• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Sorbet for a Party: 14 oz of Haagen Dazs & Sherbet Substitute?

In summary, the author went shopping for sorbet and couldn't find any. They then found a small container of Haagen Dazs brand sherbet. They were short 2 oz. so they decided to just get the container. The author says that the difference between sherbet and sorbet is that sherbet is dairy based and sorbet is just fruit & sugar. The author also says that this is their favorite punch and that they make it all the time.
babywings76
Gold Member
I've never made this before but it sounds so good, I thought I'd make it for my party tomorrow.

I went shopping today and had a hard time finding "Sorbet". I saw a small 14 oz container of Haagen Dazs (sp?) brand. That was it. Tons of sherbet though. So I just picked up one of those 14 oz containers because I couldn't remember exactly, but I thought a pint was 16 oz. Do you think being short 2 oz. will be a big deal? Hope not. And for the next time I make this, would sherbet be okay?

Yes and Yes. 2 oz won't make a big deal, and I think I can rarely find the sorbet either and have used the sherbet.And it is delicious! I love it.

Great! Good to know! That Haagen Dazs is expensive, too!

There is a difference between sherbet and sorbet. I think you'll notice a big difference in the taste. However, that doesn't mean that it won't be good with sherbet.

raebates said:
There is a difference between sherbet and sorbet. I think you'll notice a big difference in the taste. However, that doesn't mean that it won't be good with sherbet.

Yeah. The difference is that sherbet is dairy based, and sorbet is just fruit & sugar. It makes a difference in the taste (not bad - just different) and the sherbet is also going to make an opaque looking drink. It's more transparent when you use the sorbet.

I'm fortunate that Meijers has started carrying their own store brand sorbets, so I can get it for a reasonable price, and it often goes on sale too! This is my favorite punch!

I recently made it with cran-raspberry juice and raspberry sherbet, tasted wonderful!! Everyone loved it.

I can't find sorbet in my small rural town. So I actually made some from a recipe on the internet. Basically boil raspberries with sugar and freeze. Love the Cran Raspberry Frizz recipe.

I make it all the time at shows and go back and forth between sherbet and sorbet - it always tastes fabulous and is always a hit :) Don't worry :)

I wonder if you could make your own sorbet and use the MFP? We have a recipe for strawberry ice. And there are tons of sorbet recipes online.

1. Can I use any flavor of Haagen Dazs and sherbet for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any flavor of Haagen Dazs and sherbet that you prefer. However, for best results, we recommend using complementary flavors for a more well-rounded sorbet.

2. How many servings does this recipe yield?

This recipe makes approximately 8 servings, assuming each serving is about 1/2 cup.

3. Can I make this sorbet in advance?

Yes, you can make this sorbet a day or two in advance. Just keep it in an airtight container in the freezer until ready to serve. Be sure to let it soften for a few minutes before scooping.

4. Can I substitute the Haagen Dazs and sherbet with other brands?

While you can certainly try using other brands, we recommend using Haagen Dazs and sherbet for the best results. These brands have a creamy and smooth texture that works well for sorbet. Other brands may yield a different consistency and flavor.

5. How far in advance should I make this for a party?

We recommend making this sorbet the same day as your party for optimal freshness. However, if you need to make it a day or two in advance, be sure to store it properly in the freezer and let it soften before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PamperedSD
  • dianevill
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kkimpinski
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies