• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Comparing an iPod Touch 8G vs. 32G: Which is Right for You?

In summary, the iPod touch is a great investment for someone who wants to replace an ipad or smart phone. There is a $100 price difference between the 32G and 8G models, but the 8G model has more space.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Instead of an ipad or smart phone, I have decided to invest in an ipod touch.

Do you recommend 32G or 8 G?

There is about a $100 price difference between the two.

This will, in part, replace my last mp3 player, which was filled almost to capacity at 4G. I am wondering if 8 G will really be enough for me once I add some apps.

I really wish there was something in the middle!

I would call tech support and ask them what they think we will need.

I have a 32G and love it. I have close to 2000 songs and tons of apps and still have a lot of room. I will have it for a long time and won't need to update it. Got it two years ago so I don't have a camera on mine bit it's great for getting on the Internet and not having to pay any monthly fee.

I don't see the point of a camera since I have a camera on my cel and carry my digital camera all the time for work purposes anyway. Thing is, older versions cost as much or more than the new!

I have a 32Gb and love it...has TONS of songs, training mp3s, etc, and lots of games. I would be lost if I had to go down to an 8gb...I don't know what I'd cut!If you can swing it, I'd get the 32 Gb! It is 4x the space. Do the math ;)
Anyway- "add one more show to your calendar". (I hate that line, but if you can, that WOULD make up the difference in cost.)

I also have the 32 Gb one and am so happy I got that size. It's been great!

I got the 8G. My daughter works at Target in electronics and said is is plenty for what I need and I didn't want to spend the extra $$$. SO excited to get going on it!!

Sandi

Well gifts for Christmas and my birthday will be making up the cost difference, and paying for the protection plan too. I will be eligible for reward points through Key Bank and will use that toward an Amazon gift card as well!

What is the difference between an iPod Touch 8G and 32G?

The main difference between an iPod Touch 8G and 32G is the storage capacity. The 8G model has 8 gigabytes of storage, while the 32G model has 32 gigabytes. This means that the 32G model can hold four times as much music, videos, and apps as the 8G model.

What factors should I consider when choosing between the two models?

When deciding between the iPod Touch 8G and 32G, you should consider your storage needs and budget. If you have a large music or video library and want to store a lot of apps, the 32G model may be a better choice. However, if you have a smaller library and are looking for a more affordable option, the 8G model may be sufficient.

Are there any other notable differences between the two models?

In addition to storage capacity, the iPod Touch 8G and 32G also have differences in processing power and price. The 32G model has a faster processor, which may result in smoother performance and faster app loading times. However, it also comes at a higher price point compared to the 8G model.

Can I upgrade the storage on an iPod Touch?

No, the storage capacity on an iPod Touch cannot be upgraded. You will need to choose the model with the desired storage capacity from the beginning.

Which model is right for me?

The right model for you will depend on your personal needs and preferences. If you have a large media library and want a faster processor, the 32G model may be the better choice. However, if you are on a budget or have a smaller library, the 8G model may be sufficient. Consider your storage needs, budget, and desired performance when making your decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Melissa78
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • chefjeanine
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
hollye44
  • DebPC