• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Enchanted: A Magical Fairytale Parody Featuring Patrick Dempsey

In summary, Enchanted was a cute movie that the whole family could enjoy. The special effects were good and there were no curse words that I could remember hearing. Patrick Dempsey is just too cute in the movie.
chefmeg
Gold Member
just got back from taking the kiddies to see "Enchanted" and it was really cute! They paradoy every fairytale imaginable and McDreamy has "enchanted" me again! I have always loved Patrick Dempsey (as far back as "Can't Buy Me Love") and he is just too cute in this movie!
The special effects are good and even my 10 and 7 year olds got the humor!

Is this a family movie? I have heard the name, but haven't seen any previews to know anything about it.

it is...although rated PG, there were no curse words that I can remember hearing and just a few over-their-heads sexual references. It is about an animated character princess that lands herself in Manhattan! It really is cute!

I wanted to take my youngest son and nephew to see this yesterday, but the nephew thought it looked 'girly', and he wanted to see Mr Magorium's Wondrous Emporium or something which my son said looked just boring. So they opted for Chuck E Cheese instead of a movie and my husband and I took our older two sons to see Beowulf at the Imax later on instead. It was AMAZING!But I still want to see Enchanted, darnit.

My girls are dying to see it; I think it looks great too!

I took my 5yo son to see Mr Magorium's last night - it was WONDERFUL!

We were thrilled with Enchanted after our big let down with Fred Clause. I am guessing that kissing the princess and the divorcing couple are what made Enchanted a PG movie. There was never a point that I thought I needed to cover my daughters eyes :rolleyes: .

Enchanted completely exceeded my expectations!! :love:

KISSING rates a pg these days? Geez. Lighten up Hollywood!

chefmeg said:
Enchanted? yes, I am!
Two women are walking down the street one day when a frog jumped out of an alley in front of them and croaked out to them, "Please! Please help me!"

"What seems to be the trouble?" the first woman asked the frog.

"I've been enchanted by an evil witch and turned into a frog," he explained.

"What are we supposed to do to help?" the second one asked.

"Kiss me," the frog said, "And I'll return to my rightful position as a director with Southern Living!"

The first woman bent over, picked up the frog and slipped it into her Pampered Chef tote bag. She began to walk away.

"Aren't you going to kiss the frog?" the second woman asked, hurrying to catch up.

"For a Southern Living director?" she said. "Nah. But a talking frog? Now, that's worth something!"

We loved the movie Enchanted we took my 5 yr old son and 3 yr old daughter and they both loved it

Plugged inThis is a website that really helps me to decide if a movie is safe or worth watching for my family.

http://www.pluggedinonline.com/index.cfm

The review tells everything we need to know. This movie shows too much cleavage for my family and a scene where the main character collides with the male lead and they fall to the floor. Her in a towel and more cleavage. So this is not for us.

Our friends from church got free tickets to see this and told me these things as well.

Debbie :D

Debbie-
That is a great site. I checked out some of the movies I was questionable about and found some answers.
thanks!

dannyzmom said:
I took my 5yo son to see Mr Magorium's last night - it was WONDERFUL!

We went to see Mr. Magoriums yesterday with the kids. Can I just say that I was NEVER expecting to cry so much in a G-rated movie!!!! Maybe being pregnant had something to do with it, but I didn't expect it to be so moving and so meaningful. Made me think of so many loved ones who have passed on and what type of legacy they left behind. It's so hard to say goodbye whether we know the end is coming soon or not. :( Unfortunately we had to leave in the last 15 minutes, so I missed the ending. So don't spoil it for me!!!!

My husband and I also saw Enchanted for a date night last week (while my parents watched the kiddos) and we were surprisingly impressed, yet again. For my young children I would say it would not be appropriate, but for the two of us it had wonderful redeeming value and was far better than we expected. It was so refreshing to be able to laugh and laugh and then have those heart-felt moments where you stop to think about the difference in the fairytale worldview of romantic love and the real worldview of romantic love.

We hardly EVER go to the theater (even though my dear friend owns the local theater). I think we've been to maybe 3-4 movies in the last year, so we were shocked that in one week's time we enjoyed not one, but TWO movies.

Related to Enchanted: A Magical Fairytale Parody Featuring Patrick Dempsey

1. What is "Enchanted: A Magical Fairytale Parody Featuring Patrick Dempsey" about?

"Enchanted" is a comedic take on traditional fairytales, following a princess named Giselle who is transported from her animated world to real-life New York City. There, she meets a cynical divorce lawyer named Robert, and they embark on a whimsical adventure as Giselle tries to find her way back to her fairytale world.

2. Who stars in "Enchanted: A Magical Fairytale Parody Featuring Patrick Dempsey"?

Patrick Dempsey stars as Robert, while Amy Adams plays Giselle. The film also features Susan Sarandon, James Marsden, and Idina Menzel.

3. Is "Enchanted: A Magical Fairytale Parody Featuring Patrick Dempsey" appropriate for children?

While the film is rated PG, it does contain some mild language and innuendos. However, overall it is a family-friendly film that children will likely enjoy.

4. Is this movie based on a specific fairytale?

No, "Enchanted" is not based on one specific fairytale, but rather incorporates elements and characters from various traditional fairytales, such as Snow White, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty.

5. Are there any special features or bonus material included with the DVD release of "Enchanted: A Magical Fairytale Parody Featuring Patrick Dempsey"?

Yes, the DVD release includes bloopers, deleted scenes, a behind-the-scenes featurette, and a music video for the song "That's How You Know".

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • janezapchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies