• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did Bonnie & Clyde's relatives gather in KC to share their stories?

In summary, Jim Spawn, an editor who lives in Kansas City, Mo., came across a cousin of Blanche Barrow, who has photos of Blanche's days with the Barrow gang. Blanche was married to Buck Barrow, Clyde's brother. The gang was holed up north of KC at the Red Crown Tavern and Cabins. After the shootout, Blanche was arrested and taken back to Platte County. She was tried and sentenced to 10 years. Jim has published photos of Buck and Blanche together and they were a most unlikely couple.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
One of my favorite editors, Jim Spawn, lives in Kansas City, Mo. Not too long ago, he came across a cousin of Blanche Barrow, who has photos of Blanche's days with the Barrow gang. Blanche was married to Buck Barrow, Clyde's brother.In 1933, the gang was holed up north of KC at the Red Crown Tavern and Cabins. (The Red Crown was close to KCI Airport, the site is under I-29.) Jim hosted a symposium about the shootout over the weekend, with relatives of both members of the gang and relatives of law enforcement in attendance.The symposium was in today's Kansas City Star and I just wanted to share it with you all.http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2007/09/30/22/275-BONNIECLYDE_ME_O92907_KAM_049a_10-01-2007_86URTU6.embedded.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

nice photo kg....i always love seeing these types of caravans.

That is a great photo, isn't it? That was after the seminar, when some hearty souls followed the route that (historians think) The Barrow Gang took when they left Platte County. It took them almost 24 hours to get out of the county.Buck Barrow had taken a gun shot to the head, and when the gang got to Iowa, they took him to a hospital where he died. Blanche was arrested and taken back to Platte County. She was tried and sentenced to 10 years.Blanche always claimed she didn't participate in any of the gang's activities, but she was so in love with Buck that she went along.Jim has published photos of Buck and Blanche together (the photos are not available online) and they were a most unlikely couple. He was tall, she was tiny. In one photo, she is jack-knifed between Buck and the side mounted spare tire of a stolen Model A Ford. He was dapper and she was very attractive. The bank robbery business, other than being fatal, must have otherwise been fairly lucrative as they both were nattily dressed.

Thanks for sharing that interesting bit of history, KG.

More from Platte Countyhttp://www.plattecountycitizen.com/images/BC.gif

The http://www.plattecountycitizen.com/headline4.html covered the event, too! There's a nice article and some interesting photos on their website.

http://www.plattecountycitizen.com/images/BC13.gif

Related to Did Bonnie & Clyde's relatives gather in KC to share their stories?

What is "Bonnie & Clyde on the Run"?

"Bonnie & Clyde on the Run" is a fun and engaging cooking party theme offered by Pampered Chef. It is inspired by the infamous outlaw duo and features recipes and kitchen tools that will make you feel like you're on the run with Bonnie and Clyde.

What types of recipes are included in the "Bonnie & Clyde on the Run" theme?

The recipes featured in "Bonnie & Clyde on the Run" are all inspired by the foods that Bonnie and Clyde may have eaten during their time on the run. This includes dishes such as homemade jerky, campfire chili, and even a twist on the classic PB&J sandwich.

Do I need to have prior cooking experience to host a "Bonnie & Clyde on the Run" party?

No cooking experience is necessary to host a "Bonnie & Clyde on the Run" party. Our recipes are designed to be easy to follow and our kitchen tools make cooking a breeze. Plus, our consultant will be there to guide you and your guests every step of the way.

What kitchen tools are recommended for the "Bonnie & Clyde on the Run" theme?

To fully immerse yourself in the "Bonnie & Clyde on the Run" experience, we recommend using our Rockcrok® Dutch Oven, Chef's Silicone Basting Brush, and Quick Slice. These tools will help you create delicious dishes while channeling your inner outlaw.

Is "Bonnie & Clyde on the Run" suitable for all ages?

Yes, "Bonnie & Clyde on the Run" is suitable for all ages. Our recipes and activities can be tailored to fit the age and skill level of your guests. It's a great way to get the whole family involved in the cooking process and have a fun time together.

Back