• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Game Day Appetizers - No Oven Needed!

In summary, participants in the conversation shared ideas for appetizer and party recipes that do not require an oven and can be made using a microwave or portable butane burner. Some suggestions included Garlic Cream Cheese Dip, Layered Taco Dip, Jerk Chicken Nachos, and a Football-shaped cake made with batter bowl cakes. The Touchdown Taco Dip was a popular choice and can be made in the microwave or in the Deep Covered Baker. Participants also shared a simple recipe for Chili Cheese Dip using the Mini Baker. Some expressed success with making Jerk Chicken Nachos in the microwave, but others were concerned about them being soggy.
lauraP2000
Any suggestions for an appetizer or party type recipe that would fit a Game Day show but doesn't need an oven?

The show will be in a rec room at an apartment complex, where I can bring a microwave and portable butane burner...

Two recipes came to mind when I read your post.
the first one is my own creation :)Garlic Cream Cheese Dip1 brick of cream cheese softened
2-3 cloves of garlic, pressed
1 handful of sunflowers seeds or chopped almonds
1/2 cup grated cheddarmix all ingredients, serve with crackers and/or raw veggiesLayered Taco Diprefried beans
shredded cheddar
sour cream
shredded lettuce
cream cheese
diced tomatoes
sliced oliveslayer all ingredients and serve with tortilla chips.

Touchdown Taco Dip! I do this in the microwave all the time, and it's always a HUGE hit!

I'm not sure if its like the Cheeseburger salad type thing or what but one of my hosts made this as well as something at a cluster meeting. Fry some beef ahead of time and bake a pizza crust in the bar pan.Reheat the meat in the microwave and then add with cheese, lettuce tomato, etc. all on top and tada! It was super yummy and fun. Even though it wasn't all warm it was good!

Thanks! Has anyone ever done the Jerk Chicken Nachos in the microwave? Would they be too soggy, do you think?

For desert, bring two batter bowl cakes (you can use the small one if you prefer). Cut the bottomes (large end) off so they are flat. Stick the large ends together with frosting, then frost with brown frosting (chocolate works fine, or color it yourself), and make white lacings. Wala! A football!!!! You can use green colored coconut to make "grass" to put the football on. Fits well on the square SA (at a diagonal).

HTH!

I htink any nachos would be soggy in the microwave...When I make the touvhdown taco dip I always double it in the square baker and put a jar of salsa over the cream cheese and sour cream layer... It's always a hit!

nikked said:
For desert, bring two batter bowl cakes (you can use the small one if you prefer). Cut the bottomes (large end) off so they are flat. Stick the large ends together with frosting, then frost with brown frosting (chocolate works fine, or color it yourself), and make white lacings. Wala! A football!!!! You can use green colored coconut to make "grass" to put the football on. Fits well on the square SA (at a diagonal).

HTH!

Okay...after I typed that, I kept thinking that was wrong (it's been a while since I've done one)...

Do ONE batter bowl (large). Slice in half vertically, then put large ends together to make football shap (trimming large end if necessary). Follow directions above...

Sorry about the mistake!

HTH!

Greek Cheese Torta is always a hit for me!

ChefBeckyD said:
Touchdown Taco Dip! I do this in the microwave all the time, and it's always a HUGE hit!

Ditto that! EVERY time my sons are here and there's a game on they want me to make that and I've made it in the microwave for years now. They also want Pepperoni Pizza Twist but that has to be done in the oven...

Here is an even easier recipe:

1 8 oz. pkg cream cheese
1 can Hormell chili (no beans)
1 8 oz. pkg. shredded cheese (cheddar, mexican, or monterey)

Put the cream cheese in the mini-baker, microwave until soft. Spread out on the bottom of the MB using the small spreader. Spread the chili on top of that, then sprinkle the cheese over that. Microwave 4-5 minutes until hot. Serve with tortilla chips.

Simple, easy, delicious.

So I made the Touchdown Taco Dip at the show today. It was a big hit - thanks everyone for the suggestions!

I have to remember to make this for the next football game Sunday at my neighbors!! :)

lauraP2000 said:
So I made the Touchdown Taco Dip at the show today. It was a big hit - thanks everyone for the suggestions!

How long to microwave if you make this in the DCB?

BUMP--need to know tomorrow!

lauraP2000 said:
Thanks! Has anyone ever done the Jerk Chicken Nachos in the microwave? Would they be too soggy, do you think?

I've done a small serving, just long enough to melt the cheese. It doesn't give quite the same baked effect, but they're still good.

straitfan said:
How long to microwave if you make this in the DCB?

It is only 4 minutes in the mini baker... so I would say about the same. Not to technical, but hope it helps!!;)

1. How can I make game day snacks without using an oven?

There are plenty of delicious and easy snack options that you can make without an oven. Some ideas include no-bake energy bites, dips and spreads, and snack mixes. You can also use your slow cooker or air fryer to make hot appetizers.

2. What are some must-have tools for hosting a game day party?

Some essential tools for hosting a game day party include a cutting board and knife, serving platters and bowls, and a variety of kitchen utensils such as tongs, spoons, and spatulas. You may also want to have a blender or food processor for making dips and sauces.

3. Can I use Pampered Chef products to make game day snacks?

Yes, absolutely! Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen tools and gadgets that are perfect for making game day snacks. From our stoneware to our kitchen knives, all of our products are designed to make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable.

4. How can I save time when preparing for a game day party?

One way to save time is to prep some of your snacks ahead of time. For example, you can make dips and spreads the day before and store them in the fridge until game day. You can also use Pampered Chef products like our Quick Slice to quickly chop vegetables for snacks and appetizers.

5. What are some easy and healthy snack options for game day?

Some healthy snack options for game day include veggie platters with hummus, fruit skewers, and baked sweet potato chips. You can also make healthier versions of classic game day foods, such as using ground turkey for mini sliders or using Greek yogurt in place of sour cream in dips.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• danielsdundee
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • nay62
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Replies
Views