• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Flambéing Cherries Jubilee: Nonstick Cookware?

In summary, for Flambéing Cherries Jubilee, it is best to use a nonstick cookware with a heavy bottom and high sides. It is recommended to use a high-proof alcohol such as brandy or rum and a pan with a long handle for safety purposes. To prevent damage to the nonstick cookware, use heat-resistant utensils and thaw the cherries before cooking if using frozen ones.
erin.tpc
Hello all! I could use some input. My dad called asking me about flambéing Cherries Jubilee & which type of cookware he should use. He was wondering if he could use the non stick...but I was truly stumped. I should know the answer to this, but I'm probably thinking too hard! :blushing:

I checked the use & care cards, but don't see anything about not using a flame in the Executive. I've also looked around online & have gotten conflicting answers - some "no" & some "no problem." I placed a call in to the Solution Center, but was just curious what you thought before I hear back from them...in 3 to 4 hours. Any knowledge would be great! Thank you!

I wouldn't. Use & care indicates only to use the Exec cookware at low to (at max) med-high heat. I know the flame is actually on the cookware, but is on the alcohol on the surface, but it would still make me nervous. I'd to it with SS.

I would say no since it cannot handle heat above 400 degrees and you don't know how hot the actual flame will get.

I'd go Stainless FOR SURE.

Thanks ladies! That's what I thought. Just spoke with HO & she wouldn't recommend it either. Now I know! :)

What type of nonstick cookware is best for Flambéing Cherries Jubilee?

For Flambéing Cherries Jubilee, it is best to use a nonstick cookware with a heavy bottom and high sides. This will ensure even heat distribution and prevent any spills or splatters.

Can I use any type of alcohol for Flambéing Cherries Jubilee?

We recommend using a high-proof alcohol such as brandy or rum for Flambéing Cherries Jubilee. These types of alcohol have a higher alcohol content, which is necessary for the flambéing process.

Do I need to use a special pan for Flambéing Cherries Jubilee?

While you can use any nonstick cookware for Flambéing Cherries Jubilee, it is recommended to use a pan with a long handle for safety reasons. This will allow you to keep a safe distance while flambéing the alcohol.

How do I prevent my nonstick cookware from getting damaged during Flambéing Cherries Jubilee?

To prevent damage to your nonstick cookware, it is important to use a heat-resistant spatula or spoon when mixing and flambéing the cherries. Avoid using metal utensils as they can scratch the nonstick surface.

Can I use frozen cherries for Flambéing Cherries Jubilee?

Yes, you can use frozen cherries for Flambéing Cherries Jubilee. Just make sure to thaw them before cooking to prevent excess water from diluting the flambé sauce.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
millthayer
  • vanscootin
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • schel