• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious and Nutritious Pregnancy Snacks: Any Recommendations?

In summary, Debbie found a website that has healthy pregnancy recipes and snacks. She found that snacks are a huge topic and that there are many lists. She found that she craved dairy and proteins, and that smoothies were her favorite snack. She also found that Ranch dressing was a good snack.
feather18
Hey, im looking for some good recipes or ideas for snacks while im pregnant! Anyone have any ideas? Good tasty ones? that are also healthy?
I know I should be eating fruits and veggies, what other things should i eat...? Yes this is my first time , and i know i should take care of my self, but i need fun GOOD food ideas??

THanks!!! :D :love:

Eat Almonds!! They are so ggod for you and take care of some of the problems that can occur during pregnancy! Congratulations!

Check this out!I found this website and thought of you.

BabyFit: Healthy Pregnancy Recipes

I am sure they have some great suggestions for mothers to be and with me I had gestational diabetes, so I always needed good recipes for that. Click on snacks it's a huge list!! Plus there are plenty of other lists too.

What are you craving?

Debbie :D

I am pregnant now also and NOTHING tastes good. With my first one I really enjoyed wheat toast, with a smear of cream cheese and strawberries cut up on top!! YUMMY! I couldn't wait to eat it in the morning... not so much this time around. I also ate a lot of apples and peanut butter last time. This time I'm not eating so healthy, I just want to finally eat something that tastes good but I'm not having luck. I also did a trail mix type of thing, cashews, almonds, crasins - I loved that too.

Hopefully you will be like me on my first one and you will crave good for you stuff!

Congratulations!

Smoothies were my favorite snack when I was pregnant! I was strange though - dairy was one of the things I craved and tolerated the best.

I would blend plain yogurt, fruit juice, a couple handfuls of frozen berries or other frozen fruit, and a splash of vanilla. LOVED that!

I also had this thing for Ranch Dressing. So I ate alot of veggies (raw & cooked) dipped in ranch dressing. I loved a baked potato w/ broccoli and cheese - and topped with Ranch Dressing!:D

I kept a canister of dried apricots at my desk. They were a good source of Iron, which I was lacking.

If you are having nauseau still, try and always keep something little in your stomach... whole wheat crackers or crackers with peanut butter aren't terribly bad and easy to tolerate. I also found that having life savers or other hard candies in my mouth helped (you can get sugar free). Orange juice has a lot of folic acid and I also found I craved citrus. I had a lot of trouble with proteins (meat) in the beginning, but cheese and dairy products that are also high in protein went down easier. Pretzels with cream cheese (light cream cheese) was a favorite. Congratulations and good luck! Oh, the book "what to eat when expecting" has lots of nutrition info, but IMHO it is a little over the top (ie everything is bad for you except whole grains, fruit and vegetables you prepare, and lean protein).

Drink plenty of fluids especially water.

I had gestational diabetes when pregnant with my two - did great with the first one, not so good with the second on diet. I knew what I "should" eat but didn't always follow it...

Healthy snacks while pregnant...hmmmm that statement just sounds wrong :D I gave into my cravings while I was pregnant so I don't think I can help you. The best was with my 3rd when I CRAVED Wendy's salads! In the middle months the salad alone wasn't enough so I also had the $.99 burger, but those last few months I could barely make it through the salad. With our 4th it was cashews! I couldn't get enough cashews. With my first, Fruity Peebles for breakfast lunch and dinner! I hate Oreos and with my 3rd I could eat a whole bag in 2 days (in between salads) :p

Maybe one of my cravings could be turned into a healthy snack for you. Oh Wheat Thins, with my 4th I ate alot of Wheat Thins.

hey thank you so much for the ideas!!! and thanks for the website!! I havent craved anything yet, and infact, i havent had a taste for anything! I hate that!!! But i have been liking oranges, but not just any orange, tangelos. YUM. But latley nothing sounds good to me. I guess i will have to make myself eat good. Thanks for all your idea and help!!:love: :D :love: :D :p

While pregnant...This may not exactly be a healthy snack, but if you are nauseated, a starlite mint may help soothe your stomach, since you can't take any medicine. That was the only thing that slightly helped me back in the day! (My baby is a senior in high school now! And wouldn't that gorgeous hunk cringe if he knew I refered to him as "my baby!")
Best wishes on your pregnancy!
Rosemarie Torem

Last edited:
Line a strainer (splatter screen works too) with a couple sheets of paper towels. Empty a container of yogurt (the ones that are just a single serving) onto the paper towels and put in fridge for a couple days. The whey will pull out into the paper towels and you'll end up with a consistency similar to cream cheese spread. Dip/spread onto crackers.. SOOOO yummy! (I have a thing of strawberry in the fridge right now.)

Related to Delicious and Nutritious Pregnancy Snacks: Any Recommendations?

1. What are some good snacks to eat while pregnant?

Some good snacks to eat while pregnant include fresh fruit, vegetables with hummus or yogurt dip, whole grain crackers with cheese, nuts and seeds, and hard-boiled eggs.

2. Are there any snacks that can help with nausea during pregnancy?

Yes, there are some snacks that can help with nausea during pregnancy. Ginger-based snacks like ginger cookies or ginger tea can help settle the stomach. Also, bland snacks like crackers or dry toast may also be helpful.

3. Can I still eat snacks that I enjoyed before I was pregnant?

It is generally safe to continue eating snacks that you enjoyed before pregnancy. However, it is important to make sure they are not high in harmful ingredients like caffeine, unpasteurized dairy products, or deli meats. It is always best to consult with your healthcare provider for specific recommendations for your pregnancy.

4. Are there any snacks that are high in nutrients for my growing baby?

Yes, there are many snacks that are high in nutrients for your growing baby. Some examples include yogurt with added fruit, smoothies with spinach or kale, avocado toast, and trail mix with dried fruits and nuts.

5. Can I still have sweets as snacks while pregnant?

It is okay to indulge in sweets as snacks while pregnant, but it is important to do so in moderation. Opt for healthier sweet options like dark chocolate, homemade energy bites, or fruit-based desserts. As always, consult with your healthcare provider for specific dietary recommendations during pregnancy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• GracedLiving
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • Pampered Laura
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies