• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fyi - Home Interiors Filed Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

well you get the idea.:) Funny, don't worry, you and 80% of the general population. I expect their prices to become even more outrageous.This is the second time they have had problems. they "went out" about 5 or 6 years ago and then came back. So sad.Sorry, Debbie. I understand what it means. I was just amazed by the numbers. Especially to both shipping companies.Not really a surprise, they probably owed one quite a bit and they stopped shipping for them so they switched without disclosure of the debt and racked up a bill on the other.Actually, that is only about a month of payments. If they were slightly
sburnside
Gold Member
Maybe some of their folks can join our teams! They're reorganizing but it doesn't sound real stable. Here's the article...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/bus/stories/DN-HomeInteriors_30bus.State.Edition1.3b926ed.html

Last edited:
Really??? I just hosted a show a couple weeks ago; my consultant hasn't said anything about it...

she probably didn't know. Same thing happened to Big Yellow Box - their consultants didn't know until it was announced.

Wowsers - did you see this?

Among creditors listed in the Home Interiors filing were UPS Inc., with an unsecured claim of more than $2 million, and FedEx Corp., with an unsecured claim of about $1.4 million.

So they didn't pay their shippers. That's all that means.

What was Big Yellow Box?

heather223 said:
What was Big Yellow Box?
Crayola (Binney & Smith?) had a home party plan - it was all craft projects you could do. They came unassembled (in big yellow boxes - LOL) with everything you needed to complete the craft. Some of them were cute, if you like craft things, but they were all pricey!Made a big spalsh, but didn't last very long.

Sorry, Debbie. I understand what it means. I was just amazed by the numbers. Especially to both shipping companies.

ChefBeckyD said:
Crayola (Binney & Smith?) had a home party plan - it was all craft projects you could do. They came unassembled (in big yellow boxes - LOL) with everything you needed to complete the craft. Some of them were cute, if you like craft things, but they were all pricey!

Made a big spalsh, but didn't last very long.

I guess that is why I never heard of them.

How sad for an aquaintance of mine, who is a consultant.Very unlikely she will switch, as it does not impact her directly, but my guess is the slashing of jobs will make it harder to connect with home office when she needs to.I expect their prices to become even more outrageous.

This is the second time they have had problems. they "went out" about 5 or 6 years ago and then came back. So sad.

crystalscookingnow said:
Sorry, Debbie. I understand what it means. I was just amazed by the numbers. Especially to both shipping companies.

Not really a surprise, they probably owed one quite a bit and they stopped shipping for them so they switched without disclosure of the debt and racked up a bill on the other.

Actually, that is only about a month of payments. If they were slightly smaller, maybe 60-90 days, but I'd bet that much (if I had it) that it isn't more than 90 days of shipping charges!

crystalscookingnow said:
OK - so I'm just naive. ;)

:) Funny, don't worry, you and 80% of the general population.

If you know average shipping charges and volume it puts it all into perspective and it really isn't much.

It is a lot to us as one individual though!

ChefBeckyD said:
Crayola (Binney & Smith?) had a home party plan - it was all craft projects you could do. They came unassembled (in big yellow boxes - LOL) with everything you needed to complete the craft. Some of them were cute, if you like craft things, but they were all pricey!

Made a big spalsh, but didn't last very long.
Odd - http://www.crayola.com/ is owned by Hallmark now - and they don't usually mess up on a marketing effort.

They have a Crayola store in the Crown Center in Kansas City. I would have loved that place when I was a kid. (Oh, heck, I love it NOW!) :D

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Odd - http://www.crayola.com/ is owned by Hallmark now - and they don't usually mess up on a marketing effort.

They have a Crayola store in the Crown Center in Kansas City. I would have loved that place when I was a kid. (Oh, heck, I love it NOW!) :D

Their stuff was over-priced. I could go to Hobby Lobby and get the exact same items needed for a project for about half the price. (even Crayola brand). Probably many people thought the same thing - and it didn't help that at the back of their catalog, they had an item list for each project. A very handy shopping list to take to Hobby Lobby!:rolleyes:

Plus - most of the crafts were geared towards children, and most people aren't going to spend $35 so your 4 yr old can paint a soccer ball!

We don't have a Crayola Store around here, but I always love perusing the Crayola aisle at Meijers.:D So much fun stuff!

I think the Crayola store in Crown Center is the only one - remember, Hallmark owns Crayola and I'm pretty sure they own the Crown Center, seeing that it's in the shadow of Hallmark's world headquarters.

It's like discovery toys - outragous prices! There are so many DS companies out there whose prices are so outragous I don't know ho!w in the world they stay in business. There is a group of ladies in a nearby neighborhood who all sell something different and all they do is have home parties for each other. They needed a PC rep so I had a party for one of them and they all wanted me to have parties for them! I said no. That is insane, plus all their products are so expensive!

They only filed Chapter 11, so that doesn't mean they are closing doors, yet. To my understanding a Chapter 11 is filed when companies are trying to reorganize their business to keep their doors open and can control their debt to become profitable again.

If it were a Chapter 7, a company stops business immediately and a "trustee" is appointed to liquidate all their assets.

I can't possibly see how a company can recover almost $4 million in just delivery fees??? How could they possibly go on?

I hope Pampered Chef is managing their money a whole lot better. I love this company and don't want to have to face this in the future!

twinkie10 said:
I hope Pampered Chef is managing their money a whole lot better. I love this company and don't want to have to face this in the future!

Warren Buffet doesn't buy companies that carry debt, so we are fine.

Hopefully, things haven't changed since he bought us!!! Don't you just love how PC treats us?

Walgreens is another company that doesn't carry debt, I hear anyway.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

I have a friend that was a "Founding Leader" with the BYB. She was shocked when they dropped the bomb that they wer going under. They hired Sue Raush and many blame her for the fall, but I think their market was too limited and their prices way too high. Their product line was limited and didn't change much.

I would LOVE a Crayola Store!! I love the Lego store in Chicago. I had way too much fun with the Lego man on a park bench outside the store...ok...keep your minds out of the gutter...I just had my hand on his knee as I sat very close to him!!:D :D

I live near Kansas City, and I must say that the Crayola store is pretty cool! :)

Related to Fyi - Home Interiors Filed Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

What does it mean that Home Interiors filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy?

Chapter 11 bankruptcy is a type of bankruptcy that allows a company to reorganize its debts and continue operating while developing a plan to repay its creditors. It does not necessarily mean that the company will go out of business.

Will Home Interiors be going out of business?

Not necessarily. Chapter 11 bankruptcy allows the company to restructure its debts and potentially continue operating. However, the future of the company will depend on its ability to successfully reorganize and repay its creditors.

What will happen to customers who have placed orders with Home Interiors?

If you have placed an order with Home Interiors, it is important to contact the company directly to inquire about the status of your order. The company will likely provide information on whether your order will be fulfilled or if you will receive a refund.

Will Pampered Chef still carry Home Interiors products?

At this time, it is unclear how Home Interiors' bankruptcy will affect its partnership with Pampered Chef. We recommend checking with your Pampered Chef consultant or reaching out to the company directly for more information.

Is this a common occurrence in the direct sales industry?

While bankruptcies can happen in any industry, they are not common in the direct sales industry. This situation is unique to Home Interiors and should not reflect on the entire direct sales industry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ragschef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampcheflisa
  • its_me_susan
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefkathy
Replies