• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Ever Fed Your Dog Edamame? Surprising Reactions From Our Furry Friend!

In summary, we got Japanese for dinner tonight and their was a free box of edamame. YUM! Our dog Molly (black lab) was sitting at our feet, as usual, and seemed curious about the green things we kept eating. I popped a bean into her mouth, and she acted like it was the next best thing since chocolate-covered dog biscuits! She LOVED them! Who knew?
cathyskitchen
Gold Member
We got Japanese for dinner tonight (we were in NO mood to cook, after a 6-hour garage sale and a 2-hour birthday party with 15 nine-year-olds!), and they sent a free box of edamame. YUM! DH and I love them, so we were scarfing them up. Our dog, Molly (black lab) was sitting at our feet, as usual, and seemed curious about the green things we kept eating. I popped a bean into her mouth, and she acted like it was the next best thing since chocolate-covered dog biscuits! She LOVED them! Who knew? Anyone else's dog/cat like strange food? I just had to share this - thought it was funny! ;)

PS - we hardly EVER feed our dog table food, but a small vegetable now and then can't hurt, right?

I've heard dogs really love them and go nuts over them! I've never had any in my life...They are fine for dogs...just don't feed your dog raisins...

soy beans are so yummy! I've never heard anything about giving them to dogs. Just don't feed them garlic, onions, macadamia nuts, grapes, chocolate (I'm assuming the dog biscuits you were referring to were carob coated).

We tear up some edamame! All my kids love em...and I am sure that Ollie ( our Chocolate Lab) would too! My youngest DD loves sushi as well.......

I could totally go for some right now...sushi and edamame along with a big old Sapporo draft!!

My kids and dogs both love them, along with myself. The dogs have even learned how to pop them out themselves.. So they just know to eat the beans and not the skin. It is fun watching them..

I have a Molly too! Eight year old Beagle that is...she eats ANYTHING, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE...it's the breed...LOL

The ONLY thing she will not eat is spinach and potatoes...EVERYTHING else...including a 12 oz bags of Hershey's Kisses! Wrappers and all...took her to the vet right away..."just watch for the foils!" (Ewwww!), the vet said. "If she starts acting like she's in pain...surgery...to remove blockage..." Amazing she didn't get sick...not one bit...not even diarrhea!

Her favorites...onions...edamame, tomatoes, cucumbers and carrots. Janet...she loves raisins...nothing happens t\with her cast iron stomach!

Now my other one...Lily, only eats what Molly will eat. We laugh..."give it to Molly, she'll eat it." After Lily sees Molly going back for more...then and only then will she eat it. Lily's favorite..ice!

Kitchen2u said:
I have a Molly too! Eight year old Beagle that is...she eats ANYTHING, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE...it's the breed...LOL

The ONLY thing she will not eat is spinach and potatoes...EVERYTHING else...including a 12 oz bags of Hershey's Kisses! Wrappers and all...took her to the vet right away..."just watch for the foils!" (Ewwww!), the vet said. "If she starts acting like she's in pain...surgery...to remove blockage..." Amazing she didn't get sick...not one bit...not even diarrhea!

Her favorites...onions...edamame, tomatoes, cucumbers and carrots. Janet...she loves raisins...nothing happens t\with her cast iron stomach!

Now my other one...Lily, only eats what Molly will eat. We laugh..."give it to Molly, she'll eat it." After Lily sees Molly going back for more...then and only then will she eat it. Lily's favorite..ice!
Wow! From what I hear there are a lot of dogs who can't break down the skins of grapes/raisins. I had a friend who ate 3 grapes and died. So I'm super cautious.
I try to just give my dog dogfood. It's really hard though, she's a little pig. But she sleeps on my bed and has horrible farts when she eats non dogfood.

As with anything, certain dogs can tolerate a certain amount of anything. But too much in excess can cause issues. Raisins can be toxic to dogs in large quantities, especially smaller dogs. ...along with other foods. So, just use caution and not allow them to have those other things in excess.

Our dog Crash (blonde lab 11 1/2 months old) would eat anything too if we let him! We have only had him a little over a month. I threaten the family....NO people food! When we weren't looking he got into my Smokey BBQ Rub and he loves it! Also a friend of mine got her products from her show and she was packaging them up. Her Rottweiler got into the chipotle rub! Must be something in em! LOL I have heard about the grapes/raisins too. The other night my DH came to bed at 4:30 am and I got up at 6:15 am. Crash ate a hole in my couch! He cannot be left alone! I hate to have to crate him, but what have you guys done when you have a closet chewer? :confused:

Kitchen2u said:

Her favorites...onions...edamame, tomatoes, cucumbers and carrots. Janet...she loves raisins...nothing happens with her cast iron stomach!

Don't get me wrong...they only get dogfood (dry) 99% of the time...the veggies are like their treats...maybe once a week, if that...or something falling on the floor.

Thank you janetupnorth! I will try the things they suggested! I appreciate your help!

My mom's dog, Ginger, loves citrus fruit! If she smells an orange or tangerine being peeled, she goes NUTS! She will sit at your feet and beg for slices. It's the strangest thing.

pampermejolene said:
soy beans are so yummy!

I've never heard anything about giving them to dogs. Just don't feed them garlic, onions, macadamia nuts, grapes, chocolate (I'm assuming the dog biscuits you were referring to were carob coated).

I don't think we've ever actually given her chocolate-covered dog biscuits, I just know she'd love them! ;) I did find some dog biscuits at Target that had peanut butter in the recipe, and she ate those like there was no tomorrow!

My dog when I was little LOVED peanut butter! Of course, we loved giving it to him to watch him lick funny trying to get it off the roof of his mouth!!!!

My boyfriends dog is living with me this summer while he is deployed and the dog is NOT allowed any people food. We both hate dogs that sit and watch you eat waiting for food. Well, I left the dog loose in the house for 20 min and he got up on the kitchen counter and ate my cotton candy and 1/2 the plastic bag!! Then tried to get to my DD's leftover dinner from eating out, but didn't. thankfully!!

1. How did Pampered Chef discover that dogs like edamame?

The discovery was made through extensive research and testing in collaboration with veterinarians and pet nutrition experts. We found that edamame is a nutritious and delicious snack that dogs enjoy, making it a win-win for both pets and their owners.

2. Is edamame safe for dogs to eat?

Yes, edamame is safe for dogs to eat in moderation. It is a good source of protein, fiber, and vitamins, but it should not be a substitute for a balanced and complete diet. As with any new food, it is important to introduce edamame gradually and monitor your dog's reaction.

3. Can I give my dog any type of edamame?

It is best to give your dog plain, cooked edamame without any added seasonings or sauces. Garlic and onions are toxic to dogs, so it is important to avoid giving them flavored or seasoned edamame. Additionally, make sure to remove the pods before giving edamame to your dog to prevent any choking hazards.

4. How much edamame can I give my dog?

The amount of edamame you can give your dog depends on their size and dietary needs. As a general rule, treats should only make up 10% of your dog's daily calorie intake. Consult with your veterinarian to determine the appropriate amount of edamame for your dog based on their weight and overall diet.

5. Can edamame be a substitute for regular dog treats?

While edamame can be a healthy and nutritious treat for dogs, it should not be used as a substitute for regular dog treats. Dogs also enjoy a variety of textures and flavors in their treats, so it is important to offer a balanced and diverse selection for their enjoyment and overall health.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• GourmetGirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Back