• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hello All!I Am in My 6 Month of Pampered Chef. I Decided to Try It

FREE?Then you can say something like, "Well, my purpose for calling tonight is to let you know about all the exciting things happening with PC right now. We have great host specials, new products, and even a honeymoon special for couples getting married. I would love to share all of this with you and see if there is anything I can help you with. Would you be interested in getting together with some friends for a fun and easy cooking show?"In summary, the conversation is about two Pampered Chef consultants discussing their experiences in the business. They talk about their successes and challenges, and share tips
chefkristin
Gold Member
Hello All!

I am in my 6 month of Pampered Chef. I decided to try it because I am sick of the Corporate world. It is my goal to stay at home with my 3 year old son.
My SS months were SUPER!!! I earned all the bonuses and all 4 plus bonuses plus an additional one. I was used to getting all kinds of business and then the holidays happened. I have sort of hit a wall as far as getting shows. Somehow I have been submitting something to keep it going. I am concerned that it will fall apart. I need help with the customer calls. I think I am saying something wrong. Any ideas or advice?

Kristin,

I started in September and had great success in my super starter months as well. I know I let things slack off over the Christmas season and am working on getting my bookings back up. One of my problems was I had two hosts become consultants thus losing bookings.

I was able to reconnect with some of those maybes from past shows by having an open house to introduce the new spring line. I invited potential hosts, preferred customers and past hosts. That got some people locked in on dates. I've got a couple of slots at fair booths in the next couple of weeks so I'm hoping for some good things to come from those as well.

I've been calling people and just letting them know I want to share some of the exciting things that are happening with PC (host specials, new products, HWC and wedding registry).

I've also contacted a couple of local wedding halls and they have agreed to give couples booking a reception hall my information. I also went to a local wedding dress store and a couple of florists. I have had positive responses so far. I do plan to go back in a couple of weeks to see if they need more information and find out if they've really been using them.

I also thought I'd try the specialty bakery shops.

I'm still kind of waiting to see how these pan out but maybe they will be of help to you as well.

Good luck meeting your goal of staying home. I recently left the rat race in the corporate world and while my business is not matching that income I am enjoying my job sooo much more and the flexibility I have with my children's schedule.

Michele

In my 6th too...Don't give up.... :D
I'm having the same problems as you! I have been spending every bit of my secret $$ "stash" from my corporate days to try to get things moving. I have been doing 2 expo's a month since February. I put up a door prize box w/ a $15+ item. I have been getting 50+ leads from doing that. I have so many, I can't even call everyone for follow-ups, I've been so busy! I just had 2 shows cancel for no reason.....(did exactly everything w/ HC'ing) but have since filled both back in. I just got some good advice. "strive for 5" <---calls a day that is. :p
Just keep your voice positive, excited, & friendly. I am still ironing out my Host Coaching skills ~ as you can read....:rolleyes: But I push aside my doubt & insecurities and do the best job I know how - right now.:D
Good Luck & keep going! You can do it! This forum is a great place for ideas & support too!:)
Best of success to you

MicheleC said:
Kristin,

I've been calling people and just letting them know I want to share some of the exciting things that are happening with PC (host specials, new products, HWC and wedding registry).

I also do this. I often struggle with what to say when I call. Mind sharing what you say to start the conversation off?

Thanks,
mandy

Here is what I doThanks for the advice ladies. I think I just have to be more positive. The problem is I introduce my self to whoever I am calling and I ask them how they are doing with their new products (if its a past guest) and if I can help them with anything. I usually just tell them that if there is anything I can help them with to please not hesitate to contact me. I offer to help them have a cooking show and to help them earn FREE products. Most people say no and that is where I get stuck. I need to figure out how to turn that NO into at least an I will think about it.:confused:

Instead of wording it for them to have a "show" use some other words.

Like, were you able to get EVERYTHING on your wish list at Suzie's show? (99% will say no) How about we gather some of your friends and family together and I will make all of you my Turtle Fudge Skillet cake. It is a decadent chocolate cake, topped with a chocolatey gooey caramel sauce, pecans and whipped cream topping- it is absolutely amazing! Everyone will love the cake and we can get you a lot of your products off of your wish list for free or half off!

Sometimes when we ask people to have a show, it is very easy for them to say no. When you word it differently, they think, OK sounds easy to me!

Also, when someone says no to a cooking show, let them know that another option is passing around a few catalogs and gathering a few orders together for a catalog show. That way, your "no" became a "sure, I'll do a catalog show."

HTH

MandyFirst, thing when I call is I make sure I have a big smile on and sound excited. Maybe because I like to use my hands to talk alot but for some reason I find I sound a lot more energized when I'm on my headset and standing up. If I'm lounging in a chair it doesn't come across the same.

Anyway, if this is someone from a past show I'll start off with:

Hey, Mandy, this is Michele with the Pampered Chef, how are you doing? Is now an OK time to talk for just a moment? I had such a great time at Host's show and hope you did too! How are you enjoying that new food chopper (stone, batter bowl, etc). I'll then try to give them a tip or comment about it especially if they haven't been using it. Well, I know it's been a while since Host's show and I wanted to let you know about the exciting things happening with the Pampered Chef! We have some awesome host specials coming up and of course we just had a whole new line of wonderful products released. You know, Host received XX in free products from her show; how would you like to introduce your friends to the new product line and earn some of them for free at the same time? From there it depends on the response. If it is a yes then of course I set a date! If it is a not right now, then I let them know I'm not just booking for an immediate show but take dates further out to make sure they get a spot on the calendar. If they don't want to book a date I ask them what timeframe they are thinking about and then let them know when I'll be calling them back to see about setting up a show. If if is a definate no, then I go on to talking about the guest special (would they like to place an order to take advantage of this special), the wedding registry (ask for referrals), and fundraisers. Often all of these are no's but I always end by letting them know I'm always available if they need to place an order or if they have any questions. I'll remind them to check my webiste for updated news and recipes and ask if they know anyone who may be interested in any of the great Pampered Chef opportunities we talked about I would appreciate their referral.

I know some people always start out with sharing the opportunity but I'm not comfortable with that unless we've discussed it in the past, I truly think they would be a fun addition to my team or their is a current recruiting special. If there is a current recruiting special I'll add that in as one of the exciting new things going on.

I think you always have to tailor it to the tone you're reading in the other person's voice as for how much information I share or if it is short and sweet!

One of the scariest things when you start this is the fear of the NO. The best response for me to a no is to ask for referrals. I haven't yet had anyone say no to that and it helps you transition to your close of your conversation.

Maybe more information than you asked for:D .

Hope this helps! Go make those calls!

Thanks alot!! I just need to build up my confidence. I just had a meeting last night with my recruiter and we talked about bookings. I am getting a lot of GREAT ideas now I just need to put them into action. I will keep you posted.

Kristin,

I'm glad to hear you've got some new ideas and are excited about your business. Please let us know what works for you because I know I can always use more ideas!

Michele

What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and pantry items. It was founded in 1980 and is known for its in-home cooking demonstrations and parties.

How do I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you will need to sign up through a current consultant or on the Pampered Chef website. There is a one-time fee of $109, which includes a starter kit with products and business supplies. You will also need to complete a training program to get started.

What are the benefits of being a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the opportunity to earn a flexible income, work on your own schedule, and be part of a supportive community. You also have access to discounted products and can earn free trips and other rewards.

How do I host a Pampered Chef party?

To host a Pampered Chef party, you can either host an in-home cooking demonstration or a virtual party. You can work with a consultant to schedule a date and invite your friends and family to attend. As a host, you can earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your party.

What types of products does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of kitchen tools, cookware, pantry items, and recipes. Their products are designed to make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable. They also have a focus on high-quality and durable products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sabrina Serfling
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Sabrina Serfling
  • Ksiera
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Sally Vigil