1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Game Day show w/out oven

1. lauraP2000

lauraP2000 Member

Any suggestions for an appetizer or party type recipe that would fit a Game Day show but doesn't need an oven?

The show will be in a rec room at an apartment complex, where I can bring a microwave and portable butane burner...

Sep 22, 2009
  2. suzipooh

suzipooh Member Gold Member

Two recipes came to mind when I read your post.
    the first one is my own creation :)

Garlic Cream Cheese Dip

1 brick of cream cheese softened
    2-3 cloves of garlic, pressed
    1 handful of sunflowers seeds or chopped almonds
    1/2 cup grated cheddar

mix all ingredients, serve with crackers and/or raw veggies

Layered Taco Dip

refried beans
    shredded cheddar
    sour cream
    shredded lettuce
    cream cheese
    diced tomatoes
    sliced olives

layer all ingredients and serve with tortilla chips.

Sep 22, 2009
  3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Touchdown Taco Dip! I do this in the microwave all the time, and it's always a HUGE hit!

Sep 22, 2009
  4. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

I'm not sure if its like the Cheeseburger salad type thing or what but one of my hosts made this as well as something at a cluster meeting. Fry some beef ahead of time and bake a pizza crust in the bar pan.

Reheat the meat in the microwave and then add with cheese, lettuce tomato, etc. all on top and tada! It was super yummy and fun. Even though it wasn't all warm it was good!

Sep 22, 2009
  5. lauraP2000

lauraP2000 Member

Thanks! Has anyone ever done the Jerk Chicken Nachos in the microwave? Would they be too soggy, do you think?

Sep 26, 2009
  6. nikked

nikked Senior Member Gold Member

For desert, bring two batter bowl cakes (you can use the small one if you prefer). Cut the bottomes (large end) off so they are flat. Stick the large ends together with frosting, then frost with brown frosting (chocolate works fine, or color it yourself), and make white lacings. Wala! A football!!!! You can use green colored coconut to make "grass" to put the football on. Fits well on the square SA (at a diagonal).

HTH!

Sep 26, 2009
  7. jnsr96

jnsr96 Member

I htink any nachos would be soggy in the microwave...When I make the touvhdown taco dip I always double it in the square baker and put a jar of salsa over the cream cheese and sour cream layer... It's always a hit!

Sep 26, 2009
  8. nikked

nikked Senior Member Gold Member

Okay...after I typed that, I kept thinking that was wrong (it's been a while since I've done one)...

Do ONE batter bowl (large). Slice in half vertically, then put large ends together to make football shap (trimming large end if necessary). Follow directions above...

Sorry about the mistake!

HTH!

Sep 26, 2009
  9. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Greek Cheese Torta is always a hit for me!

Sep 26, 2009
  10. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

Ditto that! EVERY time my sons are here and there's a game on they want me to make that and I've made it in the microwave for years now. They also want Pepperoni Pizza Twist but that has to be done in the oven...

Sep 27, 2009
  11. PamperedchefDaly

PamperedchefDaly Member Gold Member

Here is an even easier recipe:

1 8 oz. pkg cream cheese
    1 can Hormell chili (no beans)
    1 8 oz. pkg. shredded cheese (cheddar, mexican, or monterey)

Put the cream cheese in the mini-baker, microwave until soft. Spread out on the bottom of the MB using the small spreader. Spread the chili on top of that, then sprinkle the cheese over that. Microwave 4-5 minutes until hot. Serve with tortilla chips.

Simple, easy, delicious.

12. lauraP2000

lauraP2000 Member

So I made the Touchdown Taco Dip at the show today. It was a big hit - thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Sep 27, 2009
  13. cathyskitchen

cathyskitchen Senior Member Gold Member

I have to remember to make this for the next football game Sunday at my neighbors!! :)

14. straitfan

straitfan Veteran Member Gold Member

How long to microwave if you make this in the DCB?

Feb 6, 2010
  15. straitfan

straitfan Veteran Member Gold Member

BUMP--need to know tomorrow!

Feb 6, 2010
  16. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I've done a small serving, just long enough to melt the cheese. It doesn't give quite the same baked effect, but they're still good.

Feb 6, 2010
  17. ChefMary412

ChefMary412 Advanced Member

It is only 4 minutes in the mini baker... so I would say about the same. Not to technical, but hope it helps!!;)

Feb 7, 2010
Have something to add?