• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help - Any Project Manager Experts Out There?

In summary, Rita is looking for help to catch up to schedule for the upcoming deadline. She needs 3-5 people to be hired and trained for the August 1st deadline. She has already brought in 4 temps and is hoping to have them all trained and working by the deadline. If all goes as planned, she will have caught up in only 13.75 days.
rwester
Silver Member
I know this is COMPLETELY off topic, but since we support each other for everything else, I'm hoping I can find someone to assist with this management dilemma:

Known(s):
  • Roughly 67,000 document entries behind.
  • Continue to add another 2200 average documents per day.
  • Currently averaging 4250 completed a day (utilizing an 8 person workforce).
  • Need to be caught up, within one week no later than Sept 1st. (Meaning on September 1st, the employees should be entering the 2200 documents submitted August 25th.

Unknown(s):
  • How many document entries per day must be completed in order to meet the August 31 deadline
  • How many additional employees must be brought in to accomplish such a task, based on our per day current average, and working 6 days a week.

I swear, I feel like I love Lucy working at the candy factory!!

Rita

Give me a few minutes Rita to give you an educated estimate.

Hi Rita:

Thanks for giving me a brain exercise to do! I think you'll be able to get rid of your backlog IF you hire 4-5 people and have them ready to go (trained etc) by August 1.

Currently, each person completes 531 docs per day, or 3,187 per 6-day week. The backlog of 76,000 would take one person 24 weeks
(76,000/3,187). You have 4 weeks (by the time you hire and train temps). So, you would need 6 temps to clean up the backlog.

Keep in mind, though, that your current team cranks out almost double the daily inflow, so they can also attack the backlog. So, I recommend 4-5 temps, get them trained and ready to go August 1.

I hope my math is right and that I was helpful :)

rwester said:
I know this is COMPLETELY off topic, but since we support each other for everything else, I'm hoping I can find someone to assist with this management dilemma:

Known(s):
  • Roughly 67,000 document entries behind.
  • Continue to add another 2200 average documents per day.
  • Currently averaging 4250 completed a day (utilizing an 8 person workforce).
  • Need to be caught up, within one week no later than Sept 1st. (Meaning on September 1st, the employees should be entering the 2200 documents submitted August 25th.

Unknown(s):
  • How many document entries per day must be completed in order to meet the August 31 deadline
  • How many additional employees must be brought in to accomplish such a task, based on our per day current average, and working 6 days a week.

I swear, I feel like I love Lucy working at the candy factory!!

Rita

First, we have to make some additional assumptions so I'm going to assume the following:The increase is per business day - so 2200/day or 11K per week.
Additional help may take a few days to acquire.
New help will work at a reduced rate due to learning curves and possibly not having consistent temp help...I'll apply about an 80% factor for pace.Results:You'll have about 133,000 documents to finish by August 31st.
You have about 30 working days.
Current help will cover about 127,500 of those at the current pace.That leaves 5500 documents left at 400/day for a new person and can be completed in only 13.75 days. With 30 days available you only need one more person!Granted, this is without a fatigue factor for your current employees.You need to keep them motivated at their current pace.Based on that, I'd get 2 people starting Monday for 3 weeks to assist.

janet you rock!

I'm in awe of the both of you!

susanr613 said:
janet you rock!

Nope, just a geeky Industrial Engineer...haven't had a good planning puzzle in awhile though - he-he...

Good luck Rita - hope the assumptions are valid based on what you gave me and keep us posted.

Luckily you have 6 weeks left and can get help now and re-evaluate in 2-3 weeks and see if you are on pace still.

Yep- still just sitting here with my mouth hanging open in awe! I won't even tell you how I would have come up with how many workers she needed! :) LOL

Rita - I have nothing to add to your inquiry except that NOTHING is ever off topic around here. That is what the Lounge is for... any and everything non-PC related.

i am a training designer but have also run training projects as well as emergencies (transitioning files, etc)

i'm with janet - it's fun to have a planning puzzle to do!

janetupnorth said:
Nope, just a geeky Industrial Engineer...haven't had a good planning puzzle in awhile though - he-he...

Good luck Rita - hope the assumptions are valid based on what you gave me and keep us posted.

Luckily you have 6 weeks left and can get help now and re-evaluate in 2-3 weeks and see if you are on pace still.

Thanks to you both. I am so burned out, I simply cannot think today. I've attached what I was working on at the time so that if you're interested, you can see our comparisons. (I had to zip it since we cannot upload Excel files)
I love numeric puzzles, but sometimes my brain just isn't functioning. If you like puzzles and brain benders, try Sudoku (my other addiction aside from Pampered Chef)
Again, I appreciate your evaluations. I will now take all into consideration.
Happy Selling,
Rita

Attachments

• Index Verification Backlog.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
:eek:Janet and Susan:eek:

I thought I was a pretty educated girl until I opened and read through this thread.........................

guess we all have our strengths, huh?!;)

1. What qualifications or experience do I need to become a project manager?

To become a project manager, you typically need a bachelor's degree in a related field such as business or engineering. Additionally, many companies prefer candidates with project management certifications, such as the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification. Experience in project management and strong communication, leadership, and organizational skills are also important for success in this role.

2. What is the role of a project manager?

A project manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and overseeing all aspects of a project, from initiation to completion. This includes setting project goals and objectives, creating project plans, managing project resources and budget, and communicating with stakeholders. The project manager also ensures that the project is completed on time, within budget, and meets quality standards.

3. How do you handle unexpected changes or problems during a project?

As a project manager, you must be prepared to handle unexpected changes or problems that may arise during a project. This involves staying proactive and constantly monitoring the project's progress and potential risks. If a problem does occur, the project manager should assess the situation, identify potential solutions, and communicate with stakeholders to determine the best course of action.

4. How do you manage project team members?

Managing project team members involves effective communication, delegation, and motivation. As a project manager, you must clearly communicate project goals, roles, and responsibilities to your team members. Delegating tasks based on team members' strengths and skills is also important for efficient project management. Additionally, motivating and recognizing team members for their contributions can help boost morale and productivity.

5. What tools do you use as a project manager?

There are various tools and software that project managers use to plan, organize, and track projects. These may include project management software such as Asana or Trello, communication tools like Slack or Microsoft Teams, and budgeting and reporting tools like Excel or Google Sheets. The specific tools used may vary depending on the project and organization's needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hollye44
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • dannyzmom