• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Watch Dancing With the Stars?

I can't hear what he's saying!Heather Mills - will she keep her leg on? and why oh why is she on there? Billy Ray Cyrus - All I can see is him dancing to Achy Breaky Heart! Clyde Drexler - he's only 2 feet taller than EVERYONE..... Apollo Anton Ohno - With all thet speed skating he should be limber enoughCliff Clavin - err - John Ratzenberger - now that's just wrong! I think everyone is going to be watching to see if Heather's leg stays on or if it comes off. Everyone was talking about that today at work.Heather Mills -
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Well, I haven't seen but a few of the past episodes but....I was reading an article earlier on who is on this season.....I'm going to have to watch tonight!

Just a few comments:

Heather Mills - will she keep her leg on? and why oh why is she on there?
Billy Ray Cyrus - All I can see is him dancing to Achy Breaky Heart!
Clyde Drexler - he's only 2 feet taller than EVERYONE.....
Apollo Anton Ohno - With all thet speed skating he should be limber enough
Cliff Clavin - err - John Ratzenberger - now that's just wrong!

What do you think?

I love Apoll Anton Ohno. I watched him all the time when the winter olympics was on. I hope he wins. I have a show tonight so I may not get to see most of it. I will have to find out what happens.

nicki25 said:
I love Apoll Anton Ohno. I watched him all the time when the winter olympics was on. I hope he wins. I have a show tonight so I may not get to see most of it. I will have to find out what happens.
he is a cutie pie!

I've watched off and on -I'll probably watch tonight just to see if Heather's leg stays on!

Billy Ray has a chance if line dancing is one of the styles!:D :rolleyes: He doesn't still have the mullet does he?

I think everyone is going to be watching to see if Heather's leg stays on or if it comes off. Everyone was talking about that today at work.

ChefBeckyD said:
I've watched off and on -I'll probably watch tonight just to see if Heather's leg stays on!

Billy Ray has a chance if line dancing is one of the styles!:D :rolleyes: He doesn't still have the mullet does he?
His picture that was posted looks like he's in BAD need of a hair cut! I just hope he doesn't slick it back in a pony-tail....I hate that look on a guy!

Heather Mills is on because she said she wants to prove to amputees everywhere that anything is possible.

On the Showbiz Show with David Spade, he said that John Ratzenberger is on to prove Heather Mills wrong.

So....is John R this years Jerry Springer?

John Ratzenberger signed on late after one of the other contestants - Vincent Pastore from the Sopranos had to bow out due to health problems (having suffered past heart attack - just too hard on him). I was no fan of Jerry Springer but I really liked him after he was on the show last time - showed a much better side of him - he wanted to learn the waltz for his daughter's wedding. It was sweet - looking forward to the kick off tonight!

Huge fan here. I saw Jerry Rice at the Celebrity Golf Tourney after his season of DWTS and got him to strut his stuff!. My personal opinion, I would rather watch John Ratzenberger aka Cliff Clavin than the guy he replaced.

I so hope Heather doesn't stay long. I just don't like what she did to Paul.

I agree. She's no queen in my book.

I have never watched but decided to jump in this season. And that was before I heard about Clyde the Glide...I am a Univ of Houston alum and he is one of the biggest names to come from our school! I was psyched about that one!

I think if I would have watched last season Emmitt Smith would have been my fave. He did a local (Texas) super bowl commerical for a grocery chain in his green shirt, parading all up and down the store. It was the best spot of the night! Very funny.

Hmmm, could it be Heather is on because there wasn't a big settlement from Paul, and she needs to pay the bills? Watching right now to see how Billy does - and you are right he neeeds a haircut!

ChefBeckyD said:
................Billy Ray has a chance if line dancing is one of the styles!:D :rolleyes: He doesn't still have the mullet does he?
OMG!!! Did you see him??? He WAS line dancing.....really really bad line dancing!!! I thought he had a little more rythem that that! He was just plain BAD!

pamperedlinda said:
OMG!!! Did you see him??? He WAS line dancing.....really really bad line dancing!!! I thought he had a little more rythem that that! He was just plain BAD!
Bad - SO BAD! And he was shamelessly dancing to his own song and promoting his new album......seriously - he can't last long!

ChefBeckyD said:
Bad - SO BAD! And he was shamelessly dancing to his own song and promoting his new album......seriously - he can't last long!
I have the volume pretty low so I didn't realize it was his song....I just couldn't get over how bad he was.

I am TiVo'ing it...then I can fast forward if they are horrible!

Last season, Emmitt Smith was soooooo cute! He just has a smile that lights up the room! (I was bummed, cuz I wanted Joey Lawrence to win it...but after he was gone, Emmitt was my favorite!)

UGGG, they are all horrible. Only Joey has been good so far. They need better casting. UGG

I had a show and didn't see it till almost the end. I am a HUGE fan of Apollo!!! Considering that he has been at competitions for speed skating while he has been training for Dancing with the Stars, I didn't think he did so bad. He is just so cute.

I am so totally addicted to DWTS. So addicted that I got tickets for my birthday to see the tour! I am sooo happy that Jonathan Roberts is back (he doesn't know it yet but he WILL be my future husband!) I do miss Louis though. I was surprised to find that he didn't come back this year.

I was so not impressed with Billy Ray last night - what a mess! Good thing they let them dance twice before they get booted because I wouldn't know who would be gone because too many were just bad.

jasonmva said:
I am so totally addicted to DWTS. So addicted that I got tickets for my birthday to see the tour! I am sooo happy that Jonathan Roberts is back (he doesn't know it yet but he WILL be my future husband!) I do miss Louis though. I was surprised to find that he didn't come back this year.

I was so not impressed with Billy Ray last night - what a mess! Good thing they let them dance twice before they get booted because I wouldn't know who would be gone because too many were just bad.
Have all of the past shows started out this bad? I realize that the celebrity dancers get better as the season progresses, but is there any real hope for these people? They have to be embarrassed! I thought that Joey and Apollo were pretty good. Leeza, Miss USA/America/whatever her title, and even Heather Mills weren't too bad.....and surprisingly Cliff Clavin (John R) didn't suck too bad. I hope they get better, not sure I can torture myself this much each week.

Oh and congrats on the future nuptials!

pamperedlinda said:
Have all of the past shows started out this bad? I realize that the celebrity dancers get better as the season progresses, but is there any real hope for these people? They have to be embarrassed! I thought that Joey and Apollo were pretty good. Leeza, Miss USA/America/whatever her title, and even Heather Mills weren't too bad.....and surprisingly Cliff Clavin (John R) didn't suck too bad. I hope they get better, not sure I can torture myself this much each week.

Oh and congrats on the future nuptials!

I agree - it was painful to watch! I'm not sure that I can continue watching either.......but my DH did comment that it might be fun to take some ballroom dancing lessons together! (words I never expected to hear from him!) they offer classes thru Community Ed. - maybe we'll have to check it out!:D

ChefBeckyD said:
I agree - it was painful to watch! I'm not sure that I can continue watching either.......but my DH did comment that it might be fun to take some ballroom dancing lessons together! (words I never expected to hear from him!) they offer classes thru Community Ed. - maybe we'll have to check it out!:D
I took ballroom dancing in college and it was a lot of fun. I'd love to take lessons again. I don't think DH would participate though, he can't even stand it when I watch ballroom dancing on PBS.....now those people are really good!

pamperedlinda said:
I took ballroom dancing in college and it was a lot of fun. I'd love to take lessons again. I don't think DH would participate though, he can't even stand it when I watch ballroom dancing on PBS.....now those people are really good!

I love to watch it on PBS too! Those dancers are amazing! My DH will watch with me sometimes....but he also loves to watching Ice Skating Competitions with me too. ;) My biggest problem is I have 2 left feet, and I'm afraid I would be the first person ever in the history of Community Ed to be kicked out of Dancing Class!:eek:

Ballroom Dancing and Ice Skating....now your talking sports! DH laughs at me when I tell him I'm going to watch some sports and then flip one of these on TV! Oh, and just to round it out - my other favorite sport is Baseball.....love my Atlanta Braves!

It's good to be well-rounded! And if my DH can call Nascar a sport, than I think you can call Ice Skating a sport! Have you ever tried to jump and twirl on Ice? Those people are ATHLETES!

I am really looking forward to the waltz. Last year when Jerry Springer & the girl from High School Musical (her name escapes me) did it, I was balling my eyes out. It was just so beautiful and graceful! Granted I also cried at the tour when Harry & Lisa danced the waltz together. I told my BF that I would love to learn ballroom but we are both unsure how well 2 men dancing together in lessons would go over in our town.

jasonmva said:
I am really looking forward to the waltz. Last year when Jerry Springer & the girl from High School Musical (her name escapes me) did it, I was balling my eyes out. It was just so beautiful and graceful! Granted I also cried at the tour when Harry & Lisa danced the waltz together. I told my BF that I would love to learn ballroom but we are both unsure how well 2 men dancing together in lessons would go over in our town.

My only question would be who would lead? But then, that's the same question to be answered with my DH and I too!:D

I did catch the episode when Jerry Springer danced the Waltz....and his daughter was in the audience watching.....it was a true tear jerker. So beautiful, and it even had his partner Kim crying!

ChefBeckyD said:
My only question would be who would lead? But then, that's the same question to be answered with my DH and I too!:D

I did catch the episode when Jerry Springer danced the Waltz....and his daughter was in the audience watching.....it was a true tear jerker. So beautiful, and it even had his partner Kim crying!

Would probably be me - I have to be in control. Plus if he messes up, I can just whip him across the room :D

jasonmva said:
Would probably be me - I have to be in control. Plus if he messes up, I can just whip him across the room :D
Mu issue is (as I said in a previous post) I'm not too coordinated....so I'm not sure if I could dance backwards! But I like the "Whipping across the room" idea too!;)

I never really followed the show last season but I am this season!!!!! Apollo talk about a cutie!!

UGGG, they are all horrible. Only Joey has been good so far. They need better casting. UGG

Have all of the past shows started out this bad? I realize that the celebrity dancers get better as the season progresses, but is there any real hope for these people? They have to be embarrassed!

I agree - it was painful to watch! I'm not sure that I can continue watching either

Gee, am I the only one that didn't think it was that bad? BRC might have been wrong for dancing to his own music (maybe vain...maybe just for laughs whatever) But overall I thought they all did well. At least they were in to it unlike Master P from a few seasons ago (too cool to ballroom dance so he thought) Certainly not polished ballroom dancers but isn't that the whole idea of the show? Were we watching the same show? Maybe you guys can audition to be the new panel of judges. LOL

yummy4tummy said:
Gee, am I the only one that didn't think it was that bad? BRC might have been wrong for dancing to his own music (maybe vain...maybe just for laughs whatever) But overall I thought they all did well. At least they were in to it unlike Master P from a few seasons ago (too cool to ballroom dance so he thought) Certainly not polished ballroom dancers but isn't that the whole idea of the show? Were we watching the same show? Maybe you guys can audition to be the new panel of judges. LOL

I want to be Bruno! :)

jasonmva said:
I want to be Bruno! :)

Oh great! That leaves me and Linda duking it out to be the Old British guy!

ChefBeckyD said:
Oh great! That leaves me and Linda duking it out to be the Old British guy!
you won't get a fight from me.....YOU can be the Old British Guy!! heeheehee:p

I am boycotting it this season because of Heather Mills. We're staunch Paul fans in our household!

AJPratt said:
I am boycotting it this season because of Heather Mills. We're staunch Paul fans in our household!
I know she says she only on the show to prove that people with disabilities can do this sort of stuff....but what's the REAL reason.....that's what I want to know......actually I don't really care :p I think I can pretty much say right now that Joey will win.....unless everyone assumes that and no-one votes for him....oh well, I don't really care either.

My thoughtsWe were talking about the show on another board I belong to and here is what I said (easier to copy and paste then to just type it all over again! :D

BRC {guess I am in the minority } would love to see him go home
JR I think he did great for such short notice, hope he hangs out for while.
"Fat-one" (Joey) {his nickname not my doing} I think he will be a front runner
Ian another front runner IMHO
Laila I thought she did okay but I am okay with her going soon but not first
Clyde needs to find his "glide" in his nickname he was on the trailblazers so I am very familiar with him (although not a bb fan here) I think he could do well if he had a taller partner, whatever happened to John Ohurley's partner for the first season she would have been better match up isn't she taller???
Apollo I think he will go far too
Mrs X-Beattle....she can go now *dont like her --- said so well I AGREE completely!!!!
Shandi I LOVE her, she is on Lingo, she seems like the nicest person I would love for her to stick around for a while. <--sorry that just fits her
Paulina I think she should get to stay for a while too
Leesa I think she is okay but I would be fine with her leaving early. I sometimes think she wears a mask of makeup and I have seen her makeup line but I didn't care how it felt on my skin not that has anything to do with it but I had to say it. hehehe

I really enjoy this show, and I LOVED last season...Joey, Mario, and Emmitt were GREAT! And -- not to mention the season before with Drew Lachay...GREAT dancer! We shall see what happens this season. I was impressed with Joey Fatone and Ian Ziering. It'll be an interesting season no less.

And Jason -- Jonathon is actually married to the red-headed professional dancer, so I'm sorry to burst your bubble. I forget her name, but she's not back this season. You can still hope though! :)

spoiledchef said:
I really enjoy this show, and I LOVED last season...Joey, Mario, and Emmitt were GREAT! And -- not to mention the season before with Drew Lachay...GREAT dancer! We shall see what happens this season. I was impressed with Joey Fatone and Ian Ziering. It'll be an interesting season no less.

And Jason -- Jonathon is actually married to the red-headed professional dancer, so I'm sorry to burst your bubble. I forget her name, but she's not back this season. You can still hope though! :)

I like to think he is only with her temperarily because he hasn't met me yet! And do you know how heartbroken I was to find out Tony is married too?!? C'mon it's ballroom - give me at least one gay one --- please?

jasonmva said:
I like to think he is only with her temperarily because he hasn't met me yet! And do you know how heartbroken I was to find out Tony is married too?!? C'mon it's ballroom - give me at least one gay one --- please?
You mean that they aren't all gay? I'm shocked! :p

pamperedlinda said:
You mean that they aren't all gay? I'm shocked! :p

I know! I think I need to write a letter to have an honorary gay card issued to each of them. I've been a member since 1994.

Love DWTS. My favorite celeb ever on there was Stacey Keebler (sp?) She was a natural all the way. It was hard to choose a favorite that season.
They are all nervous the first few shows. How much guts does it take to do that show? JR was surprising, Apollo is a cutie & I think he'll evolve nicely.
Heather can go. I think she's just trying to do some damage control on her image after the divorce. BRC....I give him 3 wks. tops. Master P...whatta jerk he was/is. He was all about self-promotion. I felt so bad for his partner, Ashley.

I watched this time too. Not sure if you all know but this time around most only had 4 weeks to prepare not the usual 6 and the replacement just barely started. BRC was I thought about the worst, and Leeza was close to him. I know they're all nervous but .... OH, I'dLOVE to see Heather MILLS? get the boot immediately, my little half sister has a prosthesis and most can't tell, she's involved in all types of sports and only takes it off when she's swimming! Heather is a disgrace in more than one way!!!!

Liz

Gay or not...most of them are VERY good-looking. I'll give them that! They are super easy on the eyes, and I'd dance with them any day. LOL! I don't miss Luis though...he irked me a bit...no reason, just did...LOL! I think that Edyta and Alec (x)??? are engaged, too I think...if I'm remembering correctly.

1. What is the current season of Dancing With the Stars about?

The current season of Dancing With the Stars features a lineup of celebrities who are paired with professional dancers to compete in various ballroom and Latin dance styles.

2. Who are some of the celebrity contestants on this season?

Some of the celebrity contestants on this season include Heather Mills, Billy Ray Cyrus, Clyde Drexler, Apollo Anton Ohno, and John Ratzenberger.

3. Will Heather Mills be dancing with her prosthetic leg?

It is unclear if Heather Mills will be dancing with her prosthetic leg or not, but she has stated that she is excited to show her abilities as a dancer and overcome any challenges that may arise.

4. What do people think of Billy Ray Cyrus appearing on the show?

Many people are curious to see how Billy Ray Cyrus will perform on the show, and some are jokingly predicting that he will dance to his famous song "Achy Breaky Heart."

5. How will Clyde Drexler's height affect his dancing?

Being 6'7", Clyde Drexler's height may make some dance moves more challenging, but he is known for his agility and speed on the basketball court, so he may surprise us with his dancing skills.

Back