• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Driving to Conference? Read This!!

In summary, beginning July 1st, the State of Illinois will begin using speed cameras in areas designated as "Work Zones" on major freeways. Anyone caught by these devices or by an officer will be issued or mailed a $375.00 ticket for the FIRST offense. The SECOND offense will cost $1000.00 and comes with a 90-Day suspension. Drivers will also receive demerit points against their license, which allow insurance companies to raise Insurance rates. This is the harshest penalty structure ever set for a governmental unit involving PHOTO speed enforcement.
DebinIA
Gold Member
This came from the Safety Department at my husband's trucking company.

We've been warned!!
:yuck:
Fleetwide: Beginning July 1st, the State of Illinois will begin using the speed cameras in areas designated as "Work Zones" on major freeways. Anyone caught by these devices or by an officer will be issued or mailed a $375.00 ticket for the FIRST offense. The SECOND offense will cost $1000.00 and comes with a 90-Day suspension. Drivers will also receive demerit points against their license, which allow insurance companies to raise Insurance rates. This is the harshest penalty structure ever set for a governmental unit involving PHOTO speed enforcement. This summer, 5 vans will be deployed across the state. The specially equipped vans are staffed by specially trained ISP officers and can take photographs of drivers speeding in IDOT and Tollway construction and maintenance zones. To date, over 8,000 citations have been issued across the state. In addition, drivers who hit a worker are subject for up to a $10,000 fine and 14 years in prison. Please use caution and always observe speed limits-Thank you-Kent/Safety

Wow those are some steep fines!

I verified this on snopes.com.

Wow, thanks for the warning! I'm going to let those in my cluster know!

Here is a link to the IL DOT page http://www.dot.state.il.us/press/r062409.html

I'll be sure to inform my director. She's the one who does the driving. It wouldn't be an issue if I were driving. I'm that annoying person you've seen driving the speed limit. It has helped me to learn every dirty word and obscene gesture common to the US.

I am glad I am leaving the driving to MegaBus this year...since my right foot has a tendency to be VERY heavy!!! :D

I got to wondering how much AZ's fines are since the cameras are everywhere around here. They actually are mounted around the highways as well as mobile van units. I just read that the fines here average $157.

Can verify this too from experience! My mom and dad drove from Lake Geneva, WI to Niles, IL about two months ago. Well they drove down 94 to 290 toward O'Hare and dad was well, over the limit. They got a $375 ticket in the mail about a month later! He nearly keeled over! Pat and I drove down today for a funeral and there were signs all over the place warning about this. The signs are sort of small, about the size of a speed limit sign actually and are a rectangular black and white sign. The thing to watch for though are two very distinctive orange ribbons - like the pink cancer ribbons - only bright orange. I was trying to stay with the speed limit but traffic was going about an average of 5 over the limit. So I don't know if I will get one or not. We'll see!

My guess is that if you're truly going with the flow of traffic you'll be fine. If you "drive with the flow" like my mom does, which means you're whizzing past most of the other cars with one or two speeders passing you, you could be in trouble.

raebates said:
I'll be sure to inform my director. She's the one who does the driving. It wouldn't be an issue if I were driving. I'm that annoying person you've seen driving the speed limit. It has helped me to learn every dirty word and obscene gesture common to the US.

So YOU are that person!!!:D Usually I see you with grey hair and trying to peek over the horn of the steering wheel!!!:D

So you see a finger up like this :thumbup: only this one is the wrong finger?!?!

1. What is the best way to plan my driving route to Conference?

The best way to plan your driving route to Conference is to use a navigation app or website, such as Google Maps or Waze. These tools will provide you with the most efficient and up-to-date directions, taking into account traffic and road closures.

2. How long will it take to drive to Conference?

The duration of your drive to Conference will depend on your starting location and the time of day you are traveling. It is recommended to allow for extra time in case of traffic or unexpected delays. On average, the drive to Conference takes between 2-4 hours.

3. Are there any toll roads on the way to Conference?

Yes, there are several toll roads on the way to Conference. Please make sure to have cash or an electronic toll pass to pay for these tolls. You can also plan your route to avoid toll roads if desired.

4. Is there parking available at the Conference venue?

Yes, there is ample parking available at the Conference venue. However, it is recommended to arrive early as parking spots may fill up quickly. Please follow the signs and directions from staff for designated parking areas.

5. Can I carpool with other consultants to Conference?

Yes, carpooling with other consultants is a great way to save on gas and parking costs. You can coordinate with other consultants in your area through social media groups or by reaching out to your team leader. Just make sure to plan and communicate your meeting location and departure time beforehand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pckelly
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
baychef
Back