• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fun and Quirky Decimal Equivalents: From Eskimo Pi to Knotfurlong

In summary, an igloo's circumference to its diameter is equal to the Eskimo Pi. 2000 pounds of Chinese soup is the same size as one Won ton. 1 microScope is equal to 1 millionth of a mouthwash. It takes 1 bananosecond for someone to slip and fall, and 1 FigNewton is the weight of an evangelist carrying God. 16.5 feet is the distance between two jokes in the Twilight Zone. 1 megahurtz is the basic unit of laryngitis. 100 Senators is the number of decisionsorry..HUH?yeah-huh??:confused:LMAO - Um.. They are jokes guys! lol. I like the Billig
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
1. Ratio of an igloo's circumference to its diameter = Eskimo Pi2. 2000 pounds of Chinese soup = Won ton3. 1 millionth of a mouthwash = 1 microScope4. Time between slipping on a peel and smacking the pavement = 1 bananosecond5. Weight an evangelist carries with God = 1 billigram6. Time it takes to sail 220 yards at 1 nautical mile per hour = Knotfurlong7. 16.5 feet in the Twilight Zone = 1 Rod Serling8. Half of a large intestine = 1 semicolon9. 1,000,000 aches = 1 megahurtz10. Basic unit of laryngitis = 1 hoarsepower11. Shortest distance between two jokes = A straight line12. 453.6 graham crackers = 1 pound cake13. 1 million-million microphones = 1 megaphone14. 2 million bicycles = 2 megacycles15. 365.25 days = 1 unicycle16. 2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds17. 52 cards = 1 decacards18. 1 kilogram of falling figs = 1 FigNewton19. 1000 milliliters of wet socks = 1 literhosen20. 1 millionth of a fish = 1 microfiche21. 1 trillion pins = 1 terrapin22. 10 rations = 1 decoration23. 100 rations = 1 C-ration24. 2 monograms = 1 diagram25. 8 nickels = 2 paradigms26. 2.4 statute miles of intravenous surgical tubing at Yale University Hospital = 1 IV League27. 100 Senators = Not 1 decision

Last edited:
sorry..HUH?

yeah-huh??:confused:

LMAO - Um.. They are jokes guys! lol. I like the Billigram one! LMAO!

KG, where do you find this stuff?? :)

KG,

You've got WAY too much time on your hands!

Thanks so much. It's 7:10 am, Saturday morning. I'm up so I can drive my husband to work. (He works 8 am to noon on Saturdays). AND YOU MADE ME LAUGH !! I'm sure some of my husband's engineering type buddies will like this, as well as some of my relatives who are teachers.

Trish in Texas
Future Director & Recruiter
Just signed #3

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
25. 4 nickels = 2 paradigms

Actually, 8 nickels are 2 paradigms. Do the math!!

I'm kinda fond of the bananosecond, knotfurlong, megahurtz and the decacards.Ann, I wonder if the guy who wrote all that put that at the end to see if anyone actually read that far? I'll for fix it, just for you!Colleen, I don't go looking for this stuff, it tends to just find me. I can't pass along the bulk of it! ;)

Last edited:
Gee, KG, I simply figured you had WAAAAAAAY too much time on your hands.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I'm kinda fond of the bananosecond, knotfurlong, megahurtz and the decacards.

Those were some of my favs too... Thanks for the laugh!:D

McDreamy + McSteamy = A paradox?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

A guy after my own heart! ;) LOVE THAT ONE!

You realize, of course, this means you've just declared opun season on CS?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

They are all funny, but that one is my favorite!!!!! :D

I seriously used that with my DH and he was like, "Oh that was a good one." I am like, "you have to be in LOVE with the show to LOVE that one!" lol

I could have said, Ben Casey + Kildare = a paradox but there's only a few of us here old enough to get it.

Yeah that one flew by me. :D

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I could have said, Ben Casey + Kildare = a paradox but there's only a few of us here old enough to get it.
Ohhh!! I was in love with Ben Casey! (I was probably 11 or 12 at the time) Never cared for Kildare - I liked my men TD&H :p

Ya hafta know your audience

Related to Fun and Quirky Decimal Equivalents: From Eskimo Pi to Knotfurlong

1. What are decimal equivalents and why are they important?

Decimal equivalents are numbers that represent fractions in decimal form. They are important because they allow for easier and more accurate measurements in cooking and baking.

2. How do I convert fractions to decimal equivalents?

To convert a fraction to its decimal equivalent, simply divide the numerator by the denominator. For example, 1/2 would be 1 divided by 2, which equals 0.5.

3. Can decimal equivalents be used for all measurements?

Yes, decimal equivalents can be used for all measurements, including ingredients like flour, sugar, and liquids. They are also commonly used for measurements in recipes from different countries, as they often use different measurement systems.

4. Are there any tools or charts available to help with decimal equivalents?

Yes, there are many tools and charts available to help with decimal equivalents. Pampered Chef offers a handy conversion chart that can be used in the kitchen, as well as online tools and apps that can quickly convert fractions to decimal equivalents.

5. How can using decimal equivalents improve my cooking and baking?

Using decimal equivalents can help to ensure more accurate measurements, which can lead to better results in your cooking and baking. It can also make it easier to scale recipes up or down, as well as convert recipes from different measurement systems.

Back