• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Butcher Knife Block (Filling Other Slots)

In summary, the customer is unhappy because there are empty slots and some of the knives and especially the shears don't fit correctly. The fork won't fit but the knife does. The suggested way to fill the empty slots is to put a piece of posterboard or some kind of cardboard in the large hole so the fork can fit.
KivaSlade
Hi! I had a guest purchase this and now she would like to purchase the 4 steak knives. That still leaves 2 holes/slots and she doesn't need duplicates of the forged cutlery, does anyone have suggestions on what she could place in there - I was thinking the new pink tomato knife and maybe a color coated knife that is used for only certain foods but I think she wants them to all look alike?

The 2 slots are driving her crazy because she feels they shouldn't be empty?

Thanks for your thoughts?

I think the carving set, 1056!

ldynred7 said:
I think the carving set, 1056!

The fork won't fit but the knife does. With that they should all be filled unless she just has one kitchen shears. Yep. All the rest are the knives and the steak knives.

I made the mistake of purchasing the salad shears thinking that they would fit in the slot next to my kitchen shears, and they didn't fit :(

I have one of the new S/S green knives and hope to add the new pink tomato knife, I actually enjoy having an "everyday" knife in the block and don't mind the color even in my "matching" kitchen.

Out of curiosity, the carving set REALLY doesn't fit in the block either!!!:yuck:

Thanks for all of the responses - she definitely doesn't want the colored knives in the set. I wish the steak knives came in a set of 4 or 6 and then she would be so happy. :)Thanks again!!

there are extra slots to allow for future additions to the forged cutlery line. it's no big deal to have empty slots.

it annoys me to have empty slots and that some of the knives and especially the shears don't fit correctly. I am just anal like that.

I had a host who was annoyed about how the shears don't fit well. I didn't know what to tell her.

IF you take the cover off of the shears they fit better. It is annoying to me as well that they do not fit right.

KayPT said:
I had a host who was annoyed about how the shears don't fit well. I didn't know what to tell her.

It bugs me too, I feel they don't fit at all. Thankfully I have the old shears and keep them in the block, they fit nicely. I keep my pair of new shears in my show kit. I don't like that there are empty slots, but I guess it is what it is...

DebbieJ said:
there are extra slots to allow for future additions to the forged cutlery line. it's no big deal to have empty slots.

Fortunately or unfortunately, it is a big deal to my customer - I have gotten her to the point where she is okay with the empty slots but she really wants to know what the design plan was in the beginning and if PC had other thoughts for the use of those slots.

While the extra slots may not bother you or I, it does give some the feeling that the set/block is not complete. After a customer has paid over $400 for an item, the last feeling I want them to have is that something isn't complete or is lacking something.

Thanks everyone for your input - she is going to get the steak knives and she promised not too much complaining about the remaining slots. ;)

Yup, I had to go test my brand new carving set that just came in the mail & I couldn't get the fork in the large hole either. :(My sheers fit great! I angle them so they go from top left to bottom right & they fit nice & snug. ;)

I also have the block set but I can't figure out where each knife is suppose to go. None of then seem to have a perfect spot. can anyone help me with this?

KivaSlade said:
Fortunately or unfortunately, it is a big deal to my customer - I have gotten her to the point where she is okay with the empty slots but she really wants to know what the design plan was in the beginning and if PC had other thoughts for the use of those slots.

yes, the "other thoughts" are future Forged Cutlery pieces.

I guess they wanted it to be "generic" in case customers had knives other than the Forged Cutlery that they wanted ot put in there.

This is why I don't use a bamboo block. I have the knives on my wall on a magnetic strip. :)

Attachments

• 26212_10150104456660532_725675531_11278616_3922791_n.jpg
    26212_10150104456660532_725675531_11278616_3922791_n.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 466
lisabrown_pc said:
I also have the block set but I can't figure out where each knife is suppose to go. None of then seem to have a perfect spot. can anyone help me with this?

The suggested way to do it is in the product use and care.

It bothers me too that the shears don't fit. I have the last design and the newer ones and neither ones fit I feel. Am I missing something?

What is the purpose of a butcher knife block?

A butcher knife block is designed to hold and organize different types of knives, specifically butcher knives, in one convenient location in your kitchen.

How many slots are typically in a butcher knife block?

The number of slots in a butcher knife block can vary, but the most common number is around 8-10 slots. This allows for a variety of different sized knives to be stored.

What is the best way to clean a butcher knife block?

To clean a butcher knife block, remove all knives from the block and wipe down the block with a damp cloth. If there are any tough stains or residue, use a mild soap and water mixture to gently scrub the block. Once clean, dry the block thoroughly before placing the knives back in.

Can I store other types of knives in a butcher knife block?

While a butcher knife block is specifically designed for butcher knives, you can also store other types of knives in the block as long as they fit in the slots provided. However, it is not recommended to store serrated knives in a butcher knife block as they can dull the blades of other knives.

Are there any safety precautions I should take when using a butcher knife block?

When using a butcher knife block, it is important to always handle knives with caution and to remove them from the block carefully. Make sure the block is stable and secure on the countertop to prevent any accidents. It is also a good idea to keep the block out of reach of children.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• j&k'smom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
j&k'smom
  • Porchechef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Nep2nfly