• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did You See the Miley Cyrus Pic?

In summary, the conversation discusses a controversial photo of Miley Cyrus with friends, including an Asian man, where they appear to be drinking alcohol. The group's actions and Miley's response to the criticism are questioned, as well as the media's role in perpetuating the controversy. The conversation also brings up similar incidents with other celebrities, such as Michael Phelps. Overall, the conversation highlights the importance of taking responsibility for one's actions, especially for those in the public eye.
PampChefJoy
Gold Member
I am Asian, but I have a really high tolerance for people's ignorance sometimes... but this one just rubs me the wrong way. I think it's because it is SO OBVIOUSLY meant to be mocking Asians, yet she claims she is the victim and is misunderstood.

What a crock. My daughter loves her and looks up to her as a role model... I am so disgusted by her response.

No, what pic are you talking about?

I missed the whole controversy...my daughter loves her music too...Luckily, my daughter doesn't watch "the media" so wouldn't see this to know it happened, but I'm going to check it out. I'd have to say my daughter would be upset if she knew it happened. There is an adopted Asian girl in her class (a year younger) that she adores!

I would be just as concered that they all look DRUNK... all kids make bad choices but kids like Miley should be more aware of surroundings since they are so high profile

JDooley said:
I would be just as concered that they all look DRUNK... all kids make bad choices but kids like Miley should be more aware of surroundings since they are so high profile

Yeah, kind of like Michael Phelps...how stupid...you win 8 gold medals, what makes you think someone won't catch you smoking pot!

JDooley said:

Well, yeah, the one guy on the right is obviously holding a glass of wine, wonder how old he is?

what is the "context" that the pic was taken in? there is an asian man in the picture???

Well, yeah, the one guy on the right is obviously holding a glass of wine, wonder how old he is?

i know that her boyfriend is 21. so im sure most of his friend - & im sure most of her friends even - are over the drinking age.

PCJenni said:
what is the "context" that the pic was taken in? there is an asian man in the picture???

I was wondering this myself. Not that it makes it by any means ok, especially her response, but maybe the Asian boy suggested the pic and the media is running with it. Her response was rediculous no matter the context though! At least Michael Phelps all out admitted he was wrong, didn't try to brush it aside, just admitted it was stupid and wrong and apologized.

The whole thing with Michael Phelps is actually years old. Its just now entering the media. And the picture of Miley with the kids, I'm sure it was just a silly thing they were doing because half of them, if not all, were drunk and like mentioned before, the media is probably just running with it. From my understanding, his picture didn't hit the internet thru right passages either. My understanding is that it was posted by a hacker...

ragschef said:
The whole thing with Michael Phelps is actually years old. Its just now entering the media. And the picture of Miley with the kids, I'm sure it was just a silly thing they were doing because half of them, if not all, were drunk and like mentioned before, the media is probably just running with it. From my understanding, his picture didn't hit the internet thru right passages either. My understanding is that it was posted by a hacker...

At least he just fessed up, admitted it was stupid and apologized for it though! Whether it happened a long time ago or now, he's not saying anything like he's being picked on by the media. He's just saying it was stupid and a big mistake HE made, which I think is really important for those of us who look up to him or have kids who do. People make mistakes, even (well, especially, really) role models. How they handle themselves afterwards is way more important to me than what they did most of the time.

I thought it was just a few months ago??

pamperedlinda said:
I thought it was just a few months ago??

I thought that too. The DUI thing with him was years ago, but I thought this was recent. Well, I'm not exactly an celebrity expert though!

ragschef said:

It happened this past November

janezapchef said:
I thought that too. The DUI thing with him was years ago, but I thought this was recent. Well, I'm not exactly an celebrity expert though!

His DUI happened right after the 04 Olympics

Everyone does stupid things - especially when you are younger. I'm not condoning this in any way, shape or form. But it almost appears that the Asian gentleman is in essence "mocking" caucasions because he has his eyes so wide open. I'm sure everyone was just being stupid. I agree that being in the limelight that you get more crud about doing stupid stuff, but since she is obviously friends with this Asian gentleman, I'm sure she and the others aren't trying to shun or make fun in a bad way. I give "jest" to some of my friends that are black and Asian, and Italian.....it's just a way of messing around. I wouldn't take it with too much more than a grain of salt!!

I think people are making way too big of a deal out of it.The girl cannot do anything with out someone people reading something into it. Just b/c she posed for the pic does not mean she is "making fun" of Asian people. It gets ridiculous at times to me how much a celebrities life is so criticed by all.

Michael Phelps is a whole another story and situation and does not compare to Miley. All of his endorsement should be pulled. I am proud of Kellogg's for pulling theirs. Smoking dop is way bigger. And this is not his first mistake, this is his 2nd. History is repeating itself and he is using the "mistake" to get people over it. Smoking dop is not something that just happens out of the blue.:grumpy:

Remember these are my opinions and I know many will not agree with me but these are mine.

jrstephens said:
I think people are making way too big of a deal out of it.The girl cannot do anything with out someone people reading something into it. Just b/c she posed for the pic does not mean she is "making fun" of Asian people. It gets ridiculous at times to me how much a celebrities life is so criticed by all.

Michael Phelps is a whole another story and situation and does not compare to Miley. All of his endorsement should be pulled. I am proud of Kellogg's for pulling theirs. Smoking dop is way bigger. And this is not his first mistake, this is his 2nd. History is repeating itself and he is using the "mistake" to get people over it. Smoking dop is not something that just happens out of the blue.:grumpy:

Remember these are my opinions and I know many will not agree with me but these are mine.

I agree completely with this entire statement. And I"m also sure this is not the first time Phelps has smoked pot. He prob has just stayed clean during his events. Underage DUI and smoking pot? NOt much of a role model.
The only role models for our kids should be their PARENTS!

jrstephens said:

Unless you are Asian, you couldn't understand. I am. She may not mean to make fun of Asians, but in our eyes, she is. We have been called Japs, Chinks, and every other racist comment. My parents were discriminated against before and while I was growing up. Not served in restaurants, stores, etc. House, land and livelihood RIPPED from under their feet. When they were released from the concentration camps here in the US, they gave the entire family $100 and told them get off the train.

So seeing this picture hits a raw spot in my heart. Growing up I wished every night when I went to bed I would wake up caucasion, can you imagine that? Ashamed of my ethicnity, NOW, I'm ashamed those were my thoughts back then.

I married a black man 28 years ago. Everyone said it wouldn't last. Well, nothing's happening to us. We compliment each other. He told me he loved me so much because not just because who I am, but where I came from. I understand what his family and other black people have gone through with discrimination. Unless you lived racial discrimination, you have no idea seeing something like this means to us. People who have suffered from racial discrimination understand exactly what I'm talking about.

So please do not accept/tolerate this. I hope every parent is teaching their kids not to act/treat people this way. It does hurt people no matter what one may "think" what "they meant." Let's get rid of it...we can...with our generation.

Jennifer, by no means am I trying to attack you or your comment. I feel you are a friend. I just want folks here to understand where Joy and I (and others) are coming from.

I know I'm going out on a limb here...I just hope I'm not bombarded with hate mail. I'm not trying to stir the pot or make this a racial thing. I just want people to understand simple jesters like this picture is offensive and hurts.

I can't ever figure out why people who are "famous" do such dumb things. They just know people are always on the hunt for dirt and gossip. I was so impressed with the talent of Michael, it was so disappointing to hear about his DUI and the pot. Great example there buddy! Maybe they don't like the spotlight, maybe they want people to think they are human, maybe they hate the pressure. They are young and like most young kids- stupid at times. I think lots of people get involved with the wrong crowd or make mistakes, but they don't have it brought out in front of the whole world. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." The whole Miley thing, I'm not sure what to think about it. I feel bad if people were offended by it, but I don't think she was trying to being racist. I think that picture is bizarre to begin with, they all look drunk and are squinting but I can't tell if it's on purpose (except for the 2 who are using their hands to pull their eyes). Since there was a friend right there who is Asian, I wouldn't think that they would be seriously making fun. But if they were all drunk, maybe they were just being dumb with their impaired judgement. Again, famous people not being careful when there are cameras around.Wow, it's late, I'm tired. I might not be making much sense. I should get to sleep.

babywings76 said:
I can't ever figure out why people who are "famous" do such dumb things. ......

because no one will tell them NO!

Related to Did You See the Miley Cyrus Pic?

1. What was the Miley Cyrus pic about?

The Miley Cyrus pic that has been circulating online is a promotional photo for her new album "Plastic Hearts".

2. Where can I see the Miley Cyrus pic?

The Miley Cyrus pic can be found on her social media accounts, as well as on various media outlets and fan pages.

3. Why is the Miley Cyrus pic causing controversy?

The Miley Cyrus pic has caused controversy due to the revealing outfit she is wearing and the suggestive pose she is striking.

4. Was the Miley Cyrus pic edited or photoshopped?

There is no evidence to suggest that the Miley Cyrus pic has been edited or photoshopped. It is a professional promotional photo taken by her team.

5. Does the Miley Cyrus pic reflect her true image?

The Miley Cyrus pic is a deliberate and carefully crafted image for her new album, and may not necessarily reflect her true image. It is important to remember that celebrities often use photoshoots and styling to create a certain image for their brand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• susanr613
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
fikibiff
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam