• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Timeless Beauty of Handel's The Messiah on Kids' Classical Hour

In summary, Kids' Classical Hour on Saturday mornings is a thing I never fail to learn something from. Kids' Classical Hour is a program that plays classical music for kids, generally spanning from the Renaissance to the 20th century. Today's program is about Handel and his The Messiah. Every audience stands during the Hallelujah Chorus, a part of the legend of the work. Cliff Edwards, best known for his work as Jiminy Cricket in Disney's The Lion King, was also a Disney contract singer.
This week, The Kids' Classical Hour will be about Disney music.

If you don't have a station with the same satillite feed out of Boston that my local station has, you can log on to the WFMR web site and listen online.

9:00 AM Central - in about 20 minutes from now.

One more plug to put this at the top of page 1 and then I'll shut up about it.

The Kids' Classical Hour is doing the Carl Staling project - that's Looney Tunes caroon music, folks!Right now!You can hear it on http://wfmr.com/"Be vewy qwiet - I'm hunting wabbit!"

Kill de wabbit, kill de wabbit!My spear and magic helmet!Well what did you expect from an opera, a happy ending?

What's that buzzing I hear? It's Wagner, spinning in his grave!
operadoc.gif

[Cartoon opens, scenes of Elmer directing a storm.]- The Flying Dutchman overture

(Elmer)
Be very quiet ~ I'm hunting wab-bit! - general opera recitative-style music

- From Ride of the Valkyries from The Valkyries:
(Elmer)
Wabbit twacks!!!
Kiww the wabbit, kiww the wabbit, kiww the wabbit
Yo ho to oh! Yo ho to oh! Yo ho...

- Siegfried's Horn Call from The Ring Cycle:
(Bugs)
O mighty warrior of great fighting stock
Might I enquire to ask, eh, what's up doc??

(Elmer)
I'm going to kiww the wabbit!! - Ride of the Valkyries

(Bugs)
Oh mighty warrior t'will be quite a task
How will you do it, might I enquire to ask??
- Siegfried's Horn Call

- General recit. music:

(Elmer)
I will do it with my speaw and magic hewmet!
(Bugs)
Your spear and magic helmet?
(Elmer)
Speaw & magic hewmet!
(Bugs)
Magic helmet?
(Elmer)
Magic hewmet!
(Bugs)
[Sarcastically, aside to audience]Magic helmet.
(Elmer)
Yes, magic hewmet and I'ww give you a sample!

[Elmer gives a sample of his power] - Flying Dutchman overture

(Bugs)
Bye!
(Elmer)
(That was the Wabbit!)

[Chase scene] - General chase music

- Overture to Tannhauser:

[Bugs appears, dressed as Brunhilde, riding on a white horse. Elmer is stupefied.]

(Elmer)
Oh Bwunhilde, you'We so wovewy
(Bugs)
Yes I know it I can't help it!
(Elmer)
Oh Bwunhilde, be my wove!

[Ballet scene] - Bachanal from Tannhauser

http://www.andante.com/images/Articles/WhatsOperaDoc300.jpg

- Tannhauser Overture:

(Elmer)
Wetuwn my wove, a wonging buwns deep inside me
(Bugs)
Return my love, I want you always beside me
(Elmer)
A wove wike ouws must be
(Bugs)
Made for you and for me.
(Bugs & Elmer)
Wetuwn, won't you weturn my wove, for my wove is youws!
[Bugs' helmet and wig slide down the stairs, revealing Bugs as a wabb...er...rabbit]
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/ec/Whats_Opera_Doc_still.png/300px-

- Ride of the Valkyries:
(Elmer)
I'll kill the wabbit!
Awise stowms!
Nowth winds bwow, south winds bwow!
Typhoons, huwwicanes, eawfhquakes. . . SMOG!
Fwash wightning! Stwike the wabbit!

- Tannhauser overture:
(Elmer)
What have I done?? I've kiwwed the wabbit....
Poow wittow bunny, poow wittow wabbit...

[Elmer walks away carrying Bugs in his arms] - Tannhauser overture
(Bugs, aside to audience)
Well, what did you expect in an opera, a happy ending???

We watched What's Opera Doc about 6 times in a row on the last day of class when I took Wagner's Ring Cycle in college. Having just spent the previous 3 weeks watching and discussing all 4 of the ring cycle operas, we thought it was hilarious. And the 12 or so of us in the class tended to sing Brunhilde's theme (yo ho two-oh!) whenever we saw eachother around campus, including in the cafeteria. Sadly, we were not the oddest people on campus. :)

What's Opera Doc? has been voted the #1 animated short of the 20th Century and rightfully so.(Carl Staling was a genius and he didn't do What's Opera Doc?!!!)S M O G ! ! !I bet the average movie goer had no idea what that meant.

I know Stalling didn't do Opera, but no concert of cartoon music would be complete without it!Leopold, Leopold! (A reference that today's viewers don't understand.)

Just another Mickey Mouse operation.

<h2>1. What is Kids' Classical Hour and when does it air?</h2><p>Kids' Classical Hour is a radio program that airs every Saturday morning at 9:00. It is a satellite feed out of Boston, but it may also be available locally.</p><h2>2. What is the topic of today's Kids' Classical Hour?</h2><p>Today's Kids' Classical Hour is about Handel and his famous work, The Messiah.</p><h2>3. What is the legend surrounding The Messiah and the Hallelujah Chorus?</h2><p>The legend is that during a performance of The Messiah, the king was so captivated by the Hallelujah Chorus that he stood up, and the rest of the audience followed suit. This tradition continues to this day, with audiences standing during the Hallelujah Chorus.</p><h2>4. Can I listen to Kids' Classical Hour online?</h2><p>Yes, you can listen to Kids' Classical Hour online. It is part of a satellite feed, so it may be available on various radio station websites or through streaming services.</p><h2>5. Is Kids' Classical Hour only for children?</h2><p>No, Kids' Classical Hour is designed to be educational and enjoyable for listeners of all ages. Even adults can learn something new and appreciate the music on this program.</p>

1. What is Kids' Classical Hour and when does it air?

Kids' Classical Hour is a radio program that airs every Saturday morning at 9:00. It is a satellite feed out of Boston, but it may also be available locally.

2. What is the topic of today's Kids' Classical Hour?

Today's Kids' Classical Hour is about Handel and his famous work, The Messiah.

3. What is the legend surrounding The Messiah and the Hallelujah Chorus?

The legend is that during a performance of The Messiah, the king was so captivated by the Hallelujah Chorus that he stood up, and the rest of the audience followed suit. This tradition continues to this day, with audiences standing during the Hallelujah Chorus.

4. Can I listen to Kids' Classical Hour online?

Yes, you can listen to Kids' Classical Hour online. It is part of a satellite feed, so it may be available on various radio station websites or through streaming services.

5. Is Kids' Classical Hour only for children?

No, Kids' Classical Hour is designed to be educational and enjoyable for listeners of all ages. Even adults can learn something new and appreciate the music on this program.

Back