• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did I Get the Worst Sunburn Ever at the Lake Yesterday?

In summary, Lacy mentioned that she burned her legs from the sun and that she is also peeling from a sunburn. She suggests that others try Corium21 cream and that it is worth the price.
lacychef
So, yesterday I went to the lake with my parents....and the sun was BLAZING. I fried my legs from top to bottom:mad: (yes, I even had on sunscreen--spf 45! I hate being a fair-skinned girl somedays!) So if we were in wave 1 or 2, all you wave 3 gals could recognize me by my red-like-a-lobster legs! I just hope I'm not peeling at conference! I'm running out of my aloe vera spray......sorry, just had to whine a little, lol!

Lacy~

Sorry tohear about your burn. At least you aren't traveling right now and dealing with that! Hopefully by the time you leave for Wave 3 you won't be in pain!

Keep lotion on it even after it doesn't hurt, so maybe you won't peel!

OUCH! It was HOT and windy here yesterday. And you guys haven't had all the RAIN that we've had (now it's moved SW). I think that DS and I are headed off to the pool in a little bit.

Ooohh, so sorry, Lacy. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Ouch! I burned my back last week b/c there was no one to help me apply lotion. It's so itchy right now.

I hope you're feeling better soon!

I burned a little yesterday too. The sun was so intense! My arms are already tanned now & hopefully my back & chest will go from pink to tan by tomorrow. I leave Wed for conference.

thanks guys! I have been applying lotion/aloe every hour-2 hours. I just hope it doesn't peel....that's so nasty!

Lacy,
Have you ever applied cider vinegar with ice cubes in it?
Don't know what it is that works but it will relieve the burning and you won't peel.

I've done this many times & my kids hate it but they don't blister and peel.
We do it as soon as we come in just dip a soft cloth and swipe it gently over the area. (we have a microfiber cloth just for this)

Teresa Lynn said:
Lacy,
Have you ever applied cider vinegar with ice cubes in it?
Don't know what it is that works but it will relieve the burning and you won't peel.

I've done this many times & my kids hate it but they don't blister and peel.
We do it as soon as we come in just dip a soft cloth and swipe it gently over the area. (we have a microfiber cloth just for this)
No I haven't heard that before, but I'll keep it in mind! I found some Banana Boat stuff that you spray on & it says it prevents peeling. (keeping fingers crossed!)

Lacy,

You have to try our miracle cream. It is called Corium21. www.corium21.com I bought it at the fair last year and got the 4oz. It is the perfect size. My family, especially my fair skinned DH, uses it everytime we burn. It sooths it immediately and you don't peel. My kids call it the after lotion. It is worth the price. $29.99 + s/h. I let the vendors this past weekend use it. They were burnt really bad and used it and felt so much better.

I am peeling RIGHT NOW from a sunburn I got last week. I have been making DH scrub my back every evening to try to get the peeling finished before I leave for Chicago - I don't want to be all itchy and squirmy while there!!

Related to Did I Get the Worst Sunburn Ever at the Lake Yesterday?

What are the best ways to relieve the pain of a bad sunburn?

1. Take a cool shower or bath: This can help soothe the burn and provide temporary relief.2. Apply aloe vera gel: Aloe has natural anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce pain and inflammation.3. Take an anti-inflammatory medication: Over-the-counter medications like ibuprofen can help with pain and swelling.4. Drink plenty of water: Sunburns can cause dehydration, so make sure to drink lots of water to stay hydrated.5. Use a cold compress: Applying a cold compress or ice pack to the affected area can provide relief from the burning sensation.

Can I still use sunscreen on a sunburned area?

Yes, you can still use sunscreen on a sunburned area. However, it may not be as effective as it would be on healthy skin. It's best to wait until the sunburn has healed before going back into the sun and reapplying sunscreen.

How long does it take for a sunburn to heal?

The healing time for a sunburn can vary depending on the severity of the burn. Generally, mild sunburns can heal within a few days to a week, while more severe burns may take up to two weeks. It's important to keep the affected area moisturized and protected from further sun exposure during the healing process.

Can I prevent peeling after a sunburn?

Peeling is a natural part of the healing process for a sunburn. However, you can help minimize peeling by keeping the affected area moisturized with lotion or aloe vera gel. It's also important to stay hydrated and avoid further sun exposure to prevent the skin from drying out and peeling.

When should I see a doctor for a sunburn?

If you experience severe pain, blistering, fever, or chills from a sunburn, it's best to see a doctor. These can be signs of a more serious sunburn that may require medical treatment. It's also important to seek medical attention if the sunburn covers a large area of your body or if you have any other concerns about the burn.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thechefofnorthbend
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
Back