my house from Longenbergger (sp?) and it was really nice. I'm sure there must be a reason they don't do it that way though. PC is pretty good at testing things. I just think they look prettier. I think the price difference is they are made in China and c
PC's are the USA. Longenbergger's are expensive too, but I believe made in USA.

Has anyone noticed All Clad Stainless Steal is made in the USA. Sorry to say if I were paying full price I would buy All Clad.

I mentioned this cause it's a good idea to tell people ours is made in the USA.

The benefits of the stoneware (how it cooks, etc.) are rooted in the stoneware being unglazed. Glazed stoneware may heat more evenly than a metal piece of cookware, but you won't get the other benefits you'll get from our stoneware.

And as for the items not made in the USA, this goes back to when Doris was building her business. If you read her book, you will get some great insight into why some of the things are done the way they are done.

pampchefrhondab said:
PC's are the USA. Longenbergger's are expensive too, but I believe made in USA.
Has anyone noticed All Clad Stainless Steal is made in the USA. Sorry to say if I were paying full price I would buy All Clad.

I mentioned this cause it's a good idea to tell people ours is made in the USA.

Longaberger pottery is no longer made in the USA... it is made in China... I know this because I have 2 pieces... one I bought almost 10 years ago and 1 I bought 2 years ago... 10 years ago it was USA and the other one says China... right on the box.

pampchefrhondab said:
To be honest I wish ours was glazed inside and out.

I'm glad a lot of it is unglazed, as I just had a friend order 6 pieces of unglazed. She is a more "green" person and was sold on stoneware for the natural factor. She didn't want anything with a glaze on it

I do the know the main reason for the stoneware to be made in the US is that no other country has a ban on lead content of either the stoneware itself or the glazes being used. When lead glazes or the stone mix itself, are heated above a certain temp, of which I do not know the number, it can release into the foods. As far as the unglazed inside goes, I thought it was because glazes go on unevenly thus causing totally glazed stoneware to be no better than metal in that it unevenly distributes the heat. Also, I thought it had something to do with moisture control too.

My mom has a Longeberger 9x13 dish. I don't really consider it "stoneware" because it is glazed all over, to me that's just a dish or pottery. ;) If it's glazed on the inside, you miss out on a lot of the benefits of the stoneware. Then you'd have to grease it, it also gets "marred" with metal utensils.

NooraK said:
The benefits of the stoneware (how it cooks, etc.) are rooted in the stoneware being unglazed. Glazed stoneware may heat more evenly than a metal piece of cookware, but you won't get the other benefits you'll get from our stoneware.

And as for the items not made in the USA, this goes back to when Doris was building her business. If you read her book, you will get some great insight into why some of the things are done the way they are done.

Which is why I said PC must have a reason for not glazing the inside.

Yes, I've read Doris' book. Still have it on my bookshelf.

I tell my guests that stoneware that is glazed inside is NOT stoneware. It is pottery!

Cool! I didn't even thing about all the benefits of ours. All my hosts are PC addicts, so it helps with their loyalty lol.I have Doris' book on my Kindle wishlist. After my Winter reading list, I'll put that on my top reading priority! ;)

1. What exactly is "Hmmm, Have You Noticed.."?

"Hmmm, Have You Noticed.." is a line of kitchen tools and gadgets that are designed to make cooking and baking easier and more efficient. They are sold exclusively through Pampered Chef consultants.

2. Are these products only for professional chefs?

No, these products are designed for anyone who enjoys cooking and wants to make the process more enjoyable and efficient. They are great for both beginners and experienced home cooks.

3. How are these products different from other kitchen tools on the market?

Our "Hmmm, Have You Noticed.." products are designed with the input of professional chefs and home cooks to ensure they are high-quality, durable, and innovative. They also come with a satisfaction guarantee and are backed by Pampered Chef's reputation for excellence.

4. Can I purchase these products online?

Yes, you can purchase "Hmmm, Have You Noticed.." products through a Pampered Chef consultant or on our website. However, we highly recommend purchasing through a consultant so you can receive personalized recommendations and cooking tips.

5. Are these products safe to use?

Absolutely! We prioritize safety in the design and manufacturing of all our products. They are made with high-quality materials and undergo rigorous testing to ensure they meet safety standards.

Back