• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

DIY Car Magnets: Create Your Own Advertising with Dollar Store Finds

The Food Photo is a Great Idea. And what was your Total cost? I have some from Town & Country there pretty heavy but boring....... Love...The Food Photo is a Great Idea. And what was your Total cost? I have some from Town & Country there pretty heavy but boring....... Love...The Food Photo is a Great Idea. And what was your Total cost? I have some from Town & Country there pretty heavy but boring....... Love...I paid $25 for the laminator and $4 for each sheet of 12" x 18". So the cost was $32. Not too bad!I paid $25 for the laminator and $4 for each sheet of 12"
yummy4tummy
Okay, I went to the dollar store and they had some 10 x 13" magnet sheets there so my creative juices started flowing. I designed my own advertising car magnets. I designed an 8 x 10" business card, printed it out, laminated it (laminator is one of my best investments) and then rubber cemented it to the magnet (the "sticky" wasn't sticky enough to hold it while driving I'm sure)

I will post the final product when my DH gets home from work and tells me where the heck he put the digital camera cord. GRRR.

Wow- that is creative! I want to see the final pic!

me too. I am looking for some ideas for my husband's business. He was going to buy magnets.

I am soo thinkin about getting car magnets but hesitate for 1. they might blow off on the freeway and 2. they may ruin the paint on my new car! But I also don't want the permanant window decals, as my DH would object.

heat123 said:
I am soo thinkin about getting car magnets but hesitate for 1. they might blow off on the freeway and 2. they may ruin the paint on my new car! But I also don't want the permanant window decals, as my DH would object.

You can always scrape them off and use goo gone!!

yummy4tummy said:
laminator is one of my best investments

I was thinking about investing in a laminator, just one of those things that would be nice to have!! Has anyone else bought one?? PS: What brand and model do you have? Does it make a flexible lamination, or a stiffer one? TIA :)

heat123 said:
I have mine, and they are really great!
I live in Beaumont, near Palm Springs/Desert. It gets really hot here, and I had some other magnets melt on my car, but not these.
I take them off to wash my SUV and leave them on all the time.
I am no where near a slow driver either.
That stretch of the 10 freeway on my way to Indio, I am hitting at least 90!:eek:
I think they are a great investment, I would like to get the window decals too!!!!!!

car magnets
Chozengirl said:
I live in Beaumont, near Palm Springs/Desert. It gets really hot here, and I had some other magnets melt on my car, but not these.
That stretch of the 10 freeway on my way to Indio, I am hitting at least 90!:eek:
I think they are a great investment, I would like to get the window decals too!!!!!!

I've been wanting to get them but drive a mid sized truck and not sure???
I have a 2005 Nissen Frontier :)

Thanks;

Liz

I love it!
jenniferknapp said:
I was thinking about investing in a laminator, just one of those things that would be nice to have!! Has anyone else bought one?? PS: What brand and model do you have? Does it make a flexible lamination, or a stiffer one? TIA :)

It is a Royal PL2112. It laminates up to 12" wide. The stiffness of the laminate depends on the thickness of the laminate sheets that you buy. The sheets that I use are pretty thick.

lizcooks4u said:
I've been wanting to get them but drive a mid sized truck and not sure???
I have a 2005 Nissen Frontier :)

Thanks;

Liz
I have them on my side doors, you could do the same.
My back isn't magnatized, so I put them on my doors

You can pick up a Laminator for just under $30 at walmart. You can also purchase replacement sheets there as well.:)

yummy4tummy said:
It is a Royal PL2112. It laminates up to 12" wide. The stiffness of the laminate depends on the thickness of the laminate sheets that you buy. The sheets that I use are pretty thick.

Awesome, thanks for the info! I think I may invest in one.... it would be nice to laminate some of the things!

I got mine on ebay. I also found a discount place online for laminate sheets and business card size. I use those to make the "host club card" and "gold customer card"

Here they areI hope you can see them, the glare is really bad. Will accept all advice. Thanks

Attachments

• 100_0529.jpg
    100_0529.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 506
  • 100_0527.jpg
    100_0527.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 487
yummy4tummy said:
I hope you can see them, the glare is really bad. Will accept all advice. Thanks
WOW! Those are pretty cool. What size are they again? The Food Photo is a Great Idea. And what was your Total cost? I have some from Town & Country there pretty heavy but boring....... Love that Photo:D

I figure I saved a bunch
CAmomCookin4U said:
WOW! Those are pretty cool. What size are they again? The Food Photo is a Great Idea. And what was your Total cost? I have some from Town & Country there pretty heavy but boring....... Love that Photo:D

They are 8 1/2 x 11" (landscape)

$1.00 for the magnet, $2 for the cement (will be used for several other things too), paper, laminate. About $2.00 each (at the most):D

yummy4tummy said:
They are 8 1/2 x 11" (landscape)

$1.00 for the magnet, $2 for the cement (will be used for several other things too), paper, laminate. About $2.00 each (at the most):D
Wow do you want to Pick some up for me:D . I will pay postage and for the magnet. I frequent our many dollar stores and have not seen them here.

I love that, thats such a great idea.

CAmomCookin4U said:
Wow do you want to Pick some up for me:D . I will pay postage and for the magnet. I frequent our many dollar stores and have not seen them here.

ditto this response!

okay, so I don't have to make 15 trips to the store, how many want some and how many does each person want? I will go Sunday to give everyone a chance to read and reply.

They look great Valky!!

I want two of them Please

How do we get the info and the money to you?

[email protected]

~

Wow - they look awesome!!

I would like 2 of them also - how do we get you the information and our money???

[email protected]

Awesome Job!!!
those came out great!!!

yummy4tummy said:
okay, so I don't have to make 15 trips to the store, how many want some and how many does each person want? I will go Sunday to give everyone a chance to read and reply.
I just pm'd you laurel

momoftwins said:
I would like 2 of them also - how do we get you the information and our money???

[email protected]

When I get the magnets (I want to make sure they haven't sold out) I will post that I got them and all interested parties can email me your info and PP the payment to me. I have a postal scale that will tell me postage but if it is nothing... well lets just say I am not a "nickel & dime kinda gal" Sound good?

I would love to have 6 if that is possible!! Thank you so much, what a great idea!

Sounds good Valky! :) Thanks! You rock!

Okay BEFORE this gets out of hand, You may want to check with your local craft store or Wallyworld to see if they carry these sheets to see how much they are...If you would really be saving any $$ by me sending them to you or not. I honestly don't have a problem buying them but I just want you to be informed.

Chozengirl said:
Do you have the Merril ones? OR where did you get yours? I think the magnets will do for now. Have you gotten any response from it?

yummy4tummy said:
I got mine on ebay. I also found a discount place online for laminate sheets and business card size. I use those to make the "host club card" and "gold customer card"

Hey Valky what do you do for a Gold Customer?

I was thinking about laminating the host club cards too. Making my own instead of using PCs. Or do we have to use theirs?

SillyChef said:
Hey Valky what do you do for a Gold Customer?

I was thinking about laminating the host club cards too. Making my own instead of using PCs. Or do we have to use theirs?

No, you don't have to use the ones offered by PC vendors.
I have a "Platinum host card" and a "Gold Customer card" they get so many "punches" for show totals or purchases. I would post it on here but it is done on The Print Shop program. Anyway, they can use them in conjunction with other shows too.

1. How do I design my own car magnets using dollar store finds?

To design your own car magnets, you will need to purchase magnet sheets from the dollar store. These sheets should be large enough to fit your desired size for the magnet. Next, design your advertisement using a program like Microsoft Word or Canva. Print out your design and laminate it for durability. Finally, use rubber cement to attach the design to the magnet sheet.

2. Why do I need to laminate my design before attaching it to the magnet sheet?

Laminating your design will protect it from the elements and ensure that it stays intact while on your car. This will also make your car magnets more durable and long-lasting.

3. How do I attach the design to the magnet sheet?

To attach the design to the magnet sheet, use rubber cement. This will provide a strong hold and prevent the design from falling off while driving. Be sure to let the rubber cement dry completely before placing the magnet on your car.

4. Can I use any type of magnet sheet for my car magnets?

It is recommended to use magnet sheets specifically designed for cars to ensure a strong hold and prevent damage to your car's paint. These can often be found at craft stores or online.

5. How do I remove the car magnets from my car?

To remove the car magnets, gently peel them off of your car. If there is any residue left behind, use a mild adhesive remover and a soft cloth to clean it off. Be sure to also clean your car's surface before applying new magnets to avoid any residue buildup.

Back