• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dark Spots on Non-Stick Cookware: Normal or a Cause for Concern?

In summary, the best way to prevent black spots on executive cookware is to properly season it and avoid using metal utensils. The spots are not harmful but may need to be addressed if they become too large or numerous. To get rid of small spots, try scrubbing with baking soda and water, but larger spots may require re-seasoning or replacement. It is safe to use soap to clean the cookware, but avoid harsh abrasives and make sure to dry it thoroughly to prevent rust.
DebinNC
My 2 pieces have dark spots on the underside after being used a few times. It's like some sort of discoloration. Is it normal or is there a way to remove them? I've tried baking soda, but it didn't work.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Mine have that as well. I would think it to be normal, but I am really not sure.

Mine has it too. I think it is where food got underneath while cooking.

Try a little BKF

It's a discoloration of the titanium alloy. It comes off with PC Stainless cleaner.

Thanks for all the replies. I'll head out for some SS cleaner and give it a go.

A little baking soda, water and elbow grease will do the trick as well. And it's cheaper.

DebinNC said:
Thanks for all the replies. I'll head out for some SS cleaner and give it a go.

I don't think you are supposed to use the SS Cleaner on the Executive non-stick cookware though. Unless I'm misunderstanding the problem....

1. How can I prevent black spots from appearing on my executive cookware?

The best way to prevent black spots on your executive cookware is to properly season it before use. This involves coating the cookware with a thin layer of oil and heating it in the oven for a specific amount of time. It is also important to avoid using metal utensils on the cookware, as this can cause scratches that can lead to black spots.

2. Are black spots on my executive cookware harmful?

No, the black spots on your executive cookware are not harmful. They are simply a result of the seasoning process and will not affect the performance or safety of the cookware. However, if the spots become too large or numerous, it may be time to re-season or replace the cookware.

3. Can I still use my executive cookware if it has black spots?

Yes, you can still use your executive cookware with black spots. However, it is important to keep an eye on the spots and make sure they do not continue to grow or darken. If they do, it may be time to re-season or replace the cookware.

4. How do I get rid of black spots on my executive cookware?

If the black spots are small and not causing any issues, they can be left as is. However, if you want to get rid of them, you can try scrubbing the cookware with a mixture of baking soda and water. If the spots are larger and more severe, it may be necessary to re-season or replace the cookware.

5. Can I still use soap to clean my executive cookware with black spots?

Yes, it is safe to use soap to clean your executive cookware with black spots. Just be sure to avoid using harsh abrasives or metal scrubbers, as these can worsen the spots. It is also important to thoroughly dry the cookware after washing to prevent rust from forming on the spots.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sk8Mom209
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Tash
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • pchefinski